Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 100123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 9899100
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:53 pm 
 

O but wait sence zab lives so close you just placed your bids from his house right?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:14 am 
 

Oh, No, It seems that not only did Paradert4 buy D&D stuff from Zabe73, but Zabe73 conviently also had an interest in Paradert4's Disneyland auctions. 8O We must be stupid or something to think that it was a clear cut shill. :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Collector

Posts: 5
Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 18, 2005

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:21 am 
 

Just because I have a life and can't sit at my computer all day and respond to what you write does not mean I am gone.  I am not going anywhere as I will continue to watch what you are doing to my life and people that I know.  I will point out that none of you losers have taken the time to ask to contact me in person.  Why? Because you  do not possess the ability to act like an adult.  If you check with the webmaster of this site you will find that this login was never set up and dropped simply because it is a "shill" address.  I have stated my name, David Stetson (I go by Scott because it's my middle name and my father's name is David).  I have offered to submit proof to anyone of who I am.  But no, you are all vile attackers who continue to rampage and hurt people.  And for those of you who said I haven't resold the D&D items.  It's true.  I don't have the time to list as many items as others each week and am focusing on my Disney items.  Also, I didn't want to compete with Zabe73 while he was selling, out of respect for him.  Some of you should try the respect item once.  As far as our Ebay accounts, they are under investigation, but believe me so are the accounts of those who have created accounts just to harm Zabe.  We'll see the real results in time.  However, I still add that I am the only member here to state my name, because I am an adult willing to put myself out there for people to honestly judge.  while you hide behind fake Ebay accounts to drive someone out of business.

As you have all said, check your first posting.  You "reported " to WOTC back in 2003.  They haven't taken action.  I'm gonna guess it's because no one is doing anything wrong here.  You know how corporations are, they don't wait two years to protect themselves.  But, they do really love people distributing their free stuff so that they end up buying their products.  Why do you think at GenCon, etc., they hand out free stuff by the hundreds.  They know it's one of the tenennts of good business.

So for now I'll say this.  You have attacked myself (David Scott Stetson) and threatened people I care about.  Take a minute away from baseless attacks and talk to me.  Talk to me as a person.  I unfortunately, have to work to support myself, so I can't sit here every minute of my day and watch you all type to each other, but I will be willing to let you judge me, if you take the time to find out who I am and confront me with respect and the dignity I am showing you by saying my own name.  It is once again, David Scott Stetson.  I know I'm just some figment of Zabe73's imagination, but isn't it strange to find out, I've been on Ebay for far longer than him, and my e-mail address:[email protected] has also existed for far longer.   Feel free to write.  If you get no response, let me know on here and I will make every effort to clear up any spam blocker or filter that may block you.  Unlike these attackers I am willing to present myself out in the open for who I am.

Lastly let me ask those of you who are not part of this attack on a good, hard-working couple of people, if you have any questions about me, ask me.  I will gladly answer them.  I have stated my name and put my reputation out there.  Unlike some others.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:35 am 
 

hey bclarkie mind pushing up the price on a few auctions I have going?  O wait I don't have anyt going but if I did and he pushed the bids up for me we would be guilty of shilling, so it doesn't matter if you and zab are the same person your still guilty of shilling.  Zab also broke a few copyright laws, and used bs keywords.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:36 am 
 

paradert4 wrote:Just because I have a life and can't sit at my computer all day and respond to what you write does not mean I am gone. I am not going anywhere as I will continue to watch what you are doing to my life and people that I know. I will point out that none of you losers have taken the time to ask to contact me in person. Why? Because you do not possess the ability to act like an adult. If you check with the webmaster of this site you will find that this login was never set up and dropped simply because it is a "shill" address. I have stated my name, David Stetson (I go by Scott because it's my middle name and my father's name is David). I have offered to submit proof to anyone of who I am. But no, you are all vile attackers who continue to rampage and hurt people. And for those of you who said I haven't resold the D&D items. It's true. I don't have the time to list as many items as others each week and am focusing on my Disney items. Also, I didn't want to compete with Zabe73 while he was selling, out of respect for him. Some of you should try the respect item once. As far as our Ebay accounts, they are under investigation, but believe me so are the accounts of those who have created accounts just to harm Zabe. We'll see the real results in time. However, I still add that I am the only member here to state my name, because I am an adult willing to put myself out there for people to honestly judge. while you hide behind fake Ebay accounts to drive someone out of business.

As you have all said, check your first posting. You "reported " to WOTC back in 2003. They haven't taken action. I'm gonna guess it's because no one is doing anything wrong here. You know how corporations are, they don't wait two years to protect themselves. But, they do really love people distributing their free stuff so that they end up buying their products. Why do you think at GenCon, etc., they hand out free stuff by the hundreds. They know it's one of the tenennts of good business.

