Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:35 am 

jonjhargreaves wrote: Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

These are the ones that really get me. I know (nearly) everyone reading it will know what it is, but its the pretence that this is genuine.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but if you did buy it, find out it was illegal and reported it, would you get a full refund from eBay and manage to put the seller out of pocket? If so, we could do it on mass? Only one little problem ...... now what could that be? ..... ah yes, ummm...  eBay!  :x
I'm sure that it won't work like that. Now theres a suprise.

i've seen him selling before. notice his feedback is private so you cant see what he's been up to :)

very annoying really but all you can do is report these ppl and hope ebay do the right thing...which isnt often  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:11 am 

jonjhargreaves wrote: Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

These are the ones that really get me. I know (nearly) everyone reading it will know what it is, but its the pretence that this is genuine.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but if you did buy it, find out it was illegal and reported it, would you get a full refund from eBay and manage to put the seller out of pocket? If so, we could do it on mass? Only one little problem ...... now what could that be? ..... ah yes, ummm...  eBay!  :x
I'm sure that it won't work like that. Now theres a suprise.

Being that the seller is clearly trying to avoind saying that these are illegal pdfs, I am now forcing his hand. :wink:  Question asked:

bclarkie wrote:Dear Seller,  I am very interested in your auction here, but I have some concerns.  You mean to tell me that you are selling 10 full sets of all 26 of these books for only £10.00 and with free shipping?  Being that I live in the US does this free shipping also apply to me.  Wow this seems like a deal that is too good to be true.  Can you please let me know if this Buy it Now price is correct, becuase if it is I am going to buy them all! Thanks for your time. :)

Lets see what his response is to that question, and boy is he going to be in for a surprise when this turns very against him very quickly. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:54 am 

Hmmm, this is like shooting fish in a barrell, the seller fell right into my trap. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Moronic Seller Part III wrote:HI
the books are in pdf format for file transfer

My response:
bclarkie wrote:Oh, well than that would explain it. One thing that I must tell you then and I am sure that you were probably not aware of this, but that would make your auction illegal, because of the fact that you are selling illegal copies of copyrighted material.

Lets see how this reponse is met. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:59 am 

bclarkie wrote:Hmmm, this is like shooting fish in a barrell, the seller fell right into my trap. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Moronic Seller Part III wrote:HI
the books are in pdf format for file transfer

My response:
bclarkie wrote:Oh, well than that would explain it. One thing that I must tell you then and I am sure that you were probably not aware of this, but that would make your auction illegal, because of the fact that you are selling illegal copies of copyrighted material.

Lets see how this reponse is met. :wink:

i wonder what your alignment would be :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i wonder what your alignment would be :D

Undoubtedly Lawful.  The other axis, we're not so sure.  (Just kiddin' B!).

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:17 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i wonder what your alignment would be :D

Undoubtedly Lawful. The other axis, we're not so sure. (Just kiddin' B!).

Who do you mean, it is plainly obvious. I am Lawful Good(with Evil tendancies) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:31 am 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Undoubtedly Lawful. The other axis, we're not so sure. (Just kiddin' B!).

Who do you mean, it is plainly obvious. I am Lawful Good(with Evil tendancies) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:wink:

so mebbe lawful neutral then :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:22 am 

Here is another update on the current moron. The seller response to my latest query: :roll:

Moronic Seller Part III wrote:i hold a re-sellar liscence

SO here we go again. My response:
bclarkie wrote:I am sorry, did you say that you have a resellers licence??? And where exactly did you you get that? Let me guess Wizards of the Coast sold you one right? Let me ask you at this point to remove this illegal auction or else I will report you to both EBay and to Andrew Smith of the Wizards of the Coast legal department for illegally selling copies of their copyrighted material. I will also inform RPGnow where you most likely downloaded these pdfs from that you are also in violation of thier user agreement.

Lets see if that works. :P

It seems that my last query has received the desired response. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Moronic Seller Part III wrote:OK REMOVED

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:54 pm 

Thanks for that BC,  first time I've complained to eBay about a seller, but nice to see the direct approach works.  I'll try that one in the future.
Although.... he sold 2 copies in the few hours it was up!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:21 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:Thanks for that BC, first time I've complained to eBay about a seller, but nice to see the direct approach works. I'll try that one in the future.

Good point.  The only way to permanently stop these guys is to remove their customers.   :evil:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:53 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
jonjhargreaves wrote:Thanks for that BC, first time I've complained to eBay about a seller, but nice to see the direct approach works. I'll try that one in the future.

Good point. The only way to permanently stop these guys is to remove their customers.  :evil:

thing is tho...i guarantee...give it a few weeks and he will try and list them again. watch and see :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:39 pm 

The neverending line of fraudsters continues:
cgi.ebay.ca/55-3rd-Edition-E-Books_W0QQ ... dZViewItem

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:44 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:The neverending line of fraudsters continues:
cgi.ebay.ca/55-3rd-Edition-E-Books_W0QQ ... dZViewItem

Looking at the f*ckwits feedback and taking into consideration its 3e, I wont even bother to email him. I just reported him to EBay. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:12 pm 

Has anyone seen / reported this one yet?  166 books?  

Dungeon Dragons 3rd Edition 166 E Book Set Must See | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:34 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Has anyone seen / reported this one yet? 166 books?

Dungeon Dragons 3rd Edition 166 E Book Set Must See | eBay

i actually reported that one about oooh 5-6 hrs ago. obviously e-bay think its no biggie...mebbe a few others could report it too and we might get a result?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:44 am 

D&D Miniatures Collection: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

its that guy again "thebaron" - i have actually reported this auction SIX times while it has been listed. you know what? ebay havent even bothered to reply once.

you would think wouldnt you, with it being a 1 day listing - SIX e-mails would at least contribute enough to at LEAST feckin look at it ?

bah.  :x

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:59 am 

EBay are only allowed to stop an auction if the complaint is received from the copyright holder or the police. You can send in as many complaints as you like, but eBay get thousands of them a day, and only address those who select 'I am the copyright holder' in the complaint form.

If you complain, claim that you own copyright and eBay will get around to addressing it after the auction has ended.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:14 am 

killjoy32 wrote: D&D Miniatures Collection: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

its that guy again "thebaron" - i have actually reported this auction SIX times while it has been listed. you know what? ebay havent even bothered to reply once.

you would think wouldnt you, with it being a 1 day listing - SIX e-mails would at least contribute enough to at LEAST feckin look at it ?

bah. :x

I have sent him another not so freindly email. :evil:   The problem is that ebay is to slow to do anything about it.  They eventually get to them but it takes more than a day and so by the time it gets reviewed, the auction is already over and so typically they do nothing.,

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111