Evolution of the game: D&D goes massively multi-player
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:26 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Finally, I'm curious if any Neverwinter / Baldur's Gate / Torment players have any interest in D&D Online? I don't feel that it's really my cup of tea, but I'm curious as to what others are thinking.

Yeah, I'm interested, but only to get a visual on Eberron without having to collect it.
If I was to seriously play an online game, my body probably couldn't handle going to work, so I'd have to sell myself on the corner for money (eeeww....not a pretty visual).

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:56 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Are you allowed to give and receive items with other people?

do you mean in online games like EQ ? yes, unless they have some designation ( In EQ it's called "no drop" ) .

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:35 pm 

NetRodent wrote:The magic word was "XYZZY".  Its a great word.  I still use it in my coding to mark sections of code that need work.  I've also used it as triggers for easter eggs on a few of my websites.

Try: www.xyzzy.com

and

http://www.xyzzynews.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:00 pm 

I've read a bit about it, and haven't heard anything good. I've played most of the major MMO's, and currently play World of Warcraft, along with several friends, relatives, and my wife ;)

Imo, DDO just doesn't bring anything new to the table, other than the D&D name. And it doesn't seem to really integrate anything that I assosciate with being "D&D", other than the 3.5 rule set.

And Eberron.. bleh. I don't mind the world, but I wish it was absolutely any other world (ok, except for Dark Sun or Ravenloft). FR, Greyhawk, or Dragonlance would have been great. I'd have died of joy if it'd been Planescape.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 am 

I might as well post to this one..

Did anyone play/ does anyone play http://www.ddo.com/ D&D online? Free? Good/Bad? Good for passing te time?

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 am 

beasterbrook wrote:I might as well post to this one..

Did anyone play/ does anyone play http://www.ddo.com/ D&D online? Free? Good/Bad? Good for passing te time?

Brette:)

Good for passing the time...

... I have a L20 dwarven fighter on one of the servers...

But I haven't played-to-pay any MMO's for a few years now. I play Neverwinter Nights 2 online, through a couple of home-brew servers to get my 3.5 fix.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 am 

It's an OK free MMO, fairly entertaining for awhile.  WoW has better animations and options, Neverwinter has a better D&D experience.  And strangely, LOTRO feels more like a D&D MMO than DDO does.

But it's OK.  :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:56 am 

These days all MMOs are the same formula and DDO is no exception. Predictable grinding, linear progression, forced cooperation and no options. Snore.

In search of the unknown...

YIM  
Previous