Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 111123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 109110111
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 am 

Im just trying to make a dollar, also any works put onto a cd automatically become mine to do with what I want. also loook at this guy

eBay Feedback Profile for glynsu

he is the whole reason i started on ebay, he has never had a listing removed , can anyone tell me why he can do it but I cant?

onlinepromaster

Last edited by onlinepromaster on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 am 

With such a high level of intelligence shown, it just about sums the moron up...  :lol:

Prize of 'Twat of the Year' goes to.....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:00 am 

onlinepromaster wrote:Im just trying to make a dollar, also any works put onto a cd automatically become mine to do with what I want. also loook at this guy

he is the whole reason i started on ebay, he has never had a listing removed , can anyone tell me why he can do it but I cant?

onlinepromaster

To give you a more polite reply. Your listings do constitute breach of copyright. In posting them you do risk prosecution by the companies / authors with rights to the books.

These days there is a vast amount of publication piracy, so there are probably more cases of piracy than the authorities concerned can manage. However, to say 'he can do it, why can't I' is the same as saying 'he stole a book from that store, why can't I'

As with all piracy (books, videos, music), lots and lots of people are doing it, but law enforcement occasionally has stings, in other words it takes a random bunch of people and prosecutes them - and the fines are enormous.

I think you posted here asking for explanation and advice so deserve a fair answer.  To the best of my knowledge, your e-book collection sales are illegal and you would be advised to look for other ways to makes some money. There are lots of possibilities on Ebay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:26 am 

onlinepromaster wrote:Im just trying to make a dollar, also any works put onto a cd automatically become mine to do with what I want. also loook at this guy

onlinepromaster

:lol:

Not for long.

Also, the publishers of these books tend to disagree with both of your "assessments" of the situation and were very thankful of my emails to them.

Have fun kids.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 am 

sorry Hermit, the original post was all about calling us fagg*ts and swearing. My mistake for not quoting the post in mine! Maybe Foul can check the edit log and confirm this.
Seriously this guy is a nasty piece of work and knew what he was doing, take my word for it. I'll check my laptop history tomorrow and find the page and cookie

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:39 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Seriously this guy is a nasty piece of work and knew what he was doing, take my word for it.

I missed the original version but I think this sums up his thoughs:

onlinepromaster wrote:also any works put onto a cd automatically become mine to do with what I want.

Clearly has no respect for anyone else's rights.  I reported his auctions.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:13 pm 

I already took my DnD listing down when one of you msged me via ebay msg system, sorry I didnt realize the DnD community was so hardcore.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:16 pm 

onlinepromaster wrote:I already took my DnD listing down when one of you msged me via ebay msg system, sorry I didnt realize the DnD community was so hardcore.

Hardcore?  Bullshit.

You want to make some money?  How about earning it yourself, rather than stealing someone else hard work to do it.

Also, you have more problems now than with just the D&D community.

I've emailed several of the publishers of the material that you have pirated letting them know of your piracy.  They have in turn thanked me and have forwarded the information to their legal departments to deal with.

The UK moron too.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:21 pm 

jesus christ, like you are all such fucking saints. Only pedophiles play dnd past age 13 anyways,  fucking chomos.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:22 pm 

once all my auctions end im not putting anything else up, so if some "legal department" wants to spend thousands so get 3 dollars out of me then i say GO AHEAD.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm 

onlinepromaster wrote:jesus christ, like you are all such fucking saints. Only pedophiles play dnd past age 13 anyways,  fucking chomos.

There you go guys, he is back on form... I rest my case!  :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 pm 

onlinepromaster wrote:jesus christ, like you are all such fucking saints. Only pedophiles play dnd past age 13 anyways,  fucking chomos.

onlinepromaster wrote:once all my auctions end im not putting anything else up, so if some "legal department" wants to spend thousands so get 3 dollars out of me then i say GO AHEAD.

Saved for posterity.

Oh and as to your first post, physician heal thyself.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 pm 

haha, at least I wasn't alone this time bc!  8)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:30 pm 

onlinepromaster wrote:once all my auctions end im not putting anything else up, so if some "legal department" wants to spend thousands so get 3 dollars out of me then i say GO AHEAD.

You don't get sued for the amount of money you made, you get sued for the amount of money the company lost.  For example, if the average price per book is $10 then your auction for 537 Ebooks would bring a suit of $5370 per copy that they can confirm you sold.

In the case of the DnD books, you should check out the recent million dollar lawsuits Wizards of the Coast have filed against a number of individuals who were giving their books away for free.

Last edited by Mars on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:30 pm 

yeah im not going anywhere.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm 

onlinepromaster wrote:yeah im not going anywhere.

What are you talking about Chris Fadel?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm 

onlinepromaster wrote:fucking chomos.

What's a chomo?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:32 pm 

The works on this disc(s) are owned by me, the seller, In accordance with trading standards and policy of recordable media, I claim ownership and rights to this and I am legally authorised to replicate the content without permission or licensing.     K thx plx pwnt

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 111123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 109110111