Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:07 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:No one has reported tigerfish computers yet?


i have twice in the past few months & even mailed him - he's one of them muppets, who says its free and has the rights to do this. go figure.....

anyway i reported him twice and obviously ebay didnt do diddly squat  :?


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:49 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:No one has reported tigerfish computers yet?


i have twice in the past few months & even mailed him - he's one of them muppets, who says its free and has the rights to do this. go figure.....

anyway i reported him twice and obviously ebay didnt do diddly squat :?

A friend of mine, who sold a Deities and Demigods for 1000 dollars, had from what I hear, a very long discussion about his copyright infringing & trademark stealing ways, in which he was threatened to be turned into WotC, and I have a feeling that he has finally gotten the message. :twisted:

BTW, the energizer bunny needs another wack just for kicks, if someone wants to oblige:
eBay listings


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:40 am 
 

Looks like anyburnsrules wasnt convincing enough for this guy to stop. Setup to be hammered again: :twisted:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:38 am 
 

Slain.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:04 pm 
 

Anyone ever read the article by Stephen Marsh(our very own  :wink: ) in the Judges Guild Pegasus #8 about copyrights and copyright infringment. It makes for a rather interesting read, and it pertains directly to the cause. Maybe we should refer some of these folks who seem to think that is okay and/or legal to sell CDRs of OD&D/AD&D/D&D material. It would be interesting to see what some of the responses of these idiots would be. :twisted:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:11 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Anyone ever read the article by Stephen Marsh(our very own :wink: ) in the Judges Guild Pegasus #8 about copyrights and copyright infringment. It makes for a rather interesting read, and it pertains directly to the cause. Maybe we should refer some of these folks who seem to think that is okay and/or legal to sell CDRs of OD&D/AD&D/D&D material. It would be interesting to see what some of the responses of these idiots would be. :twisted:

No, I haven't, but it sounds like an interesting read!  Please post the link to the site that has the Pegasus #8 PDF...   :lol:

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:58 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Anyone ever read the article by Stephen Marsh(our very own :wink: ) in the Judges Guild Pegasus #8 about copyrights and copyright infringment. It makes for a rather interesting read, and it pertains directly to the cause. Maybe we should refer some of these folks who seem to think that is okay and/or legal to sell CDRs of OD&D/AD&D/D&D material. It would be interesting to see what some of the responses of these idiots would be. :twisted:

No, I haven't, but it sounds like an interesting read! Please post the link to the site that has the Pegasus #8 PDF...  :lol:


ifi get round to it tonight, i will scan the page from Pegasus # 8 for y'all to browse over - i have about 6  here :)  :oops:


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:08 pm 
 

right guys, as promised, here are the scanned pages from Pegasus 8, in relation to the article "A Guide to Copyright" by Stephen R Marsh.

At this point, i just want to say thanks to Stephen for giving me the nod on posting the scans here. I would'nt have felt right doing this if he didnt approve.

Its a great article, so check it out!

PS: these are full size scans and are very large files, so my apologies once again, but i wanted them to be nice and clear for all to read  8O

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Hope it was a good read :D

Stephen....do you remember it now? :)


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:14 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5186519479

cougers getting into pirtated software?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:42 pm 
 

yes,

I originally did this for Different Worlds.  Then they decided that they could not use it.

I'm glad to see it made print, I just don't remember it, but I moved around then and the notice, etc. may just not have found me.


Regards,



Stephen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:52 pm 
 

Ethesis wrote:yes,

I originally did this for Different Worlds. Then they decided that they could not use it.

I'm glad to see it made print, I just don't remember it, but I moved around then and the notice, etc. may just not have found me.


i bet it is real strange reading something again that you did what 25-ish years ago :)

i re-read the article then spent the next hour reading the rest of the issue too! them judges guild pegasus' are a great read and its a shame they didnt get more recognition than they did.


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:34 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Ethesis wrote:yes,

I originally did this for Different Worlds. Then they decided that they could not use it.

I'm glad to see it made print, I just don't remember it, but I moved around then and the notice, etc. may just not have found me.


i bet it is real strange reading something again that you did what 25-ish years ago :)

i re-read the article then spent the next hour reading the rest of the issue too! them judges guild pegasus' are a great read and its a shame they didnt get more recognition than they did.


BTW, the law has changed since then.


Regards,



Stephen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:22 am 
 

Ethesis wrote:BTW, the law has changed since then.


oh well there you go stephen...perfect opportunity for you to write a NEW article with the current law statutes :)


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5738
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:01 am 
 

Someone appears to be unwittingly selling Ivid the Undying:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 55414&rd=1


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 299
Joined: Jun 07, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 14, 2008
Location: OHIO

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:13 pm 
 

eBay listings


May Eru's light shine upon you always.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:36 pm 
 

morgansurname wrote:eBay listings


i've reported him twice before....guess ebay don't listen to me :)

this is a job forrrrrrrr BCLARKIE......MAN OF JUSTICE!


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:45 am 
 

Looks like some of our copyright super heroes are slacking off.  You have some pirated software:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

And, you also have some photocopied modules:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 38343&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 39197&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 40434&rd=1

Anyone care to oblige?  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:32 am 
 



And, I would guess they're posting photos of the actual modules on their auctions, rather than the cheap-ass photocopies they're selling.  Anyway, looks like someone has bid on all of them already...

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111