Private Sales and Sellers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 78123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 767778
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:07 pm 

Big thanks to the Invincible Overlord for a great packing job and a better-than-described condition PS Uncaged: Faces of Sigil!
Now...does anyone have a Great Modron March they'd like to sell?  :D

If you believe that ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS is a game worth playing, you will certainly find it doubly so if you play well.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:02 pm 

A huge thanks to Ian (mbassoc2003) as I received my two pairs of Olidammara dice today. Thanks again for a very pleasant transaction.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:01 pm 

Not really a private sale, but i couldn't find the "good Ebayers" thread. During the Christmas season I was making so many purchases on Ebay that I somehoe thought I had received an item that I hadn't (a srinkwrapped module). Anyway, I have multiples of some items so when I checked my boxes I found a copy of the shrinkwrapped module. Even though I didn't remember getting it in the mail I figured I must have, so I left positive feedback.

A few weeks later I was contacted by the seller who apologized profusely about somehow forgetting to ship/mislocating the package and so forth. Turns out my memory was right, I hadn't received the module. The seller had already received pos feedback from me, the absentminded buyer  :?  and he sent it anyway.

Anyway....thanks for being a stand-up guy Zenfinite :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:02 pm 

double post :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:16 pm 

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to Invincible Overlord for the Chainmail and the Swords & Spells he put up for sale.

They arrived nicely packed yesterday on my desk. :)

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:26 pm 

A package arrived for me this afternoon.

The Arduin Adventure with 2 Arduin Character Sheets (Blank).
First Print Boot Hill in NM Condition.
Includes the loose folded map (NM) and the attached perforated charts sheet in the back, both of which are more often than not… missing (Especially the loose map).

It was a trade deal that I made with someone that most folks said would rip you off.... at the time that person was using the Acaeum member ID Unicorn.
That person has been banned from this forum recently and when that happened I hesitated to make a trade after reviewing what others stated about this situation.
Without going into too much detail; after multiple E-Mails back and forth Unicorn and I eventually struck a deal that I felt comfortable with.

I also will not say that I know exactly who this person is, or who many folks feel that this person is; based on their detailed research and thought processes.
I will leave that to others who are far savvier about such things than I am.

One thing I will say is that I am very happy with this trade and I am very glad that I took a chance… once again.
(I took a chance with the person called Cougar about a year ago too).

Even though I try not to take bad risks and try to protect myself, I remain an optimist about my fellow human beings.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:02 pm 

While I am glad that your transaction with Unicorn went off without a hitch, you should remember that the person that went by several different aliases over the last ten years or thereabouts has a pretty standard modus operandi.  Most people that bought items from him were usually happy with their purchases at first.  It was only after a few hundred transactions that the train started to derail and stuff began "getting lost" in the mail.

There is no way I can say for sure that Unicorn is James Corvin or an alias of the same person.  I just have to trust Foul's judgment on the matter, which in this case I definitely do (IP address tracing and all that).  But I for one also felt the same as bombadil did.  Something just didnt seem right about his "online mannerisms".  Not to mention his prolific use of underscores and exclamation marks such as he did here:

CROOKS_ARE_US!!!

Wasnt this his trademark?  :lol:

He actually PM'ed me an offer on a copy of a 1st print Iron Wind.  I politely declined due to someone else, who I do trust, already offering me one.  But even if he hadnt I still would have declined.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:05 am 

Many thanks to benjoshua for a sweet NTRPG Con PoVQ, and a sweet little bonus item.

Well packaged to boot!

Thanks!  :D

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 am 

bombadil wrote:Many thanks to benjoshua for a sweet NTRPG Con PoVQ, and a sweet little bonus item.

Well packaged to boot!

Thanks!  :D

My pleasure!   Glad it arrived safe.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 am 

Thanks to Nmilty for a great package full of stuff :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 pm 

I was foolish enough to wait on purchasing the S&W White Box boxed set and found myself on the outside wanting in. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased what was to be a 2011 print edition boxed set last month, right before John Adams at Brave Halfling Publishing made the announcement that he would no longer be selling the White Box boxed set. Needless to say, I was very disheartened.

I contacted John to see if there was any way I could get a boxed set. John was kind enough to offer what he had left (November 2010 edition). Well, that parcel disappeared in transit and is for all intents and purposes lost (or now in the private collection of a USPS employee with impeccable taste). John sent a replacement 3rd edition boxed set, including the two additional Christmas edition 2010 modules/adventures, which I received today.

The boxed set is awesome! Thank you so much to John for hooking me up with my copy. It is greatly appreciated, and will be a treasured part of my collection.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:29 pm 

Preemptive thank you to Mr. Mars for allowing me to get a few things, especially Ysgarth. Finally can take that one off the never-shrinking list.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 am 

Many thanks to TollHouseGolem for going out of his way to get me my long awaited Player Packs in all their shrinkwrapped glory!

Now to make room on the shelves for a proper display.

On to the next Quest!

Phaedran

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 pm 

Huzzah to NMilty for a great transaction as well!  Products as described, well packed and shipped quickly.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:48 am 

Good to see that the bulk of my collection had gone to a good home, arriving safely now! Thanks to xRalphx for paying so quickly (and taking the heavy postage charge on the chin) as I posted before receiving payment :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:29 pm 

And thank you Dave for a solid packing job and some very nice additions to my collection!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 pm 

Thanks to Mars for an unbelievably well-packed box of goodies.  I love when two trade lists come together.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:10 pm 

A special thank you to davidc for Skeletor!

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 78123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 767778