Private Sales and Sellers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 78123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 767778
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:28 pm 

Thanks to Zanarchist for the quick and careful shipping of the C&C white boxed set. A very cool little item.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:50 pm 

If I did not say so before, then I will say so now -- these boards are awesome. I got some stuff in the mail today from JohnGaunt with no expectation to pay for any of it -- we had been working on a deal, but I fell through because I was not at a PC in time to work out the details fully, and he was nice enough send them regardless. So, I sent him some money anyway. Ha! That doesn't even count the times I have gotten other stuff for free, just because someone didn't want it, or whatever... no other place is quite like this one, so, I wanted to say thanks to Foul for putting it together, and to those who come here. I might not be the best or most well-versed collector, or have the most amazing things in my collection, but I know a friendly place when I find one.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:34 am 

Big thanks to PaulKM for another good transaction.  Paid quickly and paypal didn't get a cent :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:58 am 

Thank you Mars for another great transaction.  Sent quickly, packaged perfectly, and the item is amazing, as usual.  8)

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:13 pm 

Question for those in the know: I'm looking for an OCE White Box set (printing not very important to me).

I found one on eBay for what will most likely be about $200 all said and done. Since $200 is a lot of money for me, could anyone let me know if Troll and Toad (eBay listings) is reliable in terms of the descriptions of their products?

Their eBay score seems great... Also, is $200 generally thought a reasonable price these days or should I wait and watch?

Thank you!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 pm 

Well, Troll & Toad .. descriptions are some times a bit off, I know I haven't been happy with anything I have purchased from them in the past (twice is all)...

$200.00 ... depends on how nice and what printing...

If you are not looking for anything but a 6th and and don't mind a bit of box wear, you can get some $100-$150 copies, or even better if they are a bit more worn.

Let me know, I have about 6 copies and I can get you some pics and work a deal... a lot less than $200.00

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:22 pm 

I can't help you on price, but:

CrossEyedMule wrote:could anyone let me know if Troll and Toad (eBay listings) is reliable in terms of the descriptions of their products?

They aren't considered that reliable (at least around here).  You'll notice that they tend to use lots of caveats in their descriptions -- "may not be", "appears to be", "may have been", etc. -- so in the end you can never tell what you're going to get.

Sometimes you get lucky and get something that's in perfect condition, other times you wonder how they ever graded it the way they did.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 pm 

g026r wrote:I can't help you on price, but:

They aren't considered that reliable (at least around here).  You'll notice that they tend to use lots of caveats in their descriptions -- "may not be", "appears to be", "may have been", etc. -- so in the end you can never tell what you're going to get.

Sometimes you get lucky and get something that's in perfect condition, other times you wonder how they ever graded it the way they did.

I know this may be taboo around here, but I have never had any problem with them. Now granted, I only buy stuff under $10 from them. Never had a problem with described condition. But I figure VG means used.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:41 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:Well, Troll & Toad .. descriptions are some times a bit off, I know I haven't been happy with anything I have purchased from them in the past (twice is all)...

My last purchase was a large softcover gamebook.  It was wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap and then inches of nothing between it and the box.  With effectively no padding, it rattled around and got some corner bumping and page bends.  Something as simple as crumpled newspaper would have minimized or prevented this.  Ah, well.

Let me know, I have about 6 copies and I can get you some pics and work a deal... a lot less than $200.00

CrossEyedMule: Doug's White Boxes are are undoubtedly in better condition and cheaper than Troll & Toad's.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:55 pm 

And, I think, there is only one printing of the OCE... but, I never know these things, so I'm probably wrong.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:01 pm 

Good point Serleran

I am thinking "white box" but OCE means 6th print actually :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:06 pm 

serleran wrote:And, I think, there is only one printing of the OCE... but, I never know these things, so I'm probably wrong.

Well, that's not entirely true.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:17 pm 

I haven't picked up my large boxes of stuff from Troll and Toad but I have been warned to expect them to not be in great shape.  Apparently my 70 pounds of books were just placed in a large box with no padding (and are loose to fly around in) and sent out by media mail.

Their customer service also rivals that of Ebay.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:28 pm 

This is a shout-out to beasterbrook for buying an item for me, without me even asking him to, and having it sent forward. Much appreciated, and dividends will be repaid. :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:32 pm 

CrossEyedMule wrote:Question for those in the know: I'm looking for an OCE White Box set (printing not very important to me).

I found one on eBay for what will most likely be about $200 all said and done. Since $200 is a lot of money for me, could anyone let me know if Troll and Toad (eBay listings) is reliable in terms of the descriptions of their products?

Their eBay score seems great... Also, is $200 generally thought a reasonable price these days or should I wait and watch?

Thank you!

You really should go with Doug there.... over T&T for certain.

(ScketreWhisp)..

PM him.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:03 pm 

Ta very much to mbassoc2003 - great stuff, great service and a genuinely special freebie thrown-in. Happy camper this end.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:47 am 

A danke for Mars regarding that nifty monster book that just arrived. Now, to decide about removing it from its shrinky cocoon, or to let it taunt me with its secret contents...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:49 am 

serleran wrote:A danke for Mars regarding that nifty monster book that just arrived. Now, to decide about removing it from its shrinky cocoon, or to let it taunt me with its secret contents...

Let it slumber peacefully within its shrinky nest.... ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 78123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 767778