Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is another one, and this time its 1st edition material :evil: :

Dungeon Masters Guide Players Handbook AD D D D | eBay

I have been having a lot of success recently informing people that their auction is illegal and having them take them down themselves(see the above posted auction), however I just emailed this new guy and he has refused saying that he is a "licensed dealer". :roll:  I the told him directly that I would report him for which he basically laughed it off and said to Say Hi to Anrew. I have already reported him to both EBay and Wizards, but it might be more efective if more people report him to EBay and Wizards then just me.  Another course of action of course would be for someone to pay him a BIN visit times 6 as he is just sitting out there right now to be shilled. Feel free to blow this ass hole away with negs while the auction is still up.

Heh, he closed the auction now, and isn't selling anything currently.

Guess he just talks big ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:29 pm 

Who wants to do this one?

Dungeons and Dragons 19 Complete Books on CD ROM | eBay

moron with money

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:20 am 

D&D Dungeons Dragons | eBay

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:17 pm 

This is without a doubt the worst ever. Prepaid downloads from Rpgnow:

eBay listings

Every module/book listed is in a quantity of 99. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: I have already reported them to EBay, it would probably best if everyone else did as well. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Then again, this might be a job for someone who is looking to do some death from above.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:48 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/Planescape-Campaign-Settin ... dZViewItem

Oh no they didn't! :evil: My precious Planescape, I shall save you from PDF sellers!

Same seller as above, going to go report them, too. Grarrarrarrrrrr.

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:57 am 

Azurah wrote:cgi.ebay.com/Planescape-Campaign-Settin ... dZViewItem

Oh no they didn't! :evil: My precious Planescape, I shall save you from PDF sellers!

Same seller as above, going to go report them, too. Grarrarrarrrrrr.

you could always hit them with a handbag from your extensive collection :D :D :D :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:17 am 

doing them on feckin DVDs now!!!

Vampire Hunter D DVD | eBay

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 pm 

some ppl never give up - i have reported about 40 in the last two days and here are a couple more:

D&D Miniatures Collection: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Vampire Hunter D DVD | eBay

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:32 pm 

Here's a rather nasty little bit of illegalness:

AD D Comics For Sale 18 CD set as Free Bonus | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:19 pm 

Someone please stomp this guy.  (OD&D on CD -- touched a nerve, there!)

cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Comics-For-Sale-18-CD ... dZViewItem

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Here's a rather nasty little bit of illegalness:

AD D Comics For Sale 18 CD set as Free Bonus | eBay

deimos3428 wrote:Someone please stomp this guy. (OD&D on CD -- touched a nerve, there!)

cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Comics-For-Sale-18-CD ... dZViewItem

Well, I just sent the seller a nice little reminder note that whether he watns to believe it or not his auction is illegal. I have also reported the auction to EBay, although that will probably not do much. If the auction does not come down soon though, I will send him a different and not so freindly reminder that he might seriously want to consider taking the auction down lest there will be DIRE consequesnces. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:32 pm 

Well it seems that I was successful in convincing the seller to stop the illegal auction, although he seems to be another one who refuses to admit that he is wrong. :roll:

For posterity, here is the correspndance between us:

My original message:
bclarkie wrote:Dear seller, you may not be aware of this, but this auction is comlpetely illegal. It is illegal to copy and sell copies of copyrighted material. Thanks.

His response:
Feckin Moronic Seller wrote:Dear Concerned Citizen if you read the auction you would notice i am not selling copyrighted material. I am selling the comics, if you or any other buyers are not happy with the price, then please move on. I am not selling the discs, i am giving them away. Thank You for your concern

My second email:
bclarkie wrote:Dear Seller, it is still illegal to give them away even though based on your auction price that you are clearly not. Under US copyright law you have the right to make a copy of a book or books for your own personal use. if you loose the book, sell the book or destroy the book, under the law you are legally required to destroy the copied material as well. Therefore under this law you are also not allowed to make copies of the material and give them away or sell them off. I would like to ask you one last time to remove this illegal auction or I will be forced to report you to both EBay and Andrew Smith of the Wizards of the Coast legal department for distributing illegal copies of their protected material.

And his final response:

Feckin Moronic Seller wrote:Ahhhh, i see. I am stepping on your toes. I see you make a living out of selling the books on ebay. No problem. I will end it. Seeing as how the ebay police is out and prowling. i guess i can sell the paper product as you. And maybe completly undersell everyone. Have a good nite.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am actually ashamed at the fact that he is from PA.  :x

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:20 am 

it really is just totally amazing how many ppl just do not see the wood for the trees isnt it?

hes not "stepping on anyones toes". frankly i couldnt give a crap what he is doing. if he wants to sell the actual items and undercut ppl, then hey feel free and go for it.....selling em on CD is just illegal and you cant do it.

nuff said

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:14 am 

PDF seller here. Reported it to Ebay

Chainmail Rules for Medieval Miniatures PDF | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:it really is just totally amazing how many ppl just do not see the wood for the trees isnt it?

hes not "stepping on anyones toes". frankly i couldnt give a crap what he is doing. if he wants to sell the actual items and undercut ppl, then hey feel free and go for it.....selling em on CD is just illegal and you cant do it.

nuff said

Al

Giving away copies is also illegal.  He doesn't have distribution rights to the material.  Even if WotC created PDFs of all this stuff, it wouldn't be legal to burn them on CD and give them away, or even email them to others, unless WotC were to explicitly waive that restriction.

Plus, as bclarkie noted, this guy's just using the comic sale to hide his operation.   :roll:

(It's still being disputed whether hyperlinking directly to embedded URLs would be legal, actually...the issue revolves around whether a site might profit from linking directly to content without permission, as opposed to linking the main site URL.  I personally think it's ok, but the jury's still out on that one.)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:it really is just totally amazing how many ppl just do not see the wood for the trees isnt it?

nuff said

Al

Giving away copies is also illegal. He doesn't have distribution rights to the material. Even if WotC created PDFs of all this stuff, it wouldn't be legal to burn them on CD and give them away, or even email them to others, unless WotC were to explicitly waive that restriction.

Plus, as bclarkie noted, this guy's just using the comic sale to hide his operation.  :roll:

(It's still being disputed whether hyperlinking directly to embedded URLs would be legal, actually...the issue revolves around whether a site might profit from linking directly to content without permission, as opposed to linking the main site URL. I personally think it's ok, but the jury's still out on that one.)

Another funny thing is that he is implying that he actually has the hard copies of  the books that he was selling on CD. :roll:  I can guarantee that he doesn't. :idea:  Coincidently, every item that was on that list that he had up before Ebay removed it completely were all items that are purchasable through RPGNow. :roll:   It0ems of note that were not on the list such as RPGA1 & RPGA2 that were not on his list were suprisingly also not available on RPGNow. :roll: What a jerk-off. :x

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:18 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am actually ashamed at the fact that he is from PA. :x

We are Philly and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:59 pm 

I don't think R2 was made available as a PDF. I remember buying R1, 3 and 4.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111