Never, I am not that incompetent 43%       43%  [ 17 ]
Once, then I quit Ebay 3%       3%  [ 1 ]
I never sell on Ebay or otherwise 20%       20%  [ 8 ]
I did, but it was the customers fault! 3%       3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40

Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:24 am 

Loralon used to post here, I believe. Either that or I saw his eBay name.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:41 am 

otherworld wrote:A few years back, I needed some cash and was forced to sell my beloved R1-4, RPGA1-4 and ST1 modules.  I got pretty good prices for them, but fracked up big time and sent 3 of them by mistake to a collector in Italy, and his one module went to a collector in the US who should have been sent the first 3.  The Italian collector agreed to send them back to me, but they went mysteriously 'missing in the mail'. Then he stopped answering e-mails.  I never got them back, and had to refund the purchase price of the US collector too.  I lost a lot of money as well as the heart of my collection, and for a short time lost faith in the collector community.

In case you're curious, the Italian collector went by the name of 'Loralon'.  Anyone know him?

Man, that has to be the hard-luck story of the year.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:51 am 

That's bad image for my country.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:07 am 

Like I said, it was a couple of years back, so I'm over it......really!

However, if I had screwed a fellow collector like that, I would be racked with guilt.  I would take no pleasure in owning items which I knew were stolen, so I hope Loralon thinks about what he did everytime he looks at the modules!

That's not very Lawful Good, is it?

Oh, and please don't take it is a slur on the character of Italian collectors.  His nationality is irrelevant really, and I'm not sure why I mentioned it at all.  There are ba$tards in every country of the world!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:41 pm 

I've never sent the wrong items, but I've had a seller mix up a shipment, one for me and one for cougarrinard (yes, THE).

My M-bag arrived (with his stuff) and the seller paid me to have the stuff shipped to the UK. And guess what? HIS M-Bag (with my stuff in it) never arrived and neither did the parcel I shipped. The seller later refunded us both in full, but sure wasn't a fun story for anybody.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:19 pm 

We did ship an item to the wrong buyer once but we had a spare copy so it wasn't too bad. :)

We bought a piece of art from Elmoreart on ebay and recieved the wrong piece. They said they would reimburse us to ship it back but they never did. I also asked them questions several times with no reply. Sad.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:09 pm 

guerret wrote:That's bad image for my country.

Not to pile on, but the worst EBay exprerince I ever had was with a buyer from Italy. The buyer won 5 of my auctions and the essentially refused to use the payment forms I had clearly set forth in my auction.  At the time I was not accepting CC payments through paypal(which was still allowed by Ebay), but I did offer BidPay.  He clearly didn't want to use bidpay and so he kept trying to play dumb and ask the same questions over and over.  Finally, I got fed up and just told him that I was canceling the sale.   The worst part of it was, is that even after all that hassle he put me through, I just let it go, however he ended up negging me 5 times anyway 2 1/2 months later. He must have been thinking that it was long enough to be able get away with it without response, but fortunately I was able to respond in kind.  It still irks me a bit to this day.  I should probably say that I have had other experiences with Italian buyers too that were some of my best ever as well. :wink:

The only other neg that I have ever gotten was from moron seller from the US who gave me a neg by accident after the auction was over, paid for and already received by myself.  :roll:  He wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:26 pm 

My worst ebay experience to date was also with an Italian buyer, but it worked out just fine in the end.  Nothing at all against Italians; in fact, my family has roots in Tuscany.  

Part of the problem seems to be with the Italian postal service.  The last time I sent a shipment to Italy (to Sotteraneo, who is or was a member here), the postal employee at the counter told me I couldn't even ship Global Priority to Italy.  Fortunately, Sotto got his book, but I have to admit I was a little worried until it got there.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:43 pm 

bclarkie wrote:The only other neg that I have ever gotten was from moron seller from the US who gave me a neg by accident after the auction was over, paid for and already received by myself.  :roll:  He wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Didn't you try for a mutual feedback retraction?

Italians are people who generally try to gain without giving, in all aspects (working little and asking for high payments, bargaining over prices, even robbing for small amounts of money, as you see). Even though there are very few people capable and willing to commit real crimes (no more than in other countries, generally), this minor cheating has reasonably given us a bad fame. I am proud to fall completely out of this category (Badmike should know something!).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:37 pm 

guerret wrote:Didn't you try for a mutual feedback retraction?

