Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 111123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:00 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 26146&rd=1

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:02 am 

eBay listings

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:10 am 

morgansurname wrote: eBay listings

Oops!! :oops: I just took a BIN from him about a week ago and never noticed the free CD

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

He seemed like an pretty nice guy though, cut shipping cost in half and sent it media mail at my request, probaby doesn't even realize he is doing anything ILLEGAL. I think his auction descriptions probably bear that out as evidence. He is clearly not the brightest bulb :idea: in the batch. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:01 pm 

So when you get it, find out exactly what's on it, then toss it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:36 pm 

Then tell us, so he can be shilled.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:40 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Then tell us, so he can be shilled.

Oh, don't let me stand in your way on that. Shill away. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:12 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Then tell us, so he can be shilled.

Ok, I finally have to ask, what does it mean to "Shill"?  I've seen it used here often, and I'm drawing a blank.  :cry:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:48 pm 

We can't tell you, Ike. If we did, we'd have to kill you.

Ah what the hell. Shilling in this case means winning the auction with a fake account. I believe.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:01 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:We can't tell you, Ike. If we did, we'd have to kill you.

Ah what the hell. Shilling in this case means winning the auction with a fake account. I believe.

*nods* - for confirmation, go find maxwell. he has all the inside info that would ever need to know about shilling i believe....

:P

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:14 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Ok, I finally have to ask, what does it mean to "Shill"? I've seen it used here often, and I'm drawing a blank. :cry:

Hey Ike, the true definition of a shill is a Fake Bid. Typically, sellers are the ones who shill the most, by creating a fake Ebay handle and using it drive up the prices on their own auctions. :evil: But in some circumstances as Deadlord stated, you have copyright infringement superheroes :wink: that swoop in and shill a sellers auction and win it(with absolutely no intention of paying for it) with a fake user Id to prevent the seller from selling an illegal item. This winning and subsequent non-paying is typically followed up with the ceramonial NEGATIVE FEEDBACK to the seller. :lol: This is sometimes necessary because EBay has a tendency to play the don't ask don't tell policy with copyright infringers. :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:03 am 

Breaking news....

Word on the grapevine is a vigilanty wacker who collects CDs bought a stack of them from a guy on eBay. He discovered they were illegal PDFs before having paid for them, and left appropriate negative feedback.

The seller reported the items as unpaid and eBay placed unpaid item strikes on his record, and told him to desist his activities as wacking would get him banned.

Mr wacker vigilanty appealled on the grounds that if eBay were going to force him to proceed with the purchase, they were obliging him to break the law in order to maintain a clean eBay record, and that perhaps if eBay did not offer illegal material on its sites, dressed up to look like legitimate software, innocent buyers such as himself would not find themselves being asked by eBay to break the law.

EBay subsequently removed the unpaid item strikes and said 'thank-you for highlighting these fraudulent activities'.

Gentlemen. It looks like Mr vigilanty wacker has been given the green light to continue his search for legitimate PDFs by buying up all the CDs he can find (and not paying for them until they have been authenticated). :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:oh man this is just not on!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 64904&rd=1

facsimile copies?! what the hell is that all about??!!

this one is in Ralf territory :)

The problem that I have with that auction is not that it is a fake, as I am pretty confident that it is not. Now, whether or not you will actually receive it after you pay for it is a completely different story. Check out the sellers payment instructions:
Ãœberweisung (wire transfer) Bargeld bei Ãœbergabe (Cash) Bargeld per Postweg (nur Ausland) Cash via mail (forreign bidders only)

In other words the seller only accepts irreversible wire transfers and cash. 8O

Not only are those payment options against EBays rules to be listed as the only means of payment, but both are completely untrackable and irreversible :evil:. That to me is SHADY as hell!!! I would not be bidding on that even if it was for only $1.

This seller is one of Germany's best and has been selling RPGs for a long time. Buy with confidence.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:47 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:This seller is one of Germany's best and has been selling RPGs for a long time. Buy with confidence.

cheers Ralf, thats what i like to hear! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:44 am 

mbassoc, where did you come by this info?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:03 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:mbassoc, where did you come by this info?

Deadlord. I'm not taking about the original and best 'Wackaman', but one of his followers. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hey Ike, the true definition of a shill is a Fake Bid. Typically, sellers are the ones who shill the most, by creating a fake Ebay handle and using it drive up the prices on their own auctions. :evil: But in some circumstances as Deadlord stated, you have copyright infringement superheroes :wink: that swoop in and shill a sellers auction and win it(with absolutely no intention of paying for it) with a fake user Id to prevent the seller from selling an illegal item. This winning and subsequent non-paying is typically followed up with the ceramonial NEGATIVE FEEDBACK to the seller. :lol: This is sometimes necessary because EBay has a tendency to play the don't ask don't tell policy with copyright infringers. :evil:

Thanks BC, kinda what I suspected, but had to hear to have my ego soothed.  :P

I love the idea, get the copyright fudgenuts where it counts, in the $$. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:36 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:oh man this is just not on!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 64904&rd=1

facsimile copies?! what the hell is that all about??!!

Badly chosen word to use with copyright violation hunters around!

Is genuine enough, I suspect...

Helps to have that box. Not exactly that easy (or worthwhile) to fake.

(Far easier just to churn out dodgy L3s, no? ;))

Remember this? Silver box in Germany

Well, I won the auction for 30 euros - and I'll let you know when (and if) the package arrives what I'll find within  :? it will be like an Easter Egg

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:16 am 

rosenkav wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Badly chosen word to use with copyright violation hunters around!

Is genuine enough, I suspect...

Helps to have that box. Not exactly that easy (or worthwhile) to fake.

(Far easier just to churn out dodgy L3s, no? ;))

Remember this? Silver box in Germany

Well, I won the auction for 30 euros - and I'll let you know when (and if) the package arrives what I'll find within :? it will be like an Easter Egg

awwww feck i forgot about this one - was gonna bid at the end and totally forgot all about it.... *sigh* oh well ne'mind :)

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 111123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 109110111