Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 111123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 109110111
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Gee, here is a CDR with 26 D&D books as pdf's:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Nice Fat $1.00 BIN on it to, just screaming for a copyright infringement superhero to save it. :wink:

Here's another...
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

WWW ICQ  

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:52 am 

Every single one of this guy's auctions seem to be ebooks with misleading pictures. Naughty, no?

eBay listings

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:20 am 

Notice how the buyer is also a seller of PDFs. Why do we bother with these guys? Are they really reducing the rarity or sale value of our collectables?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:29 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

ok, how do I report those guys and have a feeling of succes? Does ebay do anything about these people or do they multiply faster then ebay can kick them off???

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:20 pm 

Create your own "Help Account" at Wizards' site and report each incidence of fraud/copyright theft.

I've been doing it and at least one guy has had to change id's/or state that he's selling the CD and not the PDF's.

If everyone helps, maybe we can get Ebay to banish these things completely.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:34 am 

fluffmaister wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

ok, how do I report those guys and have a feeling of succes? Does ebay do anything about these people or do they multiply faster then ebay can kick them off???

The guy's got only 1 feedback. Negative feedback would have a big impact in this case.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:33 am 

You aren't suggesting I set up a new ebayaccount and bid and leave nice feedback?  :lol:

Would that be...so against the rules?  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:05 am 

fluffmaister wrote:You aren't suggesting I set up a new ebayaccount and bid and leave nice feedback? :lol:

Would that be...so against the rules? :wink:

Seems perfectly legit' to me. There's nothing on the auction to say that the PDFs are illegal. Now, if you were to win the auction, and then discover that they were illegal PDFs, you'd be breaking the law if you proceeded with the purchase. You'd be justified in leaving negative feedback highlighting that you'd been entrapped.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:00 am 

eBay listings

this is bullshit

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:03 am 

It seems that there has been a lot of inactivity on these things the last several weeks. Where have all the superheroes gone? :? It seems like the only confirmed kill the last few weeks has been andyburnsrules.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:12 am 

draco76 wrote:eBay listings

this is bullshit

And the seller is using 1 day auctions.  So, there is no way that the official channels are going to do anything.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:19 am 

johnhuck wrote:

this is bullshit

And the seller is using 1 day auctions. So, there is no way that the official channels are going to do anything.

Heh.  I was going to try to complain to eBay about "this guy selling D&D stuff in PDF form on CDs" but figured I'd wait until after my TSR Dragon Magazine Archive finished.  Don't want any confusion.  :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:21 am 

johnhuck wrote:

this is bullshit

And the seller is using 1 day auctions. So, there is no way that the official channels are going to do anything.

i would sort it if i had an e-mail address that i could use to register  :cry:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:52 am 

oh goody, thanks to a "friend" of mine, another "friend" is now in business and will land in about oooo 22 hrs odd on a certain lot of items that should not be there :roll:

ps. NOT that i would know anything about anything of course....you DO understand dont you?  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:02 am 

fluffmaister wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

oh good, this one should be fun *cough ahem* i mean doesnt this one look a little wrong? think i will contact someone i know....  :roll:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:33 pm 

Well my internet is up.....for now.  So here is where I put my first post.:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

THese things are really starting to get out of control.  I am starting top become millitant. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:26 pm 

And more Ebooks(did all these guys move out of Pennsylvania and go to the UK? 8O ):

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

$4.00 BIN. Someone, please...................

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:45 pm 

Here is an email that I just sent to Ebay. I am really starting to get pi$$ed about this.  I am just going to keep sending the email until someone responds.

Report problems with other eBay members > Problems with sellers > The problem you're having with your seller isn't listed

Member or Item being reported: tigerfishcomputers

Message: You guys have a huge Copyright infringement problem. I have seen so many sellers selling eBooks of illegally copyrighted material it is absolutely unbelieveable. I have sent a multitude of emails regarding these issues and very few have been acted on. Here is a listing of sellers auctions that currently in blatant violation of US Copyright laws. It might be a good idea if you did something about them quickly:

eBay listings
eBay listings
eBay listings
eBay listings
eBay listings
Welcome to eBay

This is a just a short list in a small grouping on your site.

Thanks

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 111123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 109110111