Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:22 am 

Ethesis wrote:BTW, the law has changed since then.

oh well there you go stephen...perfect opportunity for you to write a NEW article with the current law statutes :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:01 am 

Someone appears to be unwittingly selling Ivid the Undying:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 55414&rd=1

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:13 pm 

eBay listings

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:36 pm 

morgansurname wrote:eBay listings

i've reported him twice before....guess ebay don't listen to me :)

this is a job forrrrrrrr BCLARKIE......MAN OF JUSTICE!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:45 am 

Looks like some of our copyright super heroes are slacking off.  You have some pirated software:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

And, you also have some photocopied modules:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 38343&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 39197&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 40434&rd=1

Anyone care to oblige?  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:32 am 

And, I would guess they're posting photos of the actual modules on their auctions, rather than the cheap-ass photocopies they're selling.  Anyway, looks like someone has bid on all of them already...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:59 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

And, I would guess they're posting photos of the actual modules on their auctions, rather than the cheap-ass photocopies they're selling. Anyway, looks like someone has bid on all of them already...

That has to be out and out one of the craziest things I've ever seen posted.  Not only does it appear the seller has no idea 20+ year old items might actually have the rights owned by someone (in this case, Kenzer who retrofitted all these modules for the Hackmaster game), but you can actually get PDFs of these cheaper!!!!!
 I'll race you to report this moron!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:14 am 

Badmike wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:

And, I would guess they're posting photos of the actual modules on their auctions, rather than the cheap-ass photocopies they're selling. Anyway, looks like someone has bid on all of them already...

That has to be out and out one of the craziest things I've ever seen posted. Not only does it appear the seller has no idea 20+ year old items might actually have the rights owned by someone (in this case, Kenzer who retrofitted all these modules for the Hackmaster game), but you can actually get PDFs of these cheaper!!!!!
I'll race you to report this moron!

Mike B.

Man, this guy is a trip!  Not only is he also selling a photocopy of the SPI Battle For the Ring game, check out the description on this "mint, unused" item!

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

Well, I mean it's mint and unused, except for the missing booklets...!  :D

Ditto on this one:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

This guy is taking a GIGANTIC lead for worst seller of the year...he's absolutely trashing the competition, at least until Jonb disappears this summer....

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:40 pm 

I sent him this question:
Hi, Excuse me for asking but aren't you breaking the law here? This is copyrighted material you are copying and selling.
Eagerly awaiting a reply

I will pass along his reply when/if it arrives.

John Pleveich

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:51 pm 

pleveich wrote:

I sent him this question:
Hi, Excuse me for asking but aren't you breaking the law here? This is copyrighted material you are copying and selling.
Eagerly awaiting a reply

I will pass along his reply when/if it arrives.

John Pleveich

This is their reply:

Dear pleveich,

You asked:
"Hi, Excuse me for asking but aren't you breaking the law here? This is copyrighted material you are copying and selling. Eagerly awaiting a reply"

WE FOUND A CRATE OF THIS STUFF COPY,S AND ALL KINDS OF d&d THE RULES MAPS,WE WILL LOOK INTO IT THANK YOU.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:07 pm 

Not only is this guy a copyright idiot, he's trying to get a fortune!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 78167&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:20 pm 

Look who is back:

eBay listings

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:11 am 

Look at this f*ckin idiot:

eBay listings

He is however set up with BINs for $12.77 if anyone care to oblige him.
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:47 pm 

Well, it is official, I am now on a Crusade. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:   I sent out several emails over the weekend to both WotC and Hasbro looking to report these a$$ holes.  I just got an email today from Hasbro corporate asking for more info.  I responded with the following:
Hey Pat,
   Thanks for your reposnse.  Here is a listing of hyperlinks to several sellers on Ebay who are selling pdfs on CD Roms of your copyrighted material.  If you click on the hyper link it will pull up the seller auctions.  I will send more as I find them, but as you stated unfortunately there are a lot of them.  Here is a list of a of a few of them that I have been trying to get EBay for awhile to take them down but to no avail:

eBay listings

Seller's name is Zabe73.  He is selling a legitimate books and a CD Roms of illegally copied material.

eBay listings

Seller's name is biotechnica.  He is selling a CD Roms with pdfs of illegally copied books on it.

eBay Feedback Profile for gauntner666

Seller's name is Gauntner666.  He is selling CD Roms of illegally copied material.

I hope this helps you guys out.  Please let me know if you need anymore information about these sellers or any other questions that I can help you out with

Thanks so much for your time,
Brian

----- Original Message -----
To: Brian Clark
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:18 PM
Subject: RE: Copyright Infringement.

Dear Brian,
Thank you for your email.
Please feel free to send information to me at this email address and I will forward onto our legal department.

They have a contact at eBay to get things pulled, unfortunately it happens allot!

Thanks,
Pat
Merchant Relations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 6:18 PM
To: Merchant Relations
Subject: Copyright Infringement.

Hi,
       I am looking for someone who I can report people on EBay who are infringing on your copyrights.  I have tried several times to notify EBay, but to this point they have done absolutely nothing about it.  Here are a couple of links to some sellers on EBay who I believe are selling illegally copied material on CDR:

eBay listings

eBay listings

Please let me know if you need further information from me.

Thanks,
Brian

Hopefully this will get some action out of EBay to take these feckin idiots off for good.  I will post any further correspondance as I receive it.  Also, if anyone finds any of these that I have missed, please point them out to me and I will email it out as well.   :twisted:  No more playing games with these guys.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:32 pm 

I am no hero at speaking Italian but I think that dude wants to sell CDs with 3e rulebooks on it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44111

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:03 pm 

Oh yes, you're right. He's selling lots of stuff he hasn't bought the rights of.

:roll:

I'm writing a mail to him right now.

---------------------
UPDATE
---------------------

The guy has sent me back an email, telling it's all material based on the original items but extensively worked on by himself.
I advised him to state it in the auction description - compatible with D&D - and pulling that original D&D cover.

Guys, I'm starting to publish my own material myself... any takers?

:lol:

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:52 am 

Well at least the xD&D community isn't the only one being hit.
Battletech anyone?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 0&rd=1

With a reserve? 8O

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:38 pm 

Hello all that have been falsely acusing me.

Just to let you know im not concerned that you reported me to Wizards and Hasbro, again.  The only WOTC material on my cd is the SRD, which according to Wizards im perfectly legal to distribute, modify, and include in my own works for personal use or sale.  If you don't believe me read the legal for yourself at: Revised (v.3.5)System Reference Document.

As for the rest of my content on my cd, it's a collection of private works, freeware and shareware utilities that Im allowed to distribute with permission.But if you all would actually purchase the cd instead of creating malicious shill accounts,and attacking, you would of allready known this. Plus it's an excellent  additon to any game for players and DM's.

I have no problem with you guys going after those in violation, Im a large collector myself.  I just think you should verify your story before you jump the gun.

Oh and PS, this is a nice web site

Jim[/u]

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111