Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 111123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:50 pm 

JZavoda wrote:
On a side note what was the English show that All in the Family was based on? (Was it Rising Damp?)

I always thought All in the family was heavy left-wing propaganda  myself, but that's just me.

Another show that wouldn't work in the USA would be 'House of Cards" three British TV movies, I think that was the title. It's done from the villains point of view with cool asides to the audience. The first two are excellent and the third seems to have been made to PC the series because the villain was way to succesful. Can't have the bad guy win.

The English series was called "Till Death Do Us Part". From what I understand from reading about it, it was a little rougher and darker than even the American version.

There's no doubt Meathead and Gloria's POV is often presented as the "rational" pov to Archie's rantings.  But there are quite a few episodes where Michael Stivik's left wing leanings are made fun of, or he's shown to be a hypocrite.  Just off the top of my head, he protests his wife Gloria working (even though he's supposedly a huge women's lib supporter) because the MAN is the breadwinner of the family; there's the time he lets his friend live with them whose even leftier than he and Gloria are and they end up throwing him out because he's even farther left than them, then the classic episode where the black burglars hold them hostage (I think one is played by Cleavon Little) and Mike attempts to justify their criminal tendencies by saying they are poor and black and live in the ghetto, and one of the robbers sneers to him "What do YOU know about that?".  

Funny stuff, and very edgy for the time.  I also was surprised at the amount of violence in this show which I doubt sitcoms would show today in a comedy.  There is Edith's near rape, a jewish neighbor is blown up in his car outside their house by anti-semitics, and in one episode Mike and his transvestite friend are stabbed by muggers, killing the friend, who had actually been on a few episodes (going by memory here, I haven't seen reruns in years). Imagine someone trying to rape Ray Romano's mom in Everyone Loves Raymond, or the Friend's cast having to confront the fact a gay friend is beaten to death outside their apartment, or one of Charlie Sheen's girlfriends drowning on the beach in an episode of Two and a Half Men.  Never would happen.

I'll have to catch House of Cards...looks really cool from the bits and pieces I've seen.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:20 am 

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chainmail-3rd-ed-TSR-rul ... dZViewItem

All of his items seem to be in very nice condition.
The seller also placed an ad in the Acaeum Classifieds, but some folks here may not look at the classified ads.

He started his listing VERY high on the Chainmail (TOO high IMO)
100 (USD+/-)  seems too high to me for this book.
It is a Nice looking 3rd Chainmail (Dont know which printing though)

He also has a VERY NICE looking Greyhawk 8th print and a good looking 5th White Box Set with no Reference/Errata sheets.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:05 am 

Aneoth wrote:cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chainmail-3rd-ed-TSR-rul ... dZViewItem

All of his items seem to be in very nice condition.
The seller also placed an ad in the Acaeum Classifieds, but some folks here may not look at the classified ads.

He started his listing VERY high on the Chainmail (TOO high IMO)
100 (USD+/-)  seems too high to me for this book.
It is a Nice looking 3rd Chainmail (Dont know which printing though)

He also has a VERY NICE looking Greyhawk 8th print and a good looking 5th White Box Set with no Reference/Errata sheets.

so anny...er...how is he infringing copyright?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:25 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
so anny...er...how is he infringing copyright?

wrong thread man. :oops:
sorry......

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:38 pm 

Being new to the forum, I wasnt around for much of the posts in the thread, and all the old links are dead.  

Im curious as to what are the most common violation of copyright infringements?  discs full of scanned books?  scans of old and out of print books and mods?  ever see fake books or anything like that?  if someone were selling a new T shirt with the vintage TSR logo is that copyright infringement?

The thought of policing EBAY for WOC is a bit odd, I think.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:59 pm 

Pennfarms wrote:Being new to the forum, I wasnt around for much of the posts in the thread, and all the old links are dead.  

Im curious as to what are the most common violation of copyright infringements?  discs full of scanned books?  scans of old and out of print books and mods?  ever see fake books or anything like that?  if someone were selling a new T shirt with the vintage TSR logo is that copyright infringement?

The thought of policing EBAY for WOC is a bit odd, I think.

Generally it's DVDs/CDs full of scanned books.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:33 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Is this a PDF-style compilation? If so, I'll buy it up and report it as counterfeit.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:42 pm 

I am selling my DATASETS for the software programs PCGEN and ETOOLS.  I purchased them legally and am selling all interest in them now that I am moving to 4th edition.    I have the original receipts and software for this program that will be shipped to the buyer of record.

The DATASETS are NOT PDF's of the books and Deadlord39 if you have any additional questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

I will not be selling multiple copies on EBAY after this auction.   This is a one shot chance to purchase the datasets that CODE MONKEY PUBLISHING can no longer sell.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:00 pm 

A few people have asked if these are PDF's.   They are not.  

These DATASETS were created by CODE MONKEY PUBLISHING and LICENSED by WOTC officially.   They allowed no open sourced books (see above list) to have datasets created for them to allow software character creation programs to utilize that material LEGALLY.   Code Monkey lost the license to sell datasets last year I believe and they have given final notice that no more updates will be made for the PCGEN and ETOOLS datasets as of NOVEMBER 2008.  

It is unlikely that another update for teh ETOOLS datasets will occur.   PCGEN is currently up to version 5.13 I believe.  The PCGEN datasets only work to 5.12 (You can still donwload) .   They or some third party are working on a script to allow them to run in version 5.13 of PCGEN.  Code Monkey might or Might not update these datasets before the end.  

In either case these datasets allow you to create characters / monsters / NPC's etc using the material from these books legally.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:01 pm 

eh?

looks like blatant copyright infringement to me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:32 pm 

I'm selling software that I purchased.  I am legally and rightfully entitled to.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:35 pm 

stephenf wrote:I'm selling software that I purchased.  I am legally and rightfully entitled to.

Not if the software is illeagal to begin with.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:57 pm 

hi, you should be aware that there are some jerks at The Acaeum about to give you a hard time. about348-1660.html Jul-06-08
A:   Why, I'm releasing all rights to the datasets to the new owner. These aren't PDF's.

So, anyone want to fess up to being the whining P-wuss?  :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:01 pm 

stephenf wrote:I'm selling software that I purchased.  I am legally and rightfully entitled to.

If you go to the Code Monkey website and read the about what you bought, I don't think you have the right to resell the items you purchased from them.  In fact, you do not even have the right to share any datasets you create yourself.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:02 pm 

Badmike wrote:So, anyone want to fess up to being the whining P-wuss?.

Radovarl?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:28 pm 

Per recent court decisions, it is legal to resell legally purchased copies of software.  I undertstand you may argue that the datasets are not software, but I would argue that due to their being encoded specifically for a certain software package, they could be considered part of that software in and of themselves.

BTW, one of the recent court decisions involved Autodesk getting spanked for interfering in the resale of AutoCAD on EBay.  Either way, it's unlikely Ebay would remove the auction.

And just to clarifiy: IANAL, just a systems administrator.

ICQ YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:30 pm 

Wow, just saw the auction was removed.  Never mind.

ICQ YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:08 pm 

wel er whatever. you can argue all you want about it - it is still using material that doesnt belong to whoever the source was that coded it or whatever he/she did.

so its as simple as that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 111123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 109110111