Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:59 am 

EBay are only allowed to stop an auction if the complaint is received from the copyright holder or the police. You can send in as many complaints as you like, but eBay get thousands of them a day, and only address those who select 'I am the copyright holder' in the complaint form.

If you complain, claim that you own copyright and eBay will get around to addressing it after the auction has ended.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:14 am 

killjoy32 wrote: D&D Miniatures Collection: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

its that guy again "thebaron" - i have actually reported this auction SIX times while it has been listed. you know what? ebay havent even bothered to reply once.

you would think wouldnt you, with it being a 1 day listing - SIX e-mails would at least contribute enough to at LEAST feckin look at it ?

bah. :x

I have sent him another not so freindly email. :evil:   The problem is that ebay is to slow to do anything about it.  They eventually get to them but it takes more than a day and so by the time it gets reviewed, the auction is already over and so typically they do nothing.,

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:44 am 

this has got to be one of the biggest ones i've seen:

3-D Comics | eBay

i have e-mailed ebay AND the seller.... might help if a few more do tho?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:this has got to be one of the biggest ones i've seen:

400 D D 3 3 5 d20 AD D books | eBay

Al

Is done!  I was just coming here to report this very item.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:39 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:this has got to be one of the biggest ones i've seen:

3-D Comics | eBay

Al

Is done! I was just coming here to report this very item.

WotC might not care about pdf files, but I bet all those smaller publishers sure do.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:45 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
jonjhargreaves wrote:
Is done! I was just coming here to report this very item.

WotC might not care about pdf files, but I bet all those smaller publishers sure do.

Geez, the only thing worse than a criminal is a stupid criminal.  "Here's a list of all the publishers I'm ripping off".   :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:11 pm 

well it seems that it is STILL there. seller obviously doesnt care diddly squat and i didnt get a reply. anyone else get one?

you sometimes see the sneaky ones getting away with em, but this guy is soooo blatantly obvious about things, it simply amazes me.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:25 am 

Well I did get a reply:
idiot seller wrote:My son has just left home and has left me with a load of roleplaying stuff and comics to sell and now you've got me really worried! Thanks for your time.

:?  8O
A new one: Seller goes to all the trouble of writing out very full inventory and blames departed Son!!
Either way, the items have been removed!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:30 am 

jonjhargreaves wrote:Well I did get a reply:
idiot seller wrote:My son has just left home and has left me with a load of roleplaying stuff and comics to sell and now you've got me really worried! Thanks for your time.

:? 8O
A new one: Seller goes to all the trouble of writing out very full inventory and blames departed Son!!
Either way, the items have been removed!

wahay top man! maybe it was a cumulation of more than 1 person mailing him?

either way, we got a result :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:25 pm 

Nice job guys!  I'm just starting to use the usergroups but have been seeing this kind of  .pdf/cd thing often in my searches.  I'll be sure to chime in.  Glad this is being addressed!

Bravo!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:28 pm 

Another one to target:

house-hunnett

eBay listings

I've sent one message. Anyone else want to chime in, feel free.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:55 pm 

Winterwords wrote:Another one to target:

house-hunnett

eBay listings

I've sent one message. Anyone else want to chime in, feel free.

Yes this jack off has done this before last year. Take a look at his feedback and you will someone already targeted him. I have sent him a not so nice email to him:
bclarkie wrote:Dear Seller, Judging by your feedback you already know this, but I am going to tell you again anyway. This and all of your auctions are illegal and if you do not take them down immediately I will report you directly to Andrew Smith of the Wizards of the Coast legal department.

Lets see if this is enough to perseude him to stop. :x

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Lets see if this is enough to perseude him to stop. :x

i've sent a msg too...

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:29 pm 

Another message sent.
Only just started doing this messaging dodgy sellers, is it a bigger problem in UK?  There seems to be a lot at the moment, although admittedly I only look at selected overseas items, so maybe I'm only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:50 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:Another message sent.
Only just started doing this messaging dodgy sellers, is it a bigger problem in UK? There seems to be a lot at the moment, although admittedly I only look at selected overseas items, so maybe I'm only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

yeah there are loads in the UK and they aint just on RPG stuff either.

i just reported a load in relation to Bruce Lee books too.

amazing how much ebay are letting ppl get away with - the scale is huge man  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:06 am 

Got a weird message back about the Crusades but it seems to have worked, at least temporarily.

Maybe at some point we should take all the names from this topic & submit them to Wizards to show them that is a *real* problem on ebay at the moment. (Or has this already been done?). That way it would possibly make it easier for Wizards if they are part of the Vero programme on ebay to get these auctions taken off for good.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:37 am 

Winterwords wrote:Got a weird message back about the Crusades but it seems to have worked, at least temporarily.

Maybe at some point we should take all the names from this topic & submit them to Wizards to show them that is a *real* problem on ebay at the moment. (Or has this already been done?). That way it would possibly make it easier for Wizards if they are part of the Vero programme on ebay to get these auctions taken off for good.

I received a stupid message from him as well.
Moronic Seller wrote:Hi There dear Trader. Take ship at the Port of Messana and you will in Acre in 1 week. From there Jerusalem is a short march. My friends and I look forward to making numerous purchases from you as soon as my auction is cancelled as I am a keen D&D fan. Thanks for your Interest.Best regards to Smith he's a Wizard of a lawyer.

Nice little veiled threat in there too. *shutters*  :roll:  Boy am I scared :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:25 pm 

Hmmm, did anyone know that they are now producing the Dragon Magazine Archive on DVDs and that it now goes all the way up to Dragon #335: :roll:

Dragon Magazine Archive Collection DVDs CD | eBay

:x

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111