Question re: Tonya for anyone at Titan
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:00 am 

Hey, Titan Games — anyone at Titan Games — I have a (largely rhetorical) question for you:

Given the facts from this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1688&start=760

Why did I even bother to defend you in this thread?:

viewtopic.php?t=3028&start=0

I feel like a total jerk for even bothering to come to your defense. I'm half-tempted to just go back and edit my posts with "Tonya is a huge JOKE and Titan Games can kiss my ass." Seriously, man, to hell with you and your entire empire built upon shipping rip-offs.

Enough is enough. Who are you trying to kid? Someone should tell Tonya that starving college students, as a general rule, do not have the resources to hire other people. I was a starving college student, and I barely had the resources to eat, let alone give money to other people.

My guess is that Tonya is neither starving, nor in college. Stop lying to us, man, and deal with customers like you actually give a damn instead of just gleefully ripping them off.

And, hey, Old Sardul (or anyone affiliated with Titan who lurks here), please pass on a message to Tonya and the rest of the pirates: it is now my mission in life to spend every one of my gaming dollars at NobleKnight or with reliable sellers here at The Acaeum. If I live to be 10,000 years old, you will never again see a penny from me. Not one single penny, you utterly shameless rip-off artists.

And Tonya's "About Me" page is absolutely reprehensible. To shift the blame onto cancer patients for your own shortcomings is so beyond disgusting as to enter a whole new realm of disgust. Some of us have lost loved ones to cancer — that might be something worth passing on to that self-serving bitch.

As a final note, I sincerely apologize to everyone in The Acaeum community for even bothering to defend these parasites.

+++++

[edited to remove words found on George Carlin's list.]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:17 am 

Stop couching your posts in pretty words, man! Say what you really feel!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:23 am 

Yeah, that's what my English teachers always said: "Say what you MEAN; don't hold back!"

Hell with 'em. I defy any Titan person to defend Tonya's policies and/or public statements. It can't be done; BadMike's post proves that.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 am 

We've tried to call Old Ardsole or whatever his name is to account before. As you'll recall, all we got was a load of bullshit. He will not give any direct responses to questions.

I'm sure he's not in any way Tonya's actions, and won't condone that sort of behaviour. He'll probably be very ashamed and embarrased once he's read up on her actions.

And there's no way he'll come on here and apologise for her. No matter how discusted he is at her.

Sooner or later everyone learns to be very cautious about buying from them. Its one of eBay's learning curves that everyone must endure.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:23 am 

I feel obligated to mention that Miss Tonya is MARCUS' daughter NOT MINE - my last name is COLLINS...

Back to your regularly scheduled Titan Bashing!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:48 am 

Old_Sardul wrote:I feel obligated to mention that Miss Tonya is MARCUS' daughter NOT MINE - my last name is COLLINS...

Back to your regularly scheduled Titan Bashing!

As fun as bashing is, I'm not going to indulge.  Tonya is doing a good job losing customers without any assistance from me.

Old_Sardul, what exactly is your connection to Tonya/Titan?  It's never been very clear to us.  People have accused you of dodging questions, and I'm curious to know why that would be.  Perhaps you don't have the answers.

We know there is Marcus/Tonya, and a few assistants that may or may not actually exist.  What is your role there?  Clearly, you have some involvement in advertising...

YIM  

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:27 am 

Alllllllrighty gang.  While I appreciate the enthusiasm that everyone has for righting perceived wrongs in our hobby, could we be a little nicer?  Or more specifically, could we get our points across without resorting to vulgar language?  It only serves to lessen the impact of what you're saying, and turns off many readers who might otherwise be sympathetic.

I'm not about to start policing the forums, but I do think that some restraint of the vitriol is in order.  (And this is not just directed to the authors in this particular thread, but to many different people in several recent threads).

Regards,

Foul

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:01 pm 

A fair request. I usually try to steer away from the more obvious vulgarities, but I let loose last night. I'll clean up my post in a couple of minutes.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:58 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:Alllllllrighty gang.  While I appreciate the enthusiasm that everyone has for righting perceived wrongs in our hobby, could we be a little nicer?  Or more specifically, could we get our points across without resorting to vulgar language?  It only serves to lessen the impact of what you're saying, and turns off many readers who might otherwise be sympathetic.

