Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 99 of 111123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:05 pm 

bujoojoo wrote:Anyone see this already? Appears to be photocopies of char sheets

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0355714820

Those looked just like the ones I played with back in the 80s... which I copied myself.  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:58 pm 

Busman wrote:
Those looked just like the ones I played with back in the 80s... which I copied myself.  :lol:

The fact that there are 70 indicates photocopies. I do not think those sheets came in white either. But my knowledge of all the varioius character sheets can be lacking at times.

Regardless, those sheets are available on ebay all the time for next to nothing. I have at least five or six partially used books that came in various lot purchases. They will never sell, anyway.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
The fact that there are 70 indicates photocopies. I do not think those sheets came in white either. But my knowledge of all the varioius character sheets can be lacking at times.

Regardless, those sheets are available on ebay all the time for next to nothing. I have at least five or six partially used books that came in various lot purchases. They will never sell, anyway.

The only kind of character sheets I ever buy are useds ones. I love finding home campaign material, DMs logs, character sheets etc... but the only kind I ever used in my games were blank notebooks instead of the pre-made form types.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:14 pm 

Busman wrote:

These sheets never came in white.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:54 pm 

TheMilford wrote:
These sheets never came in white.

Yes, I know. I had white ones because I created the photocopies from my original goldenrod ones.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:25 pm 

Is anyone here an "ioffer" member?  I can't report items because I am not a member.

Here's one example of copyright infringement of TSR items:

. . . http://www.ioffer.com/i/AD-D-1469-Items ... s-86214611

And a lot of other pirated deals are to be found:

. . . http://www.ioffer.com/i/5-000-PS1-N64-S ... C-95374077

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Is anyone here an "ioffer" member?  I can't report items because I am not a member.

Here's one example of copyright infringement of TSR items:

. . . http://www.ioffer.com/i/AD-D-1469-Items ... s-86214611

And a lot of other pirated deals are to be found:

. . . http://www.ioffer.com/i/5-000-PS1-N64-S ... C-95374077

Pretty much that seller's whole inventory is pirated stuff!  I sent an email to them via their "contact us" page.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:47 am 

I didn't realize the two items from iOffer were two different sellers - a quick look around the site and it appears to be a haven for pirates.  Virtually the entire DVD section consists of sellers hawking copied stuff on DVD-Rs.  One guy selling the (yet to be released in theatres) Wolverine movie says "Get it now before it is removed!"  Other common disclaimers include "All DVDs shipped in paper sleeves," and "Extremely rare DVD format plays in all regions."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:04 am 

Funny thing is, not a single D&D item there that isn't already available free online at the end of a decent Google search.  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:17 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote:I didn't realize the two items from iOffer were two different sellers - a quick look around the site and it appears to be a haven for pirates.  Virtually the entire DVD section consists of sellers hawking copied stuff on DVD-Rs.  One guy selling the (yet to be released in theatres) Wolverine movie says "Get it now before it is removed!"  Other common disclaimers include "All DVDs shipped in paper sleeves," and "Extremely rare DVD format plays in all regions."

Yes, the DVD selection is interesting, to say the least.   :roll:

Whatever this "ioffer" site is, it does not give much thought about the legality of its sellers' wares.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:55 pm 

Not sure if this counts as infringement (as he might very well own a paid for copy of Queen of Spiders in .pdf) or not:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

sale includes a "free" .pdf copy of Queen of Spiders.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:sale includes a "free" .pdf copy of Queen of Spiders.

So what is the Queen of Spiders in the picture?  A printout?  Not included?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:12 am 

It looks like a printed copy in a poly bad to me.  Having not read any of the documentation that would come with .pdf purchases I don't know (but I would have to question) how legal it would be to sell printed copies of the file.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:34 am 

No rights to resell or distribute either paper copies or the PDF. The only person who can take action is the copyright holder. And copyright violation is not a criminal matter, so there is no authority that obliges anyone to take any action whatsoever. Copyright violation is a civil matter. EBay don't even have to remove the item from sale. It's up the WoTC to sue the seller in the civil courts. EBay will tend to respond to a complaint from the copyright holder though, so they do take these things semi-seriously. That said, WoTC don't give a shit most of the time. They only got pissed recently because they figured some guy was trying to hamper them flogging their horse carcass. at least they have someone to blame whae this version sales don't make it. They can blame it on copyright theft.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:35 am 

The seller clearly states he is adding a copy of Spiders for FREE.
That is Not a copyright violation.
A single copy for personal use is allowed under copyright laws (in most cases) for this type of item.

The place where the seller got the PDF from MAY be in violation of the laws though.

Plus like dot said, Wotco is not likely to give a crap about this one.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:18 pm 

Giving the paper printout away free and/or the PDF is the breach of copyright. The PDF was available for purchase from most ESD resellers up until WoTC withdrew their licensing. Even though I have bought the PDF quite legally, and am allowed to print it out for my own use, I am not permitted to give either the PDF away, or the printout. That seems to be what this guy is doing.

All this is moot, as WotC no doubt are completely ignorant of the situation, do not have the decision making ability to act in time to stop the sale, and do not have any interest in defending TSR's IP. Let's face it, every single TSR product ever printed is available for free download off the internet. I doubt there is a TSR product I have not yet managed to locate in PDF form from somewhere.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:54 pm 

yep, I've only failed to find the most bizarre items so far, or non~TSR items...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:53 pm 

For what it's worth, the seller responded and states that it's a printed copy of the file with the maps.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 99 of 111123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 109110111