Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:20 am 

it really is just totally amazing how many ppl just do not see the wood for the trees isnt it?

hes not "stepping on anyones toes". frankly i couldnt give a crap what he is doing. if he wants to sell the actual items and undercut ppl, then hey feel free and go for it.....selling em on CD is just illegal and you cant do it.

nuff said

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:14 am 

PDF seller here. Reported it to Ebay

Chainmail Rules for Medieval Miniatures PDF | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:it really is just totally amazing how many ppl just do not see the wood for the trees isnt it?

hes not "stepping on anyones toes". frankly i couldnt give a crap what he is doing. if he wants to sell the actual items and undercut ppl, then hey feel free and go for it.....selling em on CD is just illegal and you cant do it.

nuff said

Al

Giving away copies is also illegal.  He doesn't have distribution rights to the material.  Even if WotC created PDFs of all this stuff, it wouldn't be legal to burn them on CD and give them away, or even email them to others, unless WotC were to explicitly waive that restriction.

Plus, as bclarkie noted, this guy's just using the comic sale to hide his operation.   :roll:

(It's still being disputed whether hyperlinking directly to embedded URLs would be legal, actually...the issue revolves around whether a site might profit from linking directly to content without permission, as opposed to linking the main site URL.  I personally think it's ok, but the jury's still out on that one.)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:it really is just totally amazing how many ppl just do not see the wood for the trees isnt it?

nuff said

Al

Giving away copies is also illegal. He doesn't have distribution rights to the material. Even if WotC created PDFs of all this stuff, it wouldn't be legal to burn them on CD and give them away, or even email them to others, unless WotC were to explicitly waive that restriction.

Plus, as bclarkie noted, this guy's just using the comic sale to hide his operation.  :roll:

(It's still being disputed whether hyperlinking directly to embedded URLs would be legal, actually...the issue revolves around whether a site might profit from linking directly to content without permission, as opposed to linking the main site URL. I personally think it's ok, but the jury's still out on that one.)

Another funny thing is that he is implying that he actually has the hard copies of  the books that he was selling on CD. :roll:  I can guarantee that he doesn't. :idea:  Coincidently, every item that was on that list that he had up before Ebay removed it completely were all items that are purchasable through RPGNow. :roll:   It0ems of note that were not on the list such as RPGA1 & RPGA2 that were not on his list were suprisingly also not available on RPGNow. :roll: What a jerk-off. :x

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:18 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am actually ashamed at the fact that he is from PA. :x

We are Philly and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:59 pm 

I don't think R2 was made available as a PDF. I remember buying R1, 3 and 4.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:54 pm 

Ummm...

AD D Unearthed Arcana 1st Edition PDF | eBay

Reporting to E-Bay.

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:26 pm 

foster1969 wrote:Ummm...

AD D Unearthed Arcana 1st Edition PDF | eBay

Reporting to E-Bay.

I just reported him too, to add to the heap of complaints. I also sent him a friendly heads email like I did to the other seller yesterday. I can tell I am really getting tired of having to report every single one of these assholes. :evil:  It seems I do it at 5 times a week, no joke. I should be getting paid by feckin EBay to police thier god damn site. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:38 pm 

Seems this seller doesnt seem to think he is doing anything wrong either.  Here is his response to my 1st inquiry:

Moronic Seller #2 wrote:I am reselling official pdf files that I am purchasing through the publisher.

Thanks,
John
The Barony

Christ, where the hell do the grow these people anyway. :x

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Seems this seller doesnt seem to think he is doing anything wrong either. Here is his response to my 1st inquiry:

Moronic Seller #2 wrote:I am reselling official pdf files that I am purchasing through the publisher.

Thanks,
John
The Barony

Christ, where the hell do the grow these people anyway. :x

I was finally able to convince the seller that he was not legally allowed to sell these pdfs and he actually willing closed the auctions out. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:13 am 

bclarkie wrote:I was finally able to convince the seller that he was not legally allowed to sell these pdfs and he actually willing closed the auctions out. :)

i find that i am generally reporting ppl like this about once a day, every day - damn it gets so tiresome doesnt it?

and i reckon on average about 1 in 3 tell me to feck off cos they are doing nothing wrong....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:04 am 

It is interesting how difficult it is to actually get to the "Report a Problem" page on e-bay too.  I think I navigated through about 10 pages of crap before the link appeared to report the problem!

Kudos! to all you unsung, unpaid, unappreciated e-bay police!  :)

Matt

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:18 am 

foster1969 wrote:It is interesting how difficult it is to actually get to the "Report a Problem" page on e-bay too. I think I navigated through about 10 pages of crap before the link appeared to report the problem!

Kudos! to all you unsung, unpaid, unappreciated e-bay police! :)

Matt

i actually think ebay make it difficult for you to report things on purpose.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:36 am 

"i actually think ebay make it difficult for you to report things on purpose."

Shhhhhh!  "They" may be watching!   8O

It also pisses me off that they won't tell you what action they take.  How the hell are you supposed to know if your report did any good?  Other than the listing being removed, that is.

That's all I have to say about that...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:00 pm 

TSR D D PC4 Creature Crucible Night Howlers | eBay

Look at that feedback, maybe another Treasure Trove type "seller".  :?

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:41 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:TSR D D PC4 Creature Crucible Night Howlers | eBay

Look at that feedback, maybe another Treasure Trove type "seller". :?

Looks like his stock is still going down....his positive feedback dropped 5% from last night when I looked at this thread   8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:25 am 

I am not sure this belongs in the copyright infringement thread, maybe the shady dealers thread. :wink:   Seriously though, I noticed that guy listing back a few weeks ago and just got a seriously bad feeling about him. He at the time of listing had something like over 250 auctions up and was a brand new user. 8O   It just screamed of fraud.  I also noticed at least 2 other sellers from that exact same town that he is from with low feedbacks also selling D&D stuff during the same time frame.  The worst part of it is if you look at his 2 positve feedbacks that he received, they were left by the buyer before he received the items.  That bidder for some reason leaves all of his feedback upon completion of the auction thathe wins and not when he receives the items :roll:  How dumb can people be. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:I am not sure this belongs in the copyright infringement thread, maybe the shady dealers thread. :wink:  Seriously though, I noticed that guy listing back a few weeks ago and just got a seriously bad feeling about him. He at the time of listing had something like over 250 auctions up and was a brand new user. 8O  It just screamed of fraud. I also noticed at least 2 other sellers from that exact same town that he is from with low feedbacks also selling D&D stuff during the same time frame. The worst part of it is if you look at his 2 positve feedbacks that he received, they were left by the buyer before he received the items. That bidder for some reason leaves all of his feedback upon completion of the auction thathe wins and not when he receives the items :roll: How dumb can people be. :roll:

yeah i noticed him about the same time. i was tempted with 1 or 2 items, but i just get edgy with ebayers with very low feedbacks. guess my gut instinct was about right then  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111