Question re: Tonya for anyone at Titan
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:18 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:I think alot of sellers have read some book by Greedy McAssbag that told them they can make more money buy selling items cheap but making a big profit on "Handling Charges" since ebay doesn't get a cut on shipping.

This is an excellent point.

On your next trip to Barnes & Noble, take a look at how many "Make A Million on eBay" books are on the shelves. All of the "unauthorized" titles — and that's every one of them except for one — generally suggest that buyers are to be treated as mindless cattle, and should be happy to help the seller make his million by gleefully ponying up for extra shipping charges and, of course, the "H" word — "handling fees."

Whatever the hell those are. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:19 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
burntwire brothers wrote:I think alot of sellers have read some book by Greedy McAssbag that told them they can make more money buy selling items cheap but making a big profit on "Handling Charges" since ebay doesn't get a cut on shipping.

On your next trip to Barnes & Noble, take a look at how many "Make A Million on eBay" books are on the shelves. All of the "unauthorized" titles — and that's every one of them except for one — generally suggest that buyers are to be treated as mindless cattle, and should be happy to help the seller make his million by gleefully ponying up for extra shipping charges and, of course, the "H" word — "handling fees."

There's only one profession in which charging "handling fees" is legit...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:21 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:

Did any of these books manage to make that million to its author?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:22 pm 

I've bought from Titan a number of times through eBay. While I view their multiple item S&H as appalling...

...their shipping charges/policies (at least the domestic S&H) are clearly listed in their auctions. It's only a surprise if you don't read the auction listing.

What more is there to say? Don't like their policies? Vote with your wallet.

I still buy from them on occasion, but would only bid on multiple auctions in an emergency.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:57 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:

There's only one profession in which charging "handling fees" is legit...

LOL (and another point for pleveich, oops wrong thread)

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:07 pm 

I too have purchased from both Titan and Tonya. I knew going in what the total charges would be. In all the above mentioned  cases what I purchased arrived safely in good condition. Did I like paying that much "extra", no, but again that was factored into my bid(s).  I can say that I was happy with the objects and the service in all the transactions.

I also agree with everyone in flaming Tonya, not the personal stuff but the business issues over her attacks on customers.  It is quite obvious that COMMUNICATIONS is not nor has been one of the classes she is taking or has taken in college. Al was correct in stating that the manager/owner is ALWAYS responsible for what their employees are doing. Tonya needs to accept and understand that.

This and the other threads have been good for the fact they have generated some good dialogue on selling practices from Titan and the many other great sellers that are a part of the Acaeum. I have appreciated reading all the responses here.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Previous