Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 111123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:46 am 

bclarkie wrote:
I did as well, bit for some reason Ebay has gone back into thier cave with this stuff. :evil:  I have reported a good 10 auction over the last several days of obvious illegal listings and none have been removed.

cool, nice to know peeps are still onto it then. i am just really annoyed with that auction as it went for a pretty wedge of cash. would have been interesting to see how it would have fared without the additional "goodies".

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:44 am 

Well, I tried the route of getting WotC to back a lawsuit, and it failed. What I would be willing to look into next is a possible class-action against eBay brought by members here as a group. If we base it on lost sales due to illegal material being posted, I would think we have a case. People like Breach and Badmike would be great candidates, but realistically, the more people who would be willing to claim potential lost sales would help.
If there is any interest, PM me and I'll start a list, then talk to the guys in legal.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I did as well, bit for some reason Ebay has gone back into thier cave with this stuff. :evil:  I have reported a good 10 auction over the last several days of obvious illegal listings and none have been removed.

I'd guess that means Ebay has more pressing, atleast from their point of view, concerns.  Assuming Ebay has a staff of people looking into auction abuse, there's probably some other type of abuse running rampant or perhaps they're under legal action, or threat thereof, by some other copyright/trademark holder.  

By comparision, I'm involved in the operation of one of the larger online dating websites.  Normally all of our abuse queues are cleared out within 24 hours of a complaint coming in.  When we were hit by an explosion of credit card fraud last year we had our abuse people spend most of their time checking the billing transactions.  They didn't have much time to respond to complaints of dirty words in profiles or people calling each other names so those sorts of complaints sat in the queue for several days.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:30 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Well, I tried the route of getting WotC to back a lawsuit, and it failed. What I would be willing to look into next is a possible class-action against eBay brought by members here as a group. If we base it on lost sales due to illegal material being posted, I would think we have a case. People like Breach and Badmike would be great candidates, but realistically, the more people who would be willing to claim potential lost sales would help.
If there is any interest, PM me and I'll start a list, then talk to the guys in legal.

An interesting approach but I don't think it would work.  Since WotC is aware of the rampant copyright infringement taking place on Ebay their lack of action could be construed as tacit authorization of the copies being sold on Ebay or at the very least a sign they're not interested in defending the copyright.  Obviously, a reseller couldn't sue WotC for lost sales if WotC flooded the market with free downloads from their website. This implies that a reseller has no legal expectation of the saleabiltiy (is that a word) of an item (barring an agreement between the reseller and WotC).   I don't see how a reseller could argue that since the copyright holder is aware of the infringement and declined to take action, the right to enforce the copyright passes to the reseller.  

Also I think you'd have to be able to prove that the copies being offered for sale are not authorized and the only parties that can do that would be the defandant and WotC.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:07 pm 

You make me seriously consider compiling my collection and offering it as a CD on eBay.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:59 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:You make me seriously consider compiling my collection and offering it as a CD on eBay.

DVD, Frank? ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:22 am 

faro wrote:DVD, Frank? ;)

multiple DVDs :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:26 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:You make me seriously consider compiling my collection and offering it as a CD on eBay.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  

Burglary could be profitable as well.  Assuming you only do it occasionally, never take anything of high value and don't make your identity obvious, the police probably won't put a whole lot of effort in to tracking you down.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:47 am 

Hey, here's a thought: If I burn my collection to DVD, and add naked pictures of my wife, maybe I could generate more interest! I could just directly market them to that hammerhead who buys wife pics, I suppose.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:18 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Hey, here's a thought: If I burn my collection to DVD, and add naked pictures of my wife, maybe I could generate more interest! I could just directly market them to that hammerhead who buys wife pics, I suppose.

Have your wife PM me.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:42 am 

No no, can't do that. She's too naive; she'd just give the pics out for free.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:17 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:No no, can't do that. She's too naive; she'd just give the pics out for free.

LOL   :lol:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:33 pm 

Here is another one (already reported them):

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:08 pm 

Me too.  Let's just keep bombing Ebay with these types of complaints.  We have to score enough hits in the long run to make this type of listing unprofitable.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:59 am 

Oh look who it is:

Its our old friend beerdrick who is back pettling his illegal wares. It seems this guy just wont give up until he gets fukin sued by WotC.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:48 am 

Looks like someone bought one of them and bid on the other.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:53 am 

Reported both.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:01 pm 

As did I.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 111123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 109110111