Some questions about auctions in general
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:49 am 

This is the last time I will say it:

I DON"T CARE!

NOT AT ALL!

NOT ONE BIT!

That doesn't mean I condone it. I just don't frigging care. I never said "It is easy to spot, so, oh well", I just said it is easy to spot. I also did not "gloat" about the 3rd boxed set, I just posted that I was the one who got it, and NOT by circumventing the rules. I already explained that I asked the guy if he had a Buy it Now price, and he named it.

And PD, I hope for your sake that is not a threat.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:36 am 

Now answer me this: Suppose you ask a friend to bid $X on your auction. Is it shill bidding? ...

From Ebay site:

Shill Bidding

It's not permitted to use secondary User IDs or other eBay members to artificially raise the level of bidding and/or price of an item.

Shill bidding undermines trust in our community and is not permitted on eBay. In addition, shill bidding is considered a felony with severe consequences.

Duh.   :roll:

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:05 pm 

Yup, it's against eBay policy. OK, I change my vote. It is wrong to shill bid.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:25 pm 

Frank, why would I make a threat? Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you I am a friendly and easy going guy.   :D

I just though it might be fun to get together and chew the fat with a fellow collector. Ya know, get together and talk about D&D and life in general...heck you can even bring ydiduwrite with you  :wink:

Of course you did not know that shill bidding was a felony, did you?

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts indeed.

-PD

Previous