Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:10 pm 

I reported him a couple hours after Mars made his first post.

Somedays I wonder if eBay really cares about these things.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 pm 

This guy is making a living off of downloaded stuff:

eBay listings

Here's hims Marvel Super Heroes auctions:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Is there a way to contact Ebay to let them know he has over 300 illegal auctions?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:24 pm 

We have it right in our own forum

viewtopic.php?t=6834

8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:25 pm 

You absolutely have to love our newest Classifeds post:

viewtopic.php?p=105480#10548

:evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:45 pm 

Please ban:

"Just as a matter of research, would anyone be interested in buying a collection of TSR AD&D / D&D products in PDF format? My collection spans to a little more than 850 items (about 4 DVDs full), and if so, what would people be willing to pay for it?

Its taken a hell of a long time to assemble and catalogue this.

And no, it doesn't include ST1. Let me know what you think with a PM."

That's just willful cluelessness. Idiot.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm 

Oh, I sent him a PM to tell him what I thought.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:17 pm 

I have to admit that considering the purpose of his post, he selected an appropriate user name!  :lol:

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 pm 

It's got to be a wind up

:)

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:53 pm 

We must all be on our toes since April 1st will soon be upon us.  :wink:

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:11 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:We must all be on our toes since April 1st will soon be upon us.  :wink:

HA i will be in morocco killing myself on stage 2 at that time, so i will miss all the fun - damn :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:16 pm 

Just to clear this up once and for all, here's the replies I sent to bclarkie.

"Thanks for the tip, but if you notice, I wasn't actually offering any illegal products for sale. At no time on the advert did I say "does anyone ACTUALLY want to buy what I've got". I asked if anyone was INTERESTED in buying and what it would be worth, just as a matter of research (If you notice, the message starts with JUST AS A MATTER OF RESEARCH)."

and

"You obviously didn't read it well enough. "Interested in buying" doesn't constitute an actual offer of sale. As I said, It was purely a theoretical excercise to see if a: the collection actually had a saleability and b: if it did, what kind of a value it would carry.

Its not an unnatural thing to merely be interested in the potential worth of something. The best way seemed to be to get other people's opinions on it. Speculating as to the worth of something and asking for input doesn't mean going out and offering it for sale.

I'm also aware of the illegality of owning copies of something you don't own or purchase legally. Can you see where in the post it says "illegal copies", because I can't. You've automatically just ASSUMED that these items are illegal copies."

Anyway. I've removed the post as it seemed to be causing so much controversy. FYI i've never sold an illegal item in my life, nor do I intend to start now. It was an excercise in curiosity of worth, nothing more, irrespective of the fact that an actual sale would be illegal. Sorry if it caused any offense but as I said, its retracted now anyway. And apologies to bclarkie if the mails seemed a little snipe-y. Was just a bit peeved about being misunderstood.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:20 pm 

if they are not the original item and you have copies of such and you do not hold the copyright, then they are copies and its illegal to sell them.

sorry but :

My collection spans to a little more than 850 items (about 4 DVDs full), and if so, what would people be willing to pay for it?

says to me, that these are items YOU are collating for others to have. you would clearly duplicate the DVDs, so they are not original, as well as the material already not being original.... and you are asking what people are prepared to pay, so once you know value, you WILL sell them, which is also illegal.

sorry chummer, but there isnt any way around it.

simple as....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:31 pm 

Why Mr. Weasel sir!
You sound like you would make a fine rules lawyer!
(hint: that's not a compliment)

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:32 pm 

weasel28 wrote:Just to clear this up once and for all, here's the replies I sent to bclarkie.

"Thanks for the tip, but if you notice, I wasn't actually offering any illegal products for sale. At no time on the advert did I say "does anyone ACTUALLY want to buy what I've got". I asked if anyone was INTERESTED in buying and what it would be worth, just as a matter of research (If you notice, the message starts with JUST AS A MATTER OF RESEARCH)."

and

"You obviously didn't read it well enough. "Interested in buying" doesn't constitute an actual offer of sale. As I said, It was purely a theoretical excercise to see if a: the collection actually had a saleability and b: if it did, what kind of a value it would carry.

Its not an unnatural thing to merely be interested in the potential worth of something. The best way seemed to be to get other people's opinions on it. Speculating as to the worth of something and asking for input doesn't mean going out and offering it for sale.

I'm also aware of the illegality of owning copies of something you don't own or purchase legally. Can you see where in the post it says "illegal copies", because I can't. You've automatically just ASSUMED that these items are illegal copies."

Anyway. I've removed the post as it seemed to be causing so much controversy. FYI i've never sold an illegal item in my life, nor do I intend to start now. It was an excercise in curiosity of worth, nothing more, irrespective of the fact that an actual sale would be illegal. Sorry if it caused any offense but as I said, its retracted now anyway. And apologies to bclarkie if the mails seemed a little snipe-y. Was just a bit peeved about being misunderstood.

You realize that you answered your very own question here right?  Since you are claiming that you are not looking to sell them and as you have acknowledged that it would be illegal to do so if you would, this renders them valueless.   The only way that they would have any value would be if you sold them which you have already acknoledged as being illegal and you were claiming not looking to do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:35 pm 

weasel28 wrote:Was just a bit peeved about being misunderstood.

And your law degree is from where again ... ?

Stating the perfectly obvious: the end use of these items is of no relevance. The bottom line is that you have no right to sell or distribute copies of those items. None. For any reason whatsoever. They are copyrighted; you are not the copyright holder.

Clear enough for you?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:18 pm 

weasel28 wrote:Its not an unnatural thing to merely be interested in the potential worth of something. The best way seemed to be to get other people's opinions on it. Speculating as to the worth of something and asking for input doesn't mean going out and offering it for sale.

"Appraisal" is probably the best forum to ask questions about value. "Classified" is for stuff that's for sale. Hence it is easy to see why many people were "confused."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:24 pm 

This is not selling of copyrighted materials but it's definately file sharing gone bad.

4shared.com/network/search.jsp?sortType ... mp;start=0

(1473 total) shared documents with just d&d in the titles.

I reported some of it but does anyone know how to get this stuff off their site.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:26 pm 

Malakai wrote:This is not selling of copyrighted materials but it's definately file sharing gone bad.

4shared.com/network/search.jsp?sortType ... mp;start=0

(1473 total) shared documents with just d&d in the titles.

I reported some of it but does anyone know how to get this stuff off their site.

if you're worried about file sharing, i think your time might be better spent writing a cancel-bot in alt.rpg.xxxxxx, e-books are everywhere.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111