Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 111123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 pm 

(But not from this guy.)

cgi.ebay.ca/22-Advanced-dungeon-and-dra ... dZViewItem

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 pm 

Today must be like feckin copyright infringement day.  I have reported like 12 different auctions already today including this one:

eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:46 am 

deimos3428 wrote:(But not from this guy.)

cgi.ebay.ca/22-Advanced-dungeon-and-dra ... dZViewItem

Also from this listing...
NOTE: All these files are freely available on the internet and the paperback and hardback books are long out of print, and no longer available to buy.

I wasn't aware that WOC was giving all this stuff away and if they were why would you pay this knucklehead for it?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:51 am 

sheeadog wrote:I wasn't aware that WOC was giving all this stuff away and if they were why would you pay this knucklehead for it?

Well, assuming it was "free" (it isn't), he probably thinks it's legal for him to distribute it (it isn't, either for free or for a profit.)

You can do that with Linux, incidentally.  It has a very specific "copyleft" license to get around the issue of distribution rights.  Unfortunately, that's led people to believe it can be done with other materials.

As to why someone would pay for it, I have no idea.  You'd have to be pretty dense.

YIM  

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:59 pm 

Unbelievable:

Massive Collection | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:19 pm 

cgi.ebay.ca/TSR-Dungeons-Dragons-Module ... dZViewItem
Same crafty PDF copyright infringer as my previous post.   :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:22 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/TSR-Dungeons-Dragons-Module ... dZViewItem
Same crafty PDF copyright infringer as my previous post.   :roll:

EBay has to hate me.  I have reported illegal pdf auctions over 100 times today. No Joke. I just keep backing up in my browser and reporting them again and again.  Sooner or later someone is going to notice. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:45 am 

and this one:

Dragon Magazine | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:52 am 

Aight, I'm gonna need a bit of support when I go to eBay after I win all these. You're with me, right guys? Guys?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:22 am 

Get this guys (and keep up the good work!!).  This is the reply I got when I asked a few questions about the material this guy was selling.  I had asked wether he was a licensed distributor or had just downloaded and was burning material:

Does it really matter? But, to answer your question, no, I am not an "official" distributor. I paid for and downloaded the modules, and I have chosen to reproduce them... As a serious gamer, much like my target market, I know how expensive these things are. Therefore, I offer them as a service to my colleagues in the gaming community. I am not begging anyone to bid on these items, that is why the price is so low. If you are not fully satisfied with the products, I will gladly give refunds.  What I am doing is the same as if I downloaded the files, printed them, then sold the printed copies. It is not ILLEGAL, if that is what you are asking. Once you buy the download, it is yours to do what you wish with -- I have chosen to sell the downloads to the gaming community who would otherwise not be able to get their hands on this material (in the present day).....

So what do you all think?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:07 am 

intelligator wrote:Get this guys (and keep up the good work!!).  This is the reply I got when I asked a few questions about the material this guy was selling.  I had asked wether he was a licensed distributor or had just downloaded and was burning material:

It's obviously illegal.  And if he's as devoted to the gaming community as he says he is, he should be offering them for free on a website.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:11 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Aight, I'm gonna need a bit of support when I go to eBay after I win all these. You're with me, right guys? Guys?

Just let me know what ya need me to do :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:33 am 

He's a fukin moron, obviously. Did I get his stuff too?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:22 am 

eBay.com Item Bid History

Nothing worse than a PDFer AND a shiller.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:59 am 

intelligator wrote:What I am doing is the same as if I downloaded the files, printed them, then sold the printed copies.

Emphasis mine.  The rest of his post is irrelevant, and incorrect.  This is quite illegal with any copyrighted material.

[edit]Whoops.  I made it sound like intelligator was the bad guy there, not the guy he was quoting.  You get the point.

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:39 pm 

Yeah, this guy is a piece of work.  Like he actually created the stuff!  More than that though, his tone is defensive which means to me that he knows he's doing something at least questionable; I guess he doesn't want to face up to the fact that it's out and out illegal.

re: support - just let me what is needed, I'll be happy to chime in.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:50 pm 

intelligator wrote:his tone is defensive which means to me that he knows he's doing something at least questionable

Someone could do a study on how these guys are all cut from the same template. They know, depending on what exactly their scheme is, that they are doing anywhere from one to 100 illegal things, but they try to talk themselves into how their specific scheme is legal.

The only amusing part is watching them twist themselves into pretzels if they decide to debate anyone on the facts (our very own Gantlers853 is a gold medalist at this). Other than that, they should all be lined up against a wall ...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:33 pm 

That's it - they're all dead!!  Now I'm enraged.  I'm going to report and report and report.  This dirtbag has admitted that it's illegal and keeps doing it anyway.  This is the dirtneck I'm talking about (although I'm sure you've all seen him before):

TSR Dungeons Dragons Modules MONSTROUS ARCANA SET | eBay

Arrrrrghhhh!!

What were those links for WOTC to report to?  Lemme know; I'm serious.

Thanks!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 111123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 109110111