Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:30 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:AHA!

So if it is over $10,000, I can send it to the F.B.I.? Are you sure? If so, I'll drop the fukin hammer on this idiot.

Has been kinda stated to be the threshold below which they'll take no interest... Sorry, I don't have a definitive quote on that, but if you could get the seller to confirm they are 'genuine, original goods, suitable for resale', I think they'll be getting themselves into very deep water.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.  

The seller has a yahoo profile with his photo on it...

Yahoo! Profiles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:06 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
What's that growing on his lip?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:21 pm 

The reply:

It is an original DVD made by me with all the FREE adobe files from the books.
It has been created and compiled by myself and made as such product of invention. This material was not copied directly from anything on ANY market that you can find. Once again, a COMPILATION OF FREE separate EXISTING files to the public, placed CONVENIENTLY on one DVD for personal use in gaming. This is meant for reference ONLY.
It is nothing like copying movies or games, copyright material prevents duplication.

What an idiot. I can't wait to sink the dagger in.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:27 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:It is nothing like copying movies or games, copyright material prevents duplication.

Sounds like a sucker there...

Wonder why they're charging so much per copy, if the contents are meant to be 'public domain'. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:30 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:It is nothing like copying movies or games, copyright material prevents duplication.

What an idiot. I can't wait to sink the dagger in.

class :)

copyright material prevents duplication LOL.

so the face that most ppl copy DVDs by one for or another, makes that ok does it cos they are not stopped by the copyright on the material. what was he expecting? a nice big sign to appear in the copying process, saying "you cant copy that. its copyrighted" .... bloody muppet... :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:35 pm 

I am constantly amazed at the number of BD's out there. Not that I'm complaining, I've been having a blast since I started this. I'm surely the only one here who has won a $50,000 auction.
If I can manage to get the FBI involved, I'll hit up every media outlet I can, assuming they don't mind.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:37 pm 

Does anyone happen to know how I go about submitting to the FBI? I did it last year with that snapperhead who sent the threats, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I think the info got saved into one of the brain cells that I sacrificed to Jack Daniels recently.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:44 pm 

Reply #2:

A PDF file is a sofware program made readable with Adobe Reader format for any windows computer system. It is NOT found in text BOOKS.

Did you know that bidding on ebay is legal binding contract? It warns you with every screen which you must confirm. The amount you have bid up to, is considered a felony in all U.S. states. Does this justify the bogus bidding amount and non payment actions you've taken?

And my response:

It seems it is indeed a felony, but only from a copyright infringement standpoint. If I pay for these, I am comitting a crime under U.S. copyright law. PDF's can be included in a sale, but must be accompanied by the original material. The same law covers backup movie copies. If you sell the original movie, the backup must either be destroyed or accompany the original. Even selling copies of the Character Generator CD found in the back of the 3.0 Players Handbook is illegal.
I can't afford to go to jail for buying illegal material, so before we complete the transaction, I have to be sure it is legitimate.
Let's do this. I'll check with eBay and the FBI, just to make sure no copyrights are being violated. I'll e-mail you the results.

I'm giddy with excitement.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:04 pm 

Latest e-mail:

I understand your concerns...
But items like this are rampant all over the net and markets worldwide. A question of legality usually ends up with the product being ordered not to be distributed anymore after there are issues such as these. We in fact HAVE been informed of this by ebay authorities. It is not your place or job to do this, is it? Ebay pays their own researchers every day for such actions.
Questions about the legality should have been addressed before bidding on such a bogus amount. This is specifically outlined in ebays terms of service. Once you bid, it is a contract for you to hold your end of the bargain by paying for these items. What we think of this is that, all our stock was being bid/buy it now by you so that other people would not have a chance to acquire this merchandise. But not particularly the right course of ACTION. If this is the way you view it, two wrongs do not make a right in this case. It is only your job to find the items you desire and make sure you pay for them, just like everyone else.

We will be waiting to hear from you.

Oh, look, he just admitted he knowingly committed a crime. How fortunate.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:10 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:A question of legality usually ends up with the product being ordered not to be distributed anymore after there are issues such as these. We in fact HAVE been informed of this by ebay authorities.

You can buy them, but you're not allowed to resell?
And that was clearly stated on their auctions??

Gee... why ever did they let you buy so many copies if that's the case in their legal mumbo-jumbo-land, Frank... :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:13 pm 

As someone (Mark S.?) mentioned recently, the best part about these leeches is their staggering ability to justify ANYTHING. Stealing, duplicating, distributing ... none of it matters if you can talk yourself into believing that what you are doing is somehow okay. The logic-pretzels that these fools tie themselves up in are truly something to behold.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:35 pm 

Your 'out', Frank, is that under no policy from eBay, or under no judgement that will ever be made by a court, can they force you to commit a crime. And by buying these CDs you will be commiting a crime. I would go along the lines of you thought you were buying a legitimate authorised lisenced product. They were a bargain, so you snapped them all up before anyone else did. But you were cautious and checked their authenticity before paying, and at this point the seller confirmed that he was selling you stolen property.

That's a police matter now.

Dear Mr Seller,

I am alarmed to find that you have tried to sell me $50,000 worth of stolen pirated goods. I have reported this to my local police, and in view of the volume of this fraud, I am reporting this to my local FBI field office.

Understandably, I do not wish to be party to any federal offence, and cannot complete the transaction.....

:D  :lol:

Make sure you request the guys contact details from eBay. If they are real, you make it easier for the police. If they are fake, you make it easier to prove he intended to commit a crime.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:49 pm 

(Sounds good, Ian! :D)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:18 pm 

How do I request his info? I got this from the auction invoice:

dennis armstrong
chesterville, OH 43317 United States

Moron can't even use capitals.
I'm going to call the FBI office tomorrow. I have the number for the Massachusetts office. New Hampshire doesn't rate an office, I guess. What I intend to do is set up a contact there (if possible) to whom I can forward information on ALL the PDF sellers, past, present and future. If I can create enough of a stir, I'm hoping media outlets might pick up on it. If it got a splash article on something like Yahoo news, or cross fingers) CNN, I guarantee that not only would the infringement rate drop through the floor, but also eBay would be pressured to start policing its own house.
I'm not much for the crusader role, but this is actually kind of fun. Plus, I might learn something along the way.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:53 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:How do I request his info? I got this from the auction invoice:

dennis armstrong

Moron can't even use capitals.
I'm going to call the FBI office tomorrow. I have the number for the Massachusetts office. New Hampshire doesn't rate an office, I guess. What I intend to do is set up a contact there (if possible) to whom I can forward information on ALL the PDF sellers, past, present and future. If I can create enough of a stir, I'm hoping media outlets might pick up on it. If it got a splash article on something like Yahoo news, or cross fingers) CNN, I guarantee that not only would the infringement rate drop through the floor, but also eBay would be pressured to start policing its own house.
I'm not much for the crusader role, but this is actually kind of fun. Plus, I might learn something along the way.

This is too funny. :lol:   Frank you can attempt to get his info here, but I am not sure if will work now because EBay has deleted all the auctions and so the item number is probably going to show up as no good.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:57 pm 

I also find to extremely amusing that EBay has even eliminated the auction due to the fact that it is illegal and yet he is still trying to force you to pay for them. What a joke.  Maybe you should ask him if he trying to use this auction pay to have that huge space between his teeth fixed. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:from the auction invoice:

dennis armstrong

Hmm... no Dennis in the public white pages entries on Yahoo.

Could just 'ask for Dennis' and see who you get?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111