Private Sales and Sellers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 78123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 767778
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am 

Joan - my only complaint is that you could've slipped me the orange-cover B3 instead of the green!   :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 am 

Thanks to DBartman for buying the mat from me.

Thanks to Ian (MBassoc) for his items too. Ian, if packing was an Olympic sport you'd win Gold every time! They arrived today and in perfect condition! :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:53 pm 

Keep the extruded corners. You can use them to stop boxed sets getting crushed in transit.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm 

I have had several transactions with Ian.
Packing aint a problem for him at all.   :lol:

And I have gotten some SWEET deals from him too....

mbassoc2003 wrote:Keep the extruded corners. You can use them to stop boxed sets getting crushed in transit.

What is an extruded corner? :?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm 

Well, I went to my FLGS and purchased a box sitting in the corner of Dragon Magazines.

I got 46 issues for $20, although none of them is a high-value classic.  They ranged from #82 to #247.  According to the Acaeum, they range in value from $4 to $12.

I don't know much about Dragon, but the one they put the highest value on was #132 (apparently the last installment of Wormy) - at $12.

Anyway - not exactly a plethora of riches, but I think it's a fair deal and it is a good way to get re-introduced to Dragon, which I haven't read at all for years.

George

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote:According to the Acaeum, they range in value from $4 to $12.

I wouldn't put much confidence in the Acaeum valuations of Dargon magazines.  Pretty much anything in the 60-273 range is probably worth about 50 cents to $1.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 pm 

Yup.

As Mars said:
For later Dragons, unless a collector is looking for JUST that specific Issue to fill a hole and it is MINT, then those listed prices are sort of a list and hope price for sellers.
Happens every day though.
And then again, those same issues might stick on a stores 30 day revoltion for months before being sold to that one collector...

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:54 pm 

This is a pre-thanks to Mars for keeping me in mind when stuff arrives, and always being nice on the prices and shipping rates.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 pm 

Mars wrote:
I wouldn't put much confidence in the Acaeum valuations of Dargon magazines.  Pretty much anything in the 60-273 range is probably worth about 50 cents to $1.

That's good to know.  To be honest, I'm still very happy with the purchase.  I just like collecting these kind of things.  I don't do it for the profit.

Thanks, though.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 pm 

serleran wrote:This is a pre-thanks to Mars for keeping me in mind when stuff arrives, and always being nice on the prices and shipping rates.

Ok... me too.. pre thanks for sorting out all sorts of goodies I don't yet know I want :)

Seriously, thanks Mark for arranging all kinds of complicated over-seas stuff that would have only worried my better-half and made my mind ache... cheers :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote:Anyway - not exactly a plethora of riches, but I think it's a fair deal and it is a good way to get re-introduced to Dragon, which I haven't read at all for years.

That's a great deal, regardless of what Acaeum or eBay prices are.  Dragon magazines are more fun to read than Dragon PDFs.

*thumbs up*

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:16 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:That's a great deal, regardless of what Acaeum or eBay prices are.  Dragon magazines are more fun to read than Dragon PDFs.

*thumbs up*

Agreed.  Lots of good stuff to read through and look at.  I would rather have the magazines than PDFs.  Finding them local is the way to go - avoid the shipping.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:51 am 

I'm not sure where else to list this, but this thread seemed good.

I'm planning to visit the USA later this year, so I may be able to take some items with me- but not too many(!)- to post within the country... for example, my Imagine magazines. That may be of interest to some of you!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:40 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:What is an extruded corner? :?

It's a preformed rigid cardboard corner, about 40x40mm, manufactured from wet pulped cardboard, extruded through a mould, and then wrapped in a brown paper skin. It comes in lengths and you can cut them gown to whatever size you need. I cut off little lengths and stick them on the corners of boxed sets and wrap them into place with clingfilm. If the box is in ant way compressed, or the contents of the boxed set are shaken, there is no wat the corners will be dinged, dented or torn, and if your shipping multiple items, you can stack them one on top of the other, and the clingfilm and corners will keep everything nice and tight.

It's a boxed set thing. With hardbacks and other books I then to go for cardboard and correctly sized boxes.

That reminds me. I need to sort out your package and get it mailed.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:14 am 

And here endeth todays lesson on Olympic standard packaging!  :wink:

Certainly not all ebay sellers manage anything like what you do.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 am 

I just hate buying something that looks really good in the auction and you compete against everyone and win it, and when it arrives it's in shite condition because the seller's an asshole. So I just figure everone who buys from me feels the same and doesn't want to receive stuff in crap condition. It's a no brainer really.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:53 am 

Once again, thanks to Ian for more perfect items!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It's a preformed rigid cardboard corner, about 40x40mm, manufactured from wet pulped cardboard, extruded through a mould, and then wrapped in a brown paper skin. It comes in lengths and you can cut them down to whatever size you need. I cut off little lengths and stick them on the corners of boxed sets and wrap them into place with clingfilm. If the box is in ant way compressed, or the contents of the boxed set are shaken, there is no wat the corners will be dinged, dented or torn, and if your shipping multiple items, you can stack them one on top of the other, and the clingfilm and corners will keep everything nice and tight.

It's a boxed set thing. With hardbacks and other books I then to go for cardboard and correctly sized boxes.

That reminds me. I need to sort out your package and get it mailed.

No hurries on my items...

When you get to that package for me (ONLY IF it does not increase the shipping weight too much) would you please include one of those "Extruded Corners" inside so I can use it to try to find something similar here?
It sounds like just what I have been looking for, for packing box sets and such.
In any case, I think I know what you are talking about....
I think they are similar to some heavy item packing materials that we get here.
The heavier items boxes re-inforced at the corners by use of heavier cardboard pieces at the corners and sometimes the edges (sides) too along the bottom and top.
But such an item in hand is better than a description, even a description as good as yours was above.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 78123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 767778