So for now I'll say this. You have attacked myself (David Scott Stetson) and threatened people I care about. Take a minute away from baseless attacks and talk to me. Talk to me as a person. I unfortunately, have to work to support myself, so I can't sit here every minute of my day and watch you all type to each other, but I will be willing to let you judge me, if you take the time to find out who I am and confront me with respect and the dignity I am showing you by saying my own name. It is once again, David Scott Stetson. I know I'm just some figment of Zabe73's imagination, but isn't it strange to find out, I've been on Ebay for far longer than him, and my e-mail address:[email protected] has also existed for far longer. Feel free to write. If you get no response, let me know on here and I will make every effort to clear up any spam blocker or filter that may block you. Unlike these attackers I am willing to present myself out in the open for who I am.

Lastly let me ask those of you who are not part of this attack on a good, hard-working couple of people, if you have any questions about me, ask me. I will gladly answer them. I have stated my name and put my reputation out there. Unlike some others.
This will be my last post acknowledging this garbage. Yeah, Scott or Zabe or NancyG or Marladawn or which ever name that you are now going by now. I am sure you really gave us your real name, and I'll be sure to mail you something to your real address too,............oh wait you have a PO BOX. :roll: As I have stated before and I will state for the last time, this is a D&D collectors site, not the zabe, nancyg, paradert4, marladawn freakshow. No one believes you no matter what nonsense you try to write. For the record WotC HAS responded on a number of occasions as a matter of fact I am not so sure that they didn't on this occasion as well, its just unfortuantely, there seems to be some many thieves right now its hard to keep up. With that I withdraw myself from further posts dealing with this nonsense and these clowns.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


** Banned **

Posts: 7
Joined: Jun 14, 2014

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:52 am 
 

I am not Zabe nor Paradert, but it seems conveinent for you to think I am. I can understand if you have been wronged in the past by people but you are making assumptions on intuition, you never took the time to talk to Paradert-Scott Stetson or Zabe73.

  


Collector

Posts: 5
Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 18, 2005

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:52 am 
 

I never put a p.o. box on this site.  Why don't you pay attention to what anyone is saying.

I am hereby daring you to present a forum where we and some witnesses can go to show ourselves in an open and safe forum.  This is not a threat, I don't wish to do anyone any harm.  I simply want you to stop attacking me.  This is still America and we have the right to be confronted by our accusers.

  


** Banned **

Posts: 7
Joined: Jun 14, 2014

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:58 am 
 

Sound's good to me, we all may actually like each other and get in some gaming.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:02 am 
 

paradert4 wrote:I never put a p.o. box on this site. Why don't you pay attention to what anyone is saying.

I am hereby daring you to present a forum where we and some witnesses can go to show ourselves in an open and safe forum. This is not a threat, I don't wish to do anyone any harm. I simply want you to stop attacking me. This is still America and we have the right to be confronted by our accusers.

A point of fact. Yes, you probably are in America, but this forum is not an American court at law nor is this site even close to being exclusive to Americans. 8O What conceit you Americans have!! Assuming that only Americans could do this web stuff…. :roll: :roll:

Furthermore, you have no rights here.... other than those given to you by the web site administrator that is.... 8O 8O

And before you say it. No, I am not American too.

I am a Texan first, last, and always..... Through and through.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:05 am 
 

And the admin could check the address on all these accounts.
Maybe they all come from one place?


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:08 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:What conceit you Americans have!! Assuming that only Americans could do this web stuff…. :roll: :roll:


Amen Aneoth.  It's comments like that one that gives us other americans a bad name, and then we suffer the grief from offended fellow members from other countries.

Whether you are correct or not paradert4, you are verifiably conceited and american-centric.  Won't win you friends and allies.


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


** Banned **

Posts: 7
Joined: Jun 14, 2014

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:39 am 
 

whaat does it matter if this site originated in America or not. The people accused are. Yes, this isn't a court but Scott/Paradert offered an olive branch to meet and provide explanation and possible reconciliation between parties. No one here is picking it up in good faith. There surely are members in Southern California. It just seems easier for everyone to condemn then to resolve and that is really unfortunate. If the admin fulfills your request and ping IP's you will see we are not the same. I'm done here too, probably won't be back, which again is too bad this looks like it could have been a cool site to check out. I wish you all the good will Zabe extended to you in his last post (I'm not being sarcastic). Maybe someday, someone will take up Paradert on his offer.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:41 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:And before you say it. No, I am not American too.
I am a Texan first, last, and always..... Through and through.


I wouldn't believe what you said...had I not had several very good Texan friends. :D


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Collector

Posts: 5
Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 18, 2005

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:21 am 
 

You are correct that this site does not exist only in America, and I apologize for any offense.  I only meant my business functioned in America and that is where the damage is being done.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5645
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:54 am 
 

There's no question ParaDope was shilling. whether or not it is the same person.
Goetz! Goetz! Goetz!


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:08 am 
 

paradert4 wrote:You are correct that this site does not exist only in America, and I apologize for any offense. I only meant my business functioned in America and that is where the damage is being done.