I'm not about to start policing the forums, but I do think that some restraint of the vitriol is in order.  (And this is not just directed to the authors in this particular thread, but to many different people in several recent threads).

Regards,

Foul

Brian/Sardul is not related to the Kings...I've dealt with him many times with no problems.  Don't unfairly toss him in the rubbish with the others, all of us have had to work for/with lunatics before there is no use in blaming him for their behavior....

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:09 pm 

Okay, fair enough. I've re-worded the initial subject line to draw less attention to Mr. Collins (plus, now that I think about it, I'm no longer comfortable having a user ID in a subject line).

But, given the fact that neither of the Kings will ever register here, Old Sardul is our conduit to Titan and to the sort of horrible person who would use cancer sufferers as convenient scapegoats. Thus, while it might not be fair, I addressed my original complaints toward him.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:04 am 

Actually, I don't think that miss Tonya would ever come here to reply, even if she read everything that was written. People tend to avoid confrontation when they have no hope of making their arguments valid. But still, I hope I am wrong, I would very appreciate her self-defense.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:26 am 

She does not possess the literary capacity to do so, either.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:22 am 

You guys do what you want, but I don't think this site should be the clearing house for ebay disputes.

Sure, a head's up on a chronically bad dealer is fine, and there is a thread for that already. But I don't think we need to form a new thread or TWO for every bad dealer out there.  

I also take take the internet at face value. Not everything written here or anywhere else is necessarily fact. Not that I am saying anyone here has misled anyone.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and all that. I have several sellers on ebay that I simply ignore. End of story.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:25 am 

Hi, Xaxaxe, thanks for posting this.

First let me say that I just became aware of the problems last week, and am working to correct them.

Tonya has been having some problems, and just moved out of my house, too.  However, I will do whatever I can to get her problems ironed out for anyone who contacts me.

I will point out a few things that are not common knowledge:
A.  Tonyas assistant, Melissa, did not have cancer - she was trying to scam people for money and sympathy.  She quit just before being fired.  She caused a lot of shipping problems for Tonya - as she learned that her main duty for Tonya (pulling orders for preparation for packing) was a LOT faster if you just threw away the invoices if you couldn't find the items easily.  What a mess, and what a headcase!

B.  Tonya is not a STARVING college student, though she is on a fairly tight budget.  She does work at the college as a "tester Proxy" whatever that is, about 30 hours a week.  She works for Titan Games about 16 horus a week.  She does her own eBay sales thing about 40 hours a week, and attends classes 4 days a week.  I think she sleeps less than me, and that is saying something.

C.  Brian Collins is an employee of Titan Games.  Possibly the best I've ever had.  He is honest, trustworthy and an EXCELLENT customer service person.  BRIAN is in charge of listing things for us on Titan Games.com, and he does a great job of it, too.  Brian is always trying to improve us, and I think he has, tremendously.  As a direct result of Brians influance, we at titan games have:  Shortened the time from order-to-shipping. lowered our cost of shipping across the board for TITANGAMES, and lowered our prices on most used items (Brian is always saying something like "Marcus, this item is available on eBay for $7, why would you think you can get $25 for it" and making me see reason).

We are committed to doing the job right.  And, honestly, we are going to make mistakes now and then - which is why we have the easiest return policy on the planet:
1.  If you return it to us in the same condition we sold it to you, we will refund your money, no questions asked.
2.  If we sent you the wrong item (Like you bought a box of miniatures, and I sent you a box of cards) then we will refund your entire purchase price, plus the S&H we charged you, PLUS the postage for you to return the item!).

I apologize for any problems anyone is experienceing with my company, or with Tonya.  Please feel free to contact me off list, my phone number is: 269-963-3773.

Be advised that I do not come and read the forums here - I send people here,  I think the ACAEUM is a fantastic resource for collectors - but I collect coins, so the forums I read are not these.

I was advised by my wife, through Brian, that this thread had become a concern, and that I should come and address it here.

Again, please call if you have a problem (in addition to posting if you like, I am not trying to shut anyone up, just saying I CAN FIX IT IF YOU CALL ME).

And, fixing problems, and buying collections, is what I do - it's my part of the company.

