Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 111123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:54 pm 

Ummm...

AD D Unearthed Arcana 1st Edition PDF | eBay

Reporting to E-Bay.

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:26 pm 

foster1969 wrote:Ummm...

AD D Unearthed Arcana 1st Edition PDF | eBay

Reporting to E-Bay.

I just reported him too, to add to the heap of complaints. I also sent him a friendly heads email like I did to the other seller yesterday. I can tell I am really getting tired of having to report every single one of these assholes. :evil:  It seems I do it at 5 times a week, no joke. I should be getting paid by feckin EBay to police thier god damn site. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:38 pm 

Seems this seller doesnt seem to think he is doing anything wrong either.  Here is his response to my 1st inquiry:

Moronic Seller #2 wrote:I am reselling official pdf files that I am purchasing through the publisher.

Thanks,
John
The Barony

Christ, where the hell do the grow these people anyway. :x

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Seems this seller doesnt seem to think he is doing anything wrong either. Here is his response to my 1st inquiry:

Moronic Seller #2 wrote:I am reselling official pdf files that I am purchasing through the publisher.

Thanks,
John
The Barony

Christ, where the hell do the grow these people anyway. :x

I was finally able to convince the seller that he was not legally allowed to sell these pdfs and he actually willing closed the auctions out. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:13 am 

bclarkie wrote:I was finally able to convince the seller that he was not legally allowed to sell these pdfs and he actually willing closed the auctions out. :)

i find that i am generally reporting ppl like this about once a day, every day - damn it gets so tiresome doesnt it?

and i reckon on average about 1 in 3 tell me to feck off cos they are doing nothing wrong....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:04 am 

It is interesting how difficult it is to actually get to the "Report a Problem" page on e-bay too.  I think I navigated through about 10 pages of crap before the link appeared to report the problem!

Kudos! to all you unsung, unpaid, unappreciated e-bay police!  :)

Matt

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:18 am 

foster1969 wrote:It is interesting how difficult it is to actually get to the "Report a Problem" page on e-bay too. I think I navigated through about 10 pages of crap before the link appeared to report the problem!

Kudos! to all you unsung, unpaid, unappreciated e-bay police! :)

Matt

i actually think ebay make it difficult for you to report things on purpose.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:36 am 

"i actually think ebay make it difficult for you to report things on purpose."

Shhhhhh!  "They" may be watching!   8O

It also pisses me off that they won't tell you what action they take.  How the hell are you supposed to know if your report did any good?  Other than the listing being removed, that is.

That's all I have to say about that...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:00 pm 

TSR D D PC4 Creature Crucible Night Howlers | eBay

Look at that feedback, maybe another Treasure Trove type "seller".  :?

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:41 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:TSR D D PC4 Creature Crucible Night Howlers | eBay

Look at that feedback, maybe another Treasure Trove type "seller". :?

Looks like his stock is still going down....his positive feedback dropped 5% from last night when I looked at this thread   8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:25 am 

I am not sure this belongs in the copyright infringement thread, maybe the shady dealers thread. :wink:   Seriously though, I noticed that guy listing back a few weeks ago and just got a seriously bad feeling about him. He at the time of listing had something like over 250 auctions up and was a brand new user. 8O   It just screamed of fraud.  I also noticed at least 2 other sellers from that exact same town that he is from with low feedbacks also selling D&D stuff during the same time frame.  The worst part of it is if you look at his 2 positve feedbacks that he received, they were left by the buyer before he received the items.  That bidder for some reason leaves all of his feedback upon completion of the auction thathe wins and not when he receives the items :roll:  How dumb can people be. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:I am not sure this belongs in the copyright infringement thread, maybe the shady dealers thread. :wink:  Seriously though, I noticed that guy listing back a few weeks ago and just got a seriously bad feeling about him. He at the time of listing had something like over 250 auctions up and was a brand new user. 8O  It just screamed of fraud. I also noticed at least 2 other sellers from that exact same town that he is from with low feedbacks also selling D&D stuff during the same time frame. The worst part of it is if you look at his 2 positve feedbacks that he received, they were left by the buyer before he received the items. That bidder for some reason leaves all of his feedback upon completion of the auction thathe wins and not when he receives the items :roll: How dumb can people be. :roll:

yeah i noticed him about the same time. i was tempted with 1 or 2 items, but i just get edgy with ebayers with very low feedbacks. guess my gut instinct was about right then  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:13 pm 

If you're gonna perpetrate fraud on that level, surely you'de be better off doing it the way ETC/TGE did it before (not ruling out the possibility that they are related). Atleast if you establish yourself as reasonably legit, you can real in more buyers and therefore more money when you do a bunk.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:17 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am not sure this belongs in the copyright infringement thread, maybe the shady dealers thread. :wink:  

I couldn't find the shady dealer's thread at the time.  :wink:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:27 pm 

here we go again...

D&D Miniatures Collection: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

i've reported this guy about half a dozen times already....

i've decided ebay are shite (whats new) and some ppl just dont give a damn.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:41 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:here we go again...

D&D Miniatures Collection: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

i've reported this guy about half a dozen times already....

i've decided ebay are shite (whats new) and some ppl just dont give a damn.

What's even worse -- he's charging shipping for PDFs.   :lol:  I wonder if there is an extra fee for high speed internet connections.  :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:45 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:i've decided ebay are shite (whats new) and some ppl just dont give a damn.

What's even worse -- he's charging shipping for PDFs.  :lol: I wonder if there is an extra fee for high speed internet connections. :roll:[/quote]

well all i have to say about anyone who goes near this muppet, is if they are stupid enough to give their money to this guy, then they deserve everything they get really.

pretty sad state of affairs :(

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:02 am 

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

These are the ones that really get me.  I know (nearly) everyone reading it will know what it is, but its the pretence that this is genuine.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but if you did buy it, find out it was illegal and reported it, would you get a full refund from eBay and manage to put the seller out of pocket?  If so, we could do it on mass? Only one little problem ......  now what could that be? .....  ah yes, ummm...   eBay!    :x
I'm sure that it won't work like that.  Now theres a suprise.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 111123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 109110111