Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 111123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:33 pm 

LOL! ignorance is bliss :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:05 am 

oh man this is just not on!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 64904&rd=1

facsimile copies?! what the hell is that all about??!!

this one is in Ralf territory :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:07 am 

killjoy32 wrote:oh man this is just not on!

Badly chosen word to use with copyright violation hunters around!

Is genuine enough, I suspect...

Helps to have that box. Not exactly that easy (or worthwhile) to fake.

(Far easier just to churn out dodgy L3s, no? ;))

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:00 am 

harami2000 wrote:

Badly chosen word to use with copyright violation hunters around!

Is genuine enough, I suspect...

Helps to have that box. Not exactly that easy (or worthwhile) to fake.

(Far easier just to churn out dodgy L3s, no? ;))

thing is tho, if youre as impulsive as i am sometimes *sigh* you would wade in there to bid without looking and its only afterwards you would spot the "facsimile"....thats what really pi**es me off with these things  :evil:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:29 am 

this one is in Ralf territory :)

The problem that I have with that auction is not that it is a fake, as I am pretty confident that it is not. Now, whether or not you will actually receive it after you pay for it is a completely different story. Check out the sellers payment instructions:
Ãœberweisung (wire transfer) Bargeld bei Ãœbergabe (Cash) Bargeld per Postweg (nur Ausland) Cash via mail (forreign bidders only)

In other words the seller only accepts irreversible wire transfers and cash. 8O

Not only are those payment options against EBays rules to be listed as the only means of payment, but both are completely untrackable and irreversible :evil:. That to me is SHADY as hell!!! I would not be bidding on that even if it was for only $1.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:49 am 

The guy says the pack is all genuine and pristine TSR, and the text he used was taken from the back of the box. If someone owns a copy of the silver anniversary box, we could control.

And I'm bidding on that :wink: (I've said I'm an optimist)

If he doesn't deliver, well, I'll release on him the Dreaded Curse of Toth  :twisted:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:12 am 

rosenkav wrote:The guy says the pack is all genuine and pristine TSR, and the text he used was taken from the back of the box. If someone owns a copy of the silver anniversary box, we could control.

And I'm bidding on that :wink: (I've said I'm an optimist)

If he doesn't deliver, well, I'll release on him the Dreaded Curse of Toth :twisted:

I own one, and it does in fact say facsimilies, which means the item itself is most likely real.  I still would be very, very, very cautious based on the sellers payment options.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:16 am 

Thanks for the info, bclarkie. Still that guy has a 100% rating with over a thousand auctions done.

I'd say TSR itself used a bad wording in tha back of that box, tho. I'd have used "replicas".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:49 am 

Oh, and look who is back for more copyright infringing fun :evil:.  Looks like 22 negs is not enough to discourge this one. I am sure somebody will happily oblige more if that is what he wants. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:27 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, and look who is back for more copyright infringing fun :evil:. Looks like 22 negs is not enough to discourge this one. I am sure somebody will happily oblige more if that is what he wants. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LOL you evil evil little man! :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:38 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, and look who is back for more copyright infringing fun :evil:. Looks like 22 negs is not enough to discourge this one. I am sure somebody will happily oblige more if that is what he wants. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oops!! :oops:  Helps if I add the link to the auction huh?!

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:13 pm 

I love reading negative feedback.  Who needs reality TV?  :lol:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:42 pm 

ewww

eBay listings

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Oops!! :oops: Helps if I add the link to the auction huh?!

It looks as if he changed his wording in order to try to avoid the copyright police, as he added something about OGL compliance to it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:06 pm 

Traveller wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Oops!! :oops: Helps if I add the link to the auction huh?!

It looks as if he changed his wording in order to try to avoid the copyright police, as he added something about OGL compliance to it.

If the CD does not contain PDF files of copyrighted materials, but merely copies of netbooks and other such documents that are already in the public domain and provided as shareware, then he isn't doing anything illegal.

But then if he says 'This CD does not contain any copyrighted PDFs' I don't imagine he'd get many sales either.

Try selling a CD containing '600 megs of sh*t I wrote with my buddies and stuff I found on other peoples websites'.  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:16 pm 

more

eBay listings

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:42 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
If the CD does not contain PDF files of copyrighted materials, but merely copies of netbooks and other such documents that are already in the public domain and provided as shareware, then he isn't doing anything illegal.

But then if he says 'This CD does not contain any copyrighted PDFs' I don't imagine he'd get many sales either.

Try selling a CD containing '600 megs of sh*t I wrote with my buddies and stuff I found on other peoples websites'. :lol:

Unless I am completely off about the copyright laws, it is still illegal to sell someone else's intellectual property for a profit. The names "freeware" and "shareware" indicate the software is to be free or if shared it is to be paid for. I pretty sure that unless he is the creator of the freeware/shareware that he can charge for it and have it be legal, unless he has signed and paid for a licencing agreement with the owner of the software he is selling. Otherwise it is illegal.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:32 am 

bclarkie wrote:Unless I am completely off about the copyright laws, it is still illegal to sell someone else's intellectual property for a profit. The names "freeware" and "shareware" indicate the software is to be free or if shared it is to be paid for. I pretty sure that unless he is the creator of the freeware/shareware that he can charge for it and have it be legal, unless he has signed and paid for a licencing agreement with the owner of the software he is selling. Otherwise it is illegal.

No. You are absolutely right. If it were me, I'd say that the cost at auction was purely for the value of the CD and the time to put the CD together and burn it. Our newsagents are full of 2 & 4 page magazines/leaflets with DVDs cramed pack with shareware and freeware and time limeted demos. The latest one in Scotland is 'Burn It', all the CD and DVD authoring freeware you could ever want.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 111123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 109110111