Thanks, guys and gals,

Marcus King
Titan Games
269-963-3773
heck, call and yell at me toll free at:
877-542-6377  :)

Marcus King
Titan Games - OWNER
269-963-3773

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:34 am 

Nice of you to come and make a post Marcus. I have only bought through Quincey so I have no problems but to come here and face the heat ( I'm sure there will be some ) does say something.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:35 am 

Titan Games Owner wrote:Hi, Xaxaxe, thanks for posting this.

First let me say that I just became aware of the problems last week, and am working to correct them.

Tonya has been having some problems, and just moved out of my house, too.  However, I will do whatever I can to get her problems ironed out for anyone who contacts me.

I will point out a few things that are not common knowledge:
A.  Tonyas assistant, Melissa, did not have cancer - she was trying to scam people for money and sympathy.  She quit just before being fired.  She caused a lot of shipping problems for Tonya - as she learned that her main duty for Tonya (pulling orders for preparation for packing) was a LOT faster if you just threw away the invoices if you couldn't find the items easily.  What a mess, and what a headcase!

)

This is an absolutely shocking experience, people pretending to have cancer.  It happens more thanyou think, one of my circle of friends from HS tried this about two decades ago to get out of my debts he had piled up.  Needless to say he is no longer part of my circle of friends, or anyone I know.  Since then I have lost my father to Lymphonic cancer which makes me even less sympathetic to scam artists of this caliber.  
  I really feel if your daughter had just come clean on this either here or in her About Me page on Ebay, a lot of misdirected vitriol would have dried up before ever being spewed.  This is the reason I don't have employees in my business unless they are family.  I think everyone can relate better to someone that has been screwed around by a dishonest employee than one who gets into email wars with customers and tosses out "Cyber Stalker" and "Moron" on replies to negative feedback.
    Thanks for addressing some of these points in your posting.  When someone fesses up to screwing up, it makes them look a lot more human and less of an ass, because we all do it.  I'm swallowing my pride this morning as I email a customer to let him know that a mistake I made caused his book to ship almost two weeks late.  No one wants to hear excuses when they paid 5 min after an auction was over and then had to wait two weeks to get their items.  Totally unsolicited advice here, I would advise Tonya's games in such a case to admit wrongdoing and REFUND THE SHIPPING on the package.  You will lose money in the short run but you would be surprised at how positively this is received, and word gets around.  At the very least it stops threads like this from ever becoming a concern.....
    Shipping is such a hot button point around here that it can turn opinion deadly.  There is nothing worse than having a package of 3-4 thin modules arrive and seeing a $3 postal stamp on the package when you know you paid $10.  Honestly, the only other thing I think that galvanizes people to rage more is when gas prices go up.  I dont' think you guys are going to alter your shipping prices, but just be aware that more than almost anything else this will cause resentment and irritation among the collecting masses.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:39 am 

Titan Games Owner wrote:
B.  Tonya is not a STARVING college student, though she is on a fairly tight budget.  She does work at the college as a "tester Proxy" whatever that is, about 30 hours a week.  

Just as an aside I think you mean "test proctor"; folks who either do self-paced classes, are trying to "CLEP" out of a class by taking an equivalency exam, or are taking a make-up exam usually do so in a testing center and there's a general proctor who makes sure that they don't bring notes, cheat with someone else, etc.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:12 am 

Badmike wrote:This is an absolutely shocking experience, people pretending to have cancer.  It happens more thanyou think, one of my circle of friends from HS tried this about two decades ago to get out of my debts he had piled up.  Needless to say he is no longer part of my circle of friends, or anyone I know.  Since then I have lost my father to Lymphonic cancer which makes me even less sympathetic to scam artists of this caliber.

Even more shocking when your brother does it to you after my wife finished  2 years of battling cancer, and right to her/my face. He did it just to gain sympathy because he went from making a mid-six figure salary to being divorced, unemployed and broke. :evil:

This Xmas he had a stroke which left him mostly paralyzed on the left side. The dark part of me felt some retribution in this but I would never wish this on anyone, after all he is my brother. I only hope he does get better and learn that this is rock bottom.

On a slightly humorous point ( albiet dark ) he did make me his health proxy so if he f*&ks up I can always pull that plug if the chance arises  :twisted:

Next