Private Sales and Sellers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 78123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 767778
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:02 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:Thanks to ashmire13 for acting as middle-man in UK only ebay auction.  Then when he received the poorly packed item, he bagged, boarded, and made bullet-proof the package he sent to me.  Way above and beyond.

:D  Glad its landed safely!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:15 am 

Another thanks to Ashmire.  I bought an item from him advertised on here.  he was great to deal with.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:35 am 

Sardan wrote:Another thanks to Ashmire.  I bought an item from him advertised on here.  he was great to deal with.

:D   No problem, just hope I can find those damn minis!   :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm 

To reflect the boxes they arrived in... a Large thanks to Mars for the stuff he sent and I received. Danke y merci.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:38 am 

Thanks to astenon for a great deal and perfect packaging.  :D

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:21 am 

My pleasure, Dave! :) I'm glad you like the stuff!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 am 

My thanks to BadMike for doing me a good favor.
Yet again. 8)

Thank you Mike.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:24 am 

Another shout-out to Badmike for the package that just arrived on my workdesk.

Everything was perfect especially the quality of the DA1 and DA2 modules.

Thank you very much Mike!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 pm 

Thanks mbassoc2003 for being patient with me on the purchase of items from both eBay auctions and private purchase.  The packages arrived intact and the contents are undamaged.  No small feat when shipping overseas!

Now if we could find a away to fix the damn cost of shipping overseas everything would be perfect!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:32 pm 

eeek... pardon my poor manners and thanks for the reminder, I also owe an overdue Thank You to mbassoc for a wonderful assortment of wierd & wonderful goodies... fair prices, quick shipment, safely packed... an altogether good transaction - Thanks Ian :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:28 am 

Two modules arrived today from Bill Barsh...perfect condition...very nice.

Thank you, Bill!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:58 pm 

Don't want to dominate this page.... but Seany deserves a shout out & thank-you for a pleasing package of Polys... Thank you Sir!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 am 

rhynne wrote:Another shout-out to Badmike for the package that just arrived on my workdesk.

Everything was perfect especially the quality of the DA1 and DA2 modules.

Thank you very much Mike!

Anyone thinking of shipping to Hong Kong....don't be afraid!  All my packages to Rhynne have arrived quickly and in good shape!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:41 pm 

Big thanks to Flyingmelon for a good deal on a bunch of stuff!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:08 pm 

We are setteling my son's estate that he left to us. There are boxed sets,some never opened.Also  magazines( Dungeon #35 May/June 1992 ,and Dragons magiznes starting with issue#78 Oct. 1983 to issue #219 July 1995). There are books of forgotten realms, and many single game books. We would be grateful for any helpin valuing and/or selling these things.thank you, [email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:23 pm 

flagman wrote:We are setteling my son's estate that he left to us. There are boxed sets,some never opened.Also  magazines( Dungeon #35 May/June 1992 ,and Dragons magiznes starting with issue#78 Oct. 1983 to issue #219 July 1995). There are books of forgotten realms, and many single game books. We would be grateful for any helpin valuing and/or selling these things.thank you, [email protected]

My condolences.

When selling your gaming items, beware of people who are too eager to buy them.  At the same time, do not expect lots of money, either.  Detailed descriptions are good, and pictures are better.

Without specific product names and conditions, these are rough guesses.  Assuming the boxed sets and books are for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons or 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons:
  • Unopened boxed sets = cover price to 2x cover price
  • Opened boxed sets = 1/2 cover price to cover price
  • Dungeon 35, Dragons 78+ = perhaps $1 apiece
  • TSR fiction books  = $1-$2, complete series sell well
  • AD&D game books = $5 - $20 apiece

Dice, metal miniatures, and other miscellaneous gaming products can also bring in some amount of money.

A graphical display of Dungeons & Dragons products is here:

. . . http://www.tsrinfo.net/archive/index.htm

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:20 pm 

flagman wrote:We are setteling my son's estate that he left to us. There are boxed sets,some never opened.Also  magazines( Dungeon #35 May/June 1992 ,and Dragons magiznes starting with issue#78 Oct. 1983 to issue #219 July 1995). There are books of forgotten realms, and many single game books. We would be grateful for any helpin valuing and/or selling these things.thank you, [email protected]

My condolences as well.

You have already received some excellent advice. I would add the following.  I recommend selling the box sets, especially if unopened, individually.  Modules likewise, especially if they are unopened or excellent condition, sell them separately.  

The Dragon Magazines I would sell all in one lot, especially all issues after issue #50.  Issues between numbers 35 and 50 you could sell in bunches of 5 issues, and prior to 35 you should sell individually.  

Dungeon Magazine is different (if you have any of these).  I'd sell all issues individually, especially if they are in excellent shape.  If they are in used but O.K. shape, I'd sell them in lots of five to ten issues with runs of issue numbers preferable.

The hardback books depend on what printing it is and what volume it is.  There is a guide on this website on how to tell the difference, but if you need help, don't hesitate to ask, but pictures of the items in question really help us help you.  If they are in obviously used condition, I'd probably sell them all together.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of selling things individually, there are people on this site, and other places, who buy large lots of items and re-sell them, but your profit isn't as large.  I would guess you would probably get a better offer from people on this site than you could a brick and mortar dealer.  

Even just lumping these items into four or five lots on eBay would yield significantly better results than one huge lot.  eBay has its risks, but if you have some experience selling, go strictly domestic, block some of the more devious sellers we gossip about on this site, and use Delivery Confirmation, you should be fine.

We wish you the best.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 pm 

As an aside, packing and shipping your items is a whole 'nother topic.  This is the wrong thread, but I'll chime in anyway.

(1) Delivery Confirmation is $0.80.  Get it so everyone stays honest and the package stays trackable.

(2) Books can be sent Media Mail for a cost of about $3 - $5 apiece.

(3) Old magazines can arguably be sent Media Mail because they are collectibles.  Stricly speaking, no magazine can be sent Media Mail.  As an alternative, magazines can be packed well and sent in a Medium Flat-Rate Priority Box for $10.80 or thereabouts.

(4) Boxed sets can be sent Parcel Post for around $9 or in a Medium Flat-Rate Box for $10.80.

(5) When packing and shipping your items, remember that your packages will go through the US Postal System.  Your package may be stepped on, dropped, crushed, or otherwise abused.  One of the workers at my local post office throws my packages from a distance of ten feet into the mail bin.  And I regularly receive packages and envelopes with smashed corners.  So . . . pack well to avoid surprising your buyer with damaged goods.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 78123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 767778