I would have, except there were the dark days of Ebay, the days before mutual feedback withdrawl. :wink:  :lol:   Seriously though this occured way back in 2000 about a year after I started and probably a good 4 years before Ebay allowed for such a thing as feedback withdrawl. So, I am stuck with it.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:19 pm 

Oh and I forgot to add that thus far I have not yet shipped to the wrong buyer.  That being said, I can guarentee to have just doomed myself to doing it now, by saying that I haven't done it yet. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:45 am 

Haha some poor sap is gonna buy something rare from you and end up receiveing 300 A3's.   :P

bclarkie wrote:Oh and I forgot to add that thus far I have not yet shipped to the wrong buyer.  That being said, I can guarentee to have just doomed myself to doing it now, by saying that I haven't done it yet. :roll:

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:07 pm 

guerret wrote:
bclarkie wrote:The only other neg that I have ever gotten was from moron seller from the US who gave me a neg by accident after the auction was over, paid for and already received by myself.  :roll:  He wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Didn't you try for a mutual feedback retraction?

Italians are people who generally try to gain without giving, in all aspects (working little and asking for high payments, bargaining over prices, even robbing for small amounts of money, as you see). Even though there are very few people capable and willing to commit real crimes (no more than in other countries, generally), this minor cheating has reasonably given us a bad fame. I am proud to fall completely out of this category (Badmike should know something!).

As long as any nation in the world has politicians I don't think any of us can claim to come to from a country entirely full of honest people! Imagine a country where all the population were honest - they'd have to import a goverrnment :D

On topic - had a package for Civ 2 arrive this week which is my favourite PC game ever so I thought I'd treat myself to a collectors copy. Box, instructions and maps were in fantastic condition but there was no disk in the case. I e-mailed the seller and he realised that he hadn't put it in was hugely embarassed and aopologetic. He does exactly the same as me with his games storing the disks in a folder by the PC and putting the boxes in storage so I could see exactly where he was coming from, bless him!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:27 pm 

bombadil wrote: the postal employee at the counter told me I couldn't even ship Global Priority to Italy.  

This is true. If you go to www.usps.gov and select Italy for shipping a package, there is no option for Global Priority. I just sent a package there last Saturday, so I checked this last week.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:02 am 

zhowar wrote:
bombadil wrote: the postal employee at the counter told me I couldn't even ship Global Priority to Italy.  

This is true. If you go to www.usps.gov and select Italy for shipping a package, there is no option for Global Priority. I just sent a package there last Saturday, so I checked this last week.

For what it's worth - Italy buys a ton of RPG items, but there is no Global Priority.  The two other countries I sometimes ship to that don't have Global Priority are Greece and Russia.

Brazil has Global Priority to Sao Paulo and Rio De Janeiro, but I think those are the only two places - which could get you burned as the www.usps.com website doesn't seem to explain that.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:27 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Oh and I forgot to add that thus far I have not yet shipped to the wrong buyer.  That being said, I can guarentee to have just doomed myself to doing it now, by saying that I haven't done it yet. :roll:

Well, just like I predicted amonth and a half ago, I went ahead and f**ked up today and shipped the wrong 2 modules to a buyer. :roll:   I tired going back to the PO shortly after I realized the mistake, but to no avail, the shipment was gone.  Gad am I irritated. :x

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:44 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Well, just like I predicted amonth and a hlaf ago, I wne ahead and f**ked up today and shipped the wrong 2 modules to a buyer. :roll:   I tired going back to the PO shortly after I realized the mistake, but to no avail, the shipment was gone.  Gad am I irritated. :x

Does that mean my Keep on the Borderlands evolved into something better?   :wink:

With 300 auctions you were either bound to make a mistake or take forever in shipping the items out.  Or both.  Hopefully the buyer can re-ship it to the proper person.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:45 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Well, just like I predicted amonth and a hlaf ago, I wne ahead and f**ked up today and shipped the wrong 2 modules to a buyer. :roll:   I tired going back to the PO shortly after I realized the mistake, but to no avail, the shipment was gone.  Gad am I irritated. :x

Does that mean my Keep on the Borderlands evolved into something better?   :wink:

With 300 auctions you were either bound to make a mistake or take forever in shipping the items out.  Or both.  Hopefully the buyer can re-ship it to the proper person.

Fortunately, I was able to contact the buyer I shipped the wrong items to and he is going to return them to me. :)   Not to worry about your B2 though, it(and the other stuff)  is safely packed up and ready to ship tomorrow. :wink:

FWIW, if I might reiterate myself again, if anyone decides to do this many auctions at one timeshould have their head examined. I know I sure do :oops:  I took the feckin day off of work, I made 6 seperate trips to the PO and I still didn't get everything I want shipped out today.  I also neglected to inlcude to other items in boxes and now have to ship those out seprately.  :oops:  Oh well, I did get a lot accomplished though and I will all the stuff that was paid for so far shipped out by tomorrow so I think I am in good shape as far as that goes. :)

PreviousNext