Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:57 pm 

Alright, I am now 100% convinced.  This guy has to at least suffer from downs syndrome or something:

eBay Feedback Profile for fdp_florist

BAND?! :roll:  :roll:   :roll:  Geez Frank which band exactly do you play in?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:07 pm 

I started in a cover band, then graduated to a VERY heavy band called Gillyis Thunderhead. I don't recall ever playing for Fraud, though.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:11 pm 

How amusing. If you try to leave negative feedback as a new user, eGay makes you walk through a freaking tutorial!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:21 am 

I didn't have to do a tutorial a year ago.  Maybe they've had so many new bidders posting negative feedback instead of communicating that they've had to put in a teaching portion just to train the morons.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:43 am 

ooo now this one is very naughty!!!

picked it up cos it was a judges guild item with "missing maps" but go to the link and you can download them from there :)

AHA! but there is a fee!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :B:SS:UK:1

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:00 am 

killjoy32 wrote:ooo now this one is very naughty!!!

picked it up cos it was a judges guild item with "missing maps" but go to the link and you can download them from there :)

AHA! but there is a fee!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :B:SS:UK:1

Seen that, guess he thinks not having the maps yet posting a site to download them from will sell his auction better - sad.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:09 am 

well its not that though....did you see the site itself? feckin ell man, he is selling some stuff on there!

really annoys me when i see things like that. its THERE for everyone in the world to see - yet nobody does anything.

unreal man.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:19 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well its not that though....did you see the site itself? feckin ell man, he is selling some stuff on there!

really annoys me when i see things like that. its THERE for everyone in the world to see - yet nobody does anything.

unreal man.

Only looked at the Judges Guild part and seen the charge of $5. I've read the rest of the site and yep, its another seller using a way to get around the legal issue: 'The intention of these downloads are to provide a high resolution (500DPI) digital copy for owners of the original publications and in no way seeks to challenge the original copyright of the authors and or publishers.'

So this should be against Ebay policy right, trying to sell stuff off Ebay, but using it to do so?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:10 am 

Plaag wrote:'The intention of these downloads are to provide a high resolution (500DPI) digital copy for owners of the original publications and in no way seeks to challenge the original copyright of the authors and or publishers.'

That's still illegal, despite the disclaimer.  Nice touch, though.

Generally, it's illegal to distribute copyrighted material without permission.  It is legal to create additional copies for personal use, but technically you can't get someone else to do it for you.  Making money off doing so is definitely illegal.*

* In most countries.  Your mileage may vary.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:12 am 

Reported to eBay, their ISP and PayPal...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:10 am 

faro wrote:

thanks david, i reported them too. more the merrier i guess....imo that one is worse than the usual run of muppets that crop up.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:46 pm 

faro wrote:

Feeling like a slouch.....all I did was report it to eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:13 pm 

Good luck with the online PDF store.

He's the guy who manufactures and sells the Ares Magazine and Universe  Archive. I've known about him for almost five years now. He has always had his online PDF store, and he's not been shut doen yet.

WoTC know about him too. His business doesn't seem to make that much money, 'cos very few people know about him. But he's deffinately been online since 2001.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:20 pm 

Marlith wrote:
faro wrote:

Feeling like a slouch.....all I did was report it to eBay

Well, that's the eBay listing gone. Relisted on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8830654450 without the link to their site.

With any luck they'll get their eBay user ID suspended next time.

===
edit: Well, I've gone for the kill, off the back of the above.

=> eBay: Redirect

User ID hu11114 still has links to their own website SELLING copyright-violating items ( 404 Not Found -  iiNet Australia ).
Link is present on almost every one of their current auctions; eBay listings .

Thank you for cancelling their previous auction 8830155701 - now relisted on 8830654450 without the offending link.

Regards,
David. (harami2000)

Anyone else joining in?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:15 am 

i've e-mailed e-abay again with the new item no.

Al

***edit***

and i followed your link and e-mailed the ISP too.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:55 am 

I leave this one to you guys, who are the experts at getting these guys shut down:

"Classic module"

This "Classic module"...is a friggin' photocopy of Q1.  Even shows a picture of it!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:36 am 

DungeonDelver wrote:I leave this one to you guys, who are the experts at getting these guys shut down:

"Classic module"

This "Classic module"...is a friggin' photocopy of Q1.  Even shows a picture of it!

I understand the staunch "no tolerance" attitude that many adopt, but to me, this one isn't as bad.  What do I mean?

Probably, this was photocopied years ago, possibly for personal use, possibly not.  It definitely wasn't specifically photocopied/PDFed for sale and profit.  It really does seem like a genuine "throw in" that the seller probably should have just trashed/kept to themselves.  

Go after him if you want, but try to be polite.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I understand the staunch "no tolerance" attitude that many adopt, but to me, this one isn't as bad.  What do I mean?

Probably, this was photocopied years ago, possibly for personal use, possibly not.  It definitely wasn't specifically photocopied/PDFed for sale and profit.  It really does seem like a genuine "throw in" that the seller probably should have just trashed/kept to themselves.  

Go after him if you want, but try to be polite.

yeah i agree. i dont think its one of them for profit situations. looks like a one-off to me.

maybe just a msg to the seller would hopefully sort it out. it might have been fine if it was added onto the auction for "free" but he doesnt quite say that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111