Titan-Games and Old Sardul 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Tonya and Old Sardul 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
All Three 12%       12%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 26

Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:20 am 

I have purchased from both Titan and Tonya.  No problems and everything above board.   8)  

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:37 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:I used to order from Titan all the time, back when I used them and Dragon's Trove and the rec.games group to fill in the gaps in my collection.

But starting with the "eBay era" — not so much. There's just too many halfway decent people out there who I'd rather buy from. And now, as I've made clear elsewhere, neither Titan nor Tonya will ever, ever, ever see another penny from me.

Hi Xaxaxe, I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.  :(

Three things I want to point out, here:
A.  Brian Collins is my full time employee, and really a mentor to me in learning not to be a jerk online.  Over the past year, I think Brian has done a KICK ASS job schooling me to be a better busienss person.

B.  Brian does not sell for me on eBay.  Old_Sardul is his personal items, his personal collection, etc.  In no way is that affiliated with my association, so if you REALLY hate ME, there is still no reason not to deal with Brian Collins - one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to games.

C.  I don't read these forums until someone says "They are killing you on the Acaeum" so if you, or anyone, has a problem - I bet I can fix it.  Call me, heck it's toll free: 877-542-6377 and I will work my arse off to make you happy.  

Yup, I have been an ass before, and - really - that's been a few years now.  I still have to live it down, though.  And, yes, we do charge dearly for S&H.  However, if you are dissatisfied, let me know and I bet we can work something out.

NOTE:  Brian sets more of the policy for S&H fee's for Titan Games.  However, the eBay sales have to cover more costs with the fee's than Titan Games does.  Often, when we are selling something on eBay (Titan-Games) we are selling it at or below our cost at the opening bid, and more items are selling with one bid than ever before!  Tonyas-Games is ran by my daughter, and I give her advice time to time.  However, if you have a problem with Tonya, I am her dad, give me a call, and I will attempt to fix things (plus, you get the satisfaction that Tonya HATES for me to stick my nose in her business).

Thanks everyone,

Marcus King
Titan Games

Marcus King
Titan Games - OWNER
269-963-3773

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 am 

I have to admit that this was as polite and correct as one could ever hope it to be. It is possible that Mr. King rips people off in business (I don't really know, I've never bought from him yet) and has a thousand more defects, but at least he had the courage to come here and state his position, and after the flames that have been ensued on him he did it better than most of us could expect.

Now it would be very nice if miss Tonya came and faced the accusations, too, plus it would really be appreciated if the Melissa story and the cancer thing, which seems to be offending several people (and for uncontestable reasons, I'd say), were put down from that About Me page.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:10 am 

Yup, I admire balls, and he has cannons. And to think I was going to nickname him Porkus King.
Actually, I still will. Everyone deserves a good nickname.
I am pretty sure that what inflamed Xax was the cancer reference. Most of us here either have lost someone to the epidemic, or have it ourselves, so to make a mockery of it is not a good idea.
I'm not sure personally if the shipping is out of line. I guess I will find out, I think I just won some figurines from TightEnd. But the name doesn't raise any red flags, so if I did have dealings in the past they couldn't have been all that bad.
However, to make money on shipping in order to offset low eBay prices is a bit absurd. Raise the starting price, and it solves the issue. No one likes to pay too much for S&H, it's considered wasted money. Hence why I only charge exact shipping. To me, handling is the price you pay for not selling your stuff through a brick-and-mortar operation. It is NOT the way to recover "eBay fees".

Previous