Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 111123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:18 pm 

This is either a legitimate item that I've never heard of, or a blatant copyright violation.  Don't know which, I haven't been keeping up with WoTC products.  The seller has several other similar auctions.

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 3&rd=1

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:05 pm 

Here's a new tack on complaining to eBay about PDFs.

Lets say you are the writer of a netbook or ebook. Some obscure small file that could or could not be lurking in the acres of downloadable garbage that you can get off the net nowadays.

You still have copyright, and if you accuse someone of copyright infringement, that accusation would tend to be enought to make some parties sit up and listen. Even if that accusation is is only implied.

So the tack goes like this....

Dear Me eBay,

I have reason to believe that the following items for sale on your site infringe on a copyright I hold. This seller is distributing material I have written without my permission. I have warned the seller directly and he continues to distribute my material on his CDs.

Please remove the items immediately, and prevent this seller from selling my material again on your site. Now that you have been made aware of this sellers activities, I will monitor his activities. If you continue to allow this seller to sell my material illegaly on your site, I will document our correspondence and begin legal proceedings accordingly.

Whilst I understand that you were not aware of the illegal activities of this individual, I have now confirmed that his activities are illegal and advised you accordingly. I trust you will no longer list this gentleman's CDs having been advised that they infringe copyright law.

Sincerely,
Mr Bogus Writer

Maybe a personal threat will have listings removed faster than a 'did you know' complaint.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:46 pm 

It's bogus, the only 3E books as pdf's are at DriveThruRPG.com - The Largest RPG Download Store!

The only WotC 3E books available as pdf are:

Fiend Folio
Complete Warrior
Deities and Demigods
Complete Adventurer
Races of Destiny
Frostburn

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:14 am 

rosenkav wrote:The guy says the pack is all genuine and pristine TSR, and the text he used was taken from the back of the box. If someone owns a copy of the silver anniversary box, we could control.

And I'm bidding on that :wink: (I've said I'm an optimist)

If he doesn't deliver, well, I'll release on him the Dreaded Curse of Toth :twisted:

Remember that Silver Edition?

It came via express courier today - and it's LOVELY - looks like the person who has opened it (carefully) didn't even read the books.

I'm writing here that to testimony that this arizzo_de seller, despite his non standard paying requirements, is a fine seller - and he even left me a positive on payment - something that not many sellers do.

Oh, and I'm glad my optimism paid off  :twisted:

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:26 pm 

Gee, here is a CDR with 26 D&D books as pdf's:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Nice Fat $1.00 BIN on it to, just screaming for a copyright infringement  superhero to save it. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:46 am 

eBay listings

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:28 am 

Here is another one. Nothing like selling a free WotC download.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1
:evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:51 pm 

Yet another one - is very specific that these are PDF's.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

**Edit - Oh..Damn...how unoriginal of me.  :oops: Posting a previous post that a poster posted.  :? **

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:32 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here is another one. Nothing like selling a free WotC download.

Anyone have a link for the free download?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:55 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

Anyone have a link for the free download?

Here is a webpage that it is on:
THE BLIZZARD PASS PROJECT - Complete!

Let me see if I can find a download page too.
====================
Damn it, I can't seem to find the download page. I am almost positive that it was downloadable at one time. I don't know maybe I am loosing my mind. :roll: Either way it is still selling illegal pdf's of copyrighted material.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:13 pm 

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... =pilgrim_m
:D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:58 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 55028&rd=1

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:32 pm 

I wonder which books are in this complete set anyway

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:08 am 

Message to our caped heroes:

Ya know, something just dawned on me:  when negs are left for the copyright violations, they all state something to the effect that pirated material is being sold...blah..blah...blah.  Thing is, most people that buy this sort of material are not going to give a rats a$$.  They take their goods and run for the hills.  Perhaps if the our masked crusaders left feedback to the effect of:  Never got my stuff...seller lies....overcharged for shipping...received an empty box...etc, people would be  more cautious in dealing with the thieves????

Whatcha think?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:49 am 

morgansurname wrote:Message to our caped heroes:

Ya know, something just dawned on me: when negs are left for the copyright violations, they all state something to the effect that pirated material is being sold...blah..blah...blah. Thing is, most people that buy this sort of material are not going to give a rats a$$. They take their goods and run for the hills. Perhaps if the our masked crusaders left feedback to the effect of: Never got my stuff...seller lies....overcharged for shipping...received an empty box...etc, people would be more cautious in dealing with the thieves????

Whatcha think?

What about....Beware! CD contains virus. Norton Antivirus could not stop it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:What about....Beware! CD contains virus. Norton Antivirus could not stop it.

I think we have a winner there. 8O  8O  8O
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:00 am 

morgansurname wrote:Message to our caped heroes:

Ya know, something just dawned on me: when negs are left for the copyright violations, they all state something to the effect that pirated material is being sold...blah..blah...blah. Thing is, most people that buy this sort of material are not going to give a rats a$$. They take their goods and run for the hills. Perhaps if the our masked crusaders left feedback to the effect of: Never got my stuff...seller lies....overcharged for shipping...received an empty box...etc, people would be more cautious in dealing with the thieves????

Whatcha think?

Up to now, the Bandits Of Justice have been on the side of law and righteousness. To outright lie would be for them to go to the other side..... And then the Bandits Of Justice would then be no better than the evil doers, would they not?

The Bandits Of Justice were (I think) joined together in the cause of punishing the sellers of these things. Telling untruths to do so is I think unhelpful in the end. And in this case, I feel that those means would not justify the eventual ends.

However; another tact, that may allow the Bandits Of Justice to take a comparable route, would be to inform the buyers of the illegality of the items they are purchasing. It would only take a simple E-Mail to do so; certainly no more time than going after those same poor dupes in a more aggressive manner would take, and most likely less time.

Actually, I believe that one of the Bandits Of Justice has already put into action this same tactic. It must be true, as I am not clever enough to have thought of it all on my own.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:33 am 

What about claiming ownership of copyright? I would bet that eBay would take that more seriously than a simple complaint.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 111123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 109110111