Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:35 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:Is this legal? Looks like pirated material to me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203161190

looks pretty dodgy to me, seen as he has 15 for sale lol :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:53 pm 

Thanks for the welcome, but if you are talking to me, I didn't buy any illegal material.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:21 pm 

gauntner666 wrote:Thanks for the welcome, but if you are talking to me, I didn't buy any illegal material.

But you are selling some, unless you can come up a product # for the cd that you are selling?  I know for a fact that you don't own the rights to the FR setting, and you are advertising this as:

This cd contains all the details you need to play Dungeons & Dragons adventures in the Forgotten Realms setting:

The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting is fully updated and redesigned for the new edition of the D&D game.

...sounds like infringement to me.

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:37 pm 

gauntner666 wrote:Thanks for the welcome, but if you are talking to me, I didn't buy any illegal material.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 81648&rd=1

Then who bought this, your evil twin? :roll:  Or let me guess this was legal to.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:23 pm 

There is nothing in my ad about forgotten relms material, nor does my cd contain any, only wotc materiial is the srd.  You are mistaken, recheck your information before posting.

As for the 2nd editon cd set, my wife purchassed that for me, not knowing.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:42 pm 

gauntner666 wrote:There is nothing in my ad about forgotten relms material, nor does my cd contain any, only wotc materiial is the srd. You are mistaken, recheck your information before posting.

Right.................... how convenient. :roll:

I hope you didnt come here to convice us that what you do is not wrong or illeagal becuase as everyone here already well know that it is. The forgotten realms CDs are just some other schmuck like yourself who is selling illegal material.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:48 pm 

Buy the cd then, and the proff will be presented.  And WOTC has allready received several complaints about my product, and the have a copy of my cd and don't have a problem with it, and nither does Ebay.  It's why I haven't been kicked off, like all the others that you guys have thankfuly got rid of. and it was from wizards that I found this web site.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:57 am 

gauntner666 wrote:There is nothing in my ad about forgotten relms material, nor does my cd contain any, only wotc materiial is the srd. You are mistaken, recheck your information before posting.

My bad mixed up two posts, what is it that you are selling?

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:18 am 

I guess this guy has already been raked over the coals frequently, I didn't check the back posts?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:23 am 

Report him.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:30 am 

Badmike wrote:I guess this guy has already been raked over the coals frequently, I didn't check the back posts?

Mike B.

un-effing-believable!!!  8O  8O  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:33 am 

Badmike wrote:I guess this guy has already been raked over the coals frequently, I didn't check the back posts?

Mike B.

I have reported that guy so many times I lost count. I even emailed WotC & Hasbro, but so far they have done nothing. Maybe some one should put a call into that woman Stephen spoke a month ago with about this. I think that him and Keep are somehow associated with each other based on keeps libelous auction description, but I am tired of playing games with these guys.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:44 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote: Clarkie,
Just got off the phone with Hillary Ross (or Roth?) at WoTC's Legal dept. and reported this f*ckface. She took down the ebay id and auction number, but wouldn't tell me what they do after they get that info. Anyway, I thought it would be more useful to call them than to contact ebay, but without knowing what WoTC will do it's hard to tell.

You can get to their legal dept. by calling (425) 226-6500. Let's go after these assholes!

eBay listings

Good ole Zabe73 has now worked his way into 1st edition stuff with his Bull Shit CDs. Someone seriously needs to call WotC tomorrow afternoon. I would call, but I can't while I am at work.  Someone please do us all a favor and call them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:02 pm 

You asked:
"I'm pretty sure what you are selling infringes upon wizards' copyright."

Answer:

That is deffinatly not the purpose of this auction, i was given the books on disc for a gift and decided to try and sell them. I appreciate your consirn and promise you after this auction is over, you will not be seeing it again, i didnt even think of infringing on copyright laws, thank you again.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8309724047

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:41 pm 

I  am deffinatly consirned abowt the leagulitee of dat dere awcshun.
Unfreakingreal...............
We might as well go ahead and make English a second language. No wonder our school systems can't even compare to other countries' systems.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:49 pm 

Didn't Aristotle say it first:

"The function of the brain is to cool the blood."

Truer words couldn't be spoken in this case.  Just what exactly IS it with these morons?  Are they all related?  CLOSELY related?  I'm half expecting to see a new installment in the Foxfire series on "D&D in Appalachia".  How can these guys have enough time for libel and theft...don't they need to re-string their banjos every once in a while?

BTW, Hillary at WoTC was VERY helpful.  Has anyone given her a call on this one?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:32 pm 

I haven't gotten around to actually calling her concerning the above auction yet.  I'm going to keep on eye on this guy though and see if he really ceases and desists...this "aw shucks" routine isn't cutting it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:15 pm 

Meh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44114

ICQ YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111