Any damage being done through eBay is being done worldwide, to the whole collectors community. If someone were so disposed, and wished to prosecute you, they could do so from practically anywhere in the world. It is hust a matter of how agreived they felt and how much money they had.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:58 am 
 

well look, at the end of the day, nobody particularly had a problem with Zabe73 personally. If he had sold his stuff as is, ie. DMG on its own, then that would have been fine. The fact that he was selling it with a "free" CD full of goodies, that were infringing copyright was another matter entirely. If it wasnt such a biggie, why was it advertised in a subtitle of the item being auctioned? AND then going into detail with regards to whats on the CD. is it not then the fact that you are actually selling the CD in all its wonder and you get the auctioned item with it? thats what it actually sounded like to me tbh, but hey there ya go.

i got nothing personal against any of these ppl, whether they are the same person or different persons. just the fact that they are selling something that is illegal and thats all there is to it.

whether there was shilling going on or not, is another matter entirely.

of course, the way to resolve the problem in a whole, would be for them ALL to turn up at a con and meet one of the acaeum guys, with full ID of course etc and then there would be no doubt at all? and then if the acaeum guys were wrong, they would fight in their favour with regards to that issue, but of course, you could always have fake ID's produced too :D

to me, it just seems strange that you would buy a load of stuff off someone local (to save money and make more money selling), yet you never see any of it actually being sold?

whoever is right or not, Zabe73 shouldnt have been selling his CD and thats that.



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:05 am 
 

oh yeah and i almost forgot, whenever you download something that is "free", normally there is some form of disclaimer, which will generally amount to "it is free so long as it is for your own use, you can not sell it on and profit from another persons work". unless the item is public domain that states you can sell it on and do whatever you want, the material will always remain the property of whomever the copyright belongs to.

most places tend to allow you to make a "backup copy" for your own use/purposes, but it is actually very rare that they would actually allow you to use it for your own commercial purposes. i cannot believe for one second that WoTC or any of the other downloadable electronic media sites would allow you to either....

maybe i am wrong, but i still find it hard to believe.

on second thoughts, i am actually going to e-mail each of them i have saved in my favorites and see what they say. there is no better way of getting info imo, than from the horses mouth, so to speak!

Al



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:20 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:well look, at the end of the day, nobody particularly had a problem with Zabe73 personally. If he had sold his stuff as is, ie. DMG on its own, then that would have been fine. The fact that he was selling it with a "free" CD full of goodies, that were infringing copyright was another matter entirely. If it wasnt such a biggie, why was it advertised in a subtitle of the item being auctioned? AND then going into detail with regards to whats on the CD. is it not then the fact that you are actually selling the CD in all its wonder and you get the auctioned item with it? thats what it actually sounded like to me tbh, but hey there ya go.

i got nothing personal against any of these ppl, whether they are the same person or different persons. just the fact that they are selling something that is illegal and thats all there is to it.

whether there was shilling going on or not, is another matter entirely.

of course, the way to resolve the problem in a whole, would be for them ALL to turn up at a con and meet one of the acaeum guys, with full ID of course etc and then there would be no doubt at all? and then if the acaeum guys were wrong, they would fight in their favour with regards to that issue, but of course, you could always have fake ID's produced too :D

to me, it just seems strange that you would buy a load of stuff off someone local (to save money and make more money selling), yet you never see any of it actually being sold?

whoever is right or not, Zabe73 shouldnt have been selling his CD and thats that.

I think the funniest part of this thing is the facts are clearly on the table that both shilling and and copyright infringement have clealry occured and they are still trying to be convince me that they did nothing wrong. Also "Zabe73" makes an appearance and basically says he doesn't even know this niccolofriedrich guy and that it is ridiculous what he is saying. Here are the final facts. Fact #1) I don't care if its 1 person or 4 people. All have lied, stolen and shilled. Fact #2) Apparently I did make a mistake last night in saying that paradert4 posted his PO BOX, when it was actually niccolofreidrich(this is of course if they are even different people) but after trying to argue with 5 different user ids, I think one mistake and about 50 good proven points is a pretty good percentage. :wink: Fact #3) I dont care who they are, so trying to convince me otherwise is a utter waste of time, because I do not assosciate with their likes. Finally, Fact #4) Paradert4=No longer a registered user and zabe73=no longer a registered user. That is that. Doesn't matter who you are or where you reside, END OF DISCUSSION


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5645
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:01 am 
 

Wacked!
So the points are as follows:

1. Shilling and copyright infringement occurred.
2. The issue was first addressed via e-mail, then by use of shill accounts after warnings had failed.
3. A seller is shut down. This is NOT the result of a few infringing items, we all know eBay licks sellers' balls. It is becuase the user ID was either flase, or they DID find shilling to be the case. Even then, a warning would have been issued. So there was something seriously wrong with Babe73 and ParaDope's accounts.
4. eBay will not investigate the accounts used to shill an illegal auction. Doing so would expose them to media attention and possible legal action that they are not willing to deal with.
5. Zabe/Para/Nancy/whoever the fuck it is, tipped their hand with so many users registering with the Acaeum AND posting successive replies within minutes of each other. I am sure if Scott checks the logs, he would find Zabe logging out and Nancypants logging in, etc.
6. Don't fuck with the best, which is what we are. We have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and hours collecting, and we will protect those collections by any means necessary.

Just be glad we leashed the Dragon on this one, eh Purp?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 100123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 9899100