Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 111123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:00 am 

morgansurname wrote:Message to our caped heroes:

Ya know, something just dawned on me: when negs are left for the copyright violations, they all state something to the effect that pirated material is being sold...blah..blah...blah. Thing is, most people that buy this sort of material are not going to give a rats a$$. They take their goods and run for the hills. Perhaps if the our masked crusaders left feedback to the effect of: Never got my stuff...seller lies....overcharged for shipping...received an empty box...etc, people would be more cautious in dealing with the thieves????

Whatcha think?

Up to now, the Bandits Of Justice have been on the side of law and righteousness. To outright lie would be for them to go to the other side..... And then the Bandits Of Justice would then be no better than the evil doers, would they not?

The Bandits Of Justice were (I think) joined together in the cause of punishing the sellers of these things. Telling untruths to do so is I think unhelpful in the end. And in this case, I feel that those means would not justify the eventual ends.

However; another tact, that may allow the Bandits Of Justice to take a comparable route, would be to inform the buyers of the illegality of the items they are purchasing. It would only take a simple E-Mail to do so; certainly no more time than going after those same poor dupes in a more aggressive manner would take, and most likely less time.

Actually, I believe that one of the Bandits Of Justice has already put into action this same tactic. It must be true, as I am not clever enough to have thought of it all on my own.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:33 am 

What about claiming ownership of copyright? I would bet that eBay would take that more seriously than a simple complaint.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am 

Aneoth wrote:
morgansurname wrote:Message to our caped heroes:

Ya know, something just dawned on me: when negs are left for the copyright violations, they all state something to the effect that pirated material is being sold...blah..blah...blah. Thing is, most people that buy this sort of material are not going to give a rats a$$. They take their goods and run for the hills. Perhaps if the our masked crusaders left feedback to the effect of: Never got my stuff...seller lies....overcharged for shipping...received an empty box...etc, people would be more cautious in dealing with the thieves????

Whatcha think?

Up to now, the Bandits Of Justice have been on the side of law and righteousness. To outright lie would be for them to go to the other side..... And then the Bandits Of Justice would then be no better than the evil doers, would they not?

The Bandits Of Justice were (I think) joined together in the cause of punishing the sellers of these things. Telling untruths to do so is I think unhelpful in the end. And in this case, I feel that those means would not justify the eventual ends.

However; another tact, that may allow the Bandits Of Justice to take a comparable route, would be to inform the buyers of the illegality of the items they are purchasing. It would only take a simple E-Mail to do so; certainly no more time than going after those same poor dupes in a more aggressive manner would take, and most likely less time.

Actually, I believe that one of the Bandits Of Justice has already put into action this same tactic. It must be true, as I am not clever enough to have thought of it all on my own.

awww...c'mon.

Come to the dark side!!!

Besides...is saying "Never received the item" lying?  Ya know darn well that the protectors of justice will never receive the items....true?

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:43 pm 

morgansurname wrote:awww...c'mon.
Come to the dark side!!!
Besides...is saying "Never received the item" lying? Ya know darn well that the protectors of justice will never receive the items....true?

Sorry I just cannot do it. Although I admit that in this case, it is tempting.... :o

If the Bandit never received the item, then yes, stating as much would be true.... at least sort of anyway.
I suppose that bending the truth is not actually lying... ummm.... sort of. :?

I suppose it is all a grey area for me. :? :?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Gee, here is a CDR with 26 D&D books as pdf's:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Nice Fat $1.00 BIN on it to, just screaming for a copyright infringement superhero to save it. :wink:

Here's another...
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

WWW ICQ  

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:52 am 

Every single one of this guy's auctions seem to be ebooks with misleading pictures. Naughty, no?

eBay listings

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:20 am 

Notice how the buyer is also a seller of PDFs. Why do we bother with these guys? Are they really reducing the rarity or sale value of our collectables?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:29 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

ok, how do I report those guys and have a feeling of succes? Does ebay do anything about these people or do they multiply faster then ebay can kick them off???

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:20 pm 

Create your own "Help Account" at Wizards' site and report each incidence of fraud/copyright theft.

I've been doing it and at least one guy has had to change id's/or state that he's selling the CD and not the PDF's.

If everyone helps, maybe we can get Ebay to banish these things completely.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:34 am 

fluffmaister wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

ok, how do I report those guys and have a feeling of succes? Does ebay do anything about these people or do they multiply faster then ebay can kick them off???

The guy's got only 1 feedback. Negative feedback would have a big impact in this case.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:33 am 

You aren't suggesting I set up a new ebayaccount and bid and leave nice feedback?  :lol:

Would that be...so against the rules?  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:05 am 

fluffmaister wrote:You aren't suggesting I set up a new ebayaccount and bid and leave nice feedback? :lol:

Would that be...so against the rules? :wink:

Seems perfectly legit' to me. There's nothing on the auction to say that the PDFs are illegal. Now, if you were to win the auction, and then discover that they were illegal PDFs, you'd be breaking the law if you proceeded with the purchase. You'd be justified in leaving negative feedback highlighting that you'd been entrapped.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:00 am 

eBay listings

this is bullshit

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:03 am 

It seems that there has been a lot of inactivity on these things the last several weeks. Where have all the superheroes gone? :? It seems like the only confirmed kill the last few weeks has been andyburnsrules.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:12 am 

draco76 wrote:eBay listings

this is bullshit

And the seller is using 1 day auctions.  So, there is no way that the official channels are going to do anything.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:19 am 

johnhuck wrote:

this is bullshit

And the seller is using 1 day auctions. So, there is no way that the official channels are going to do anything.

Heh.  I was going to try to complain to eBay about "this guy selling D&D stuff in PDF form on CDs" but figured I'd wait until after my TSR Dragon Magazine Archive finished.  Don't want any confusion.  :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:21 am 

johnhuck wrote:

this is bullshit

And the seller is using 1 day auctions. So, there is no way that the official channels are going to do anything.

i would sort it if i had an e-mail address that i could use to register  :cry:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:52 am 

oh goody, thanks to a "friend" of mine, another "friend" is now in business and will land in about oooo 22 hrs odd on a certain lot of items that should not be there :roll:

ps. NOT that i would know anything about anything of course....you DO understand dont you?  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 111123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 109110111