Private Sales and Sellers
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:57 pm 

JUst got a load from badmike!  Everthing went very well :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:06 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:JUst got a load from badmike!  Everthing went very well :D

Ewwwwww!!! 8O  8O  8O

Okay, okay sick joke.  :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:08 pm 

Oh and I just recently worked out an awesome private deal with Mars. Transaction went down without a hitch, and the stuff was even better than I expected.  As Alan would say "Top Man!" :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:24 am 

I haven't bought a damn thing from any of you. With that being said, I look everytime you guys/girls post a "Classified". If I did see something I wanted/needed I would feel much better about getting it from you people then some complete unknown on eBay.

Do you all use the same name on eBay as here?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:06 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh and I just recently worked out an awesome private deal with Mars. Transaction went down without a hitch, and the stuff was even better than I expected.  As Alan would say "Top Man!" :D

i should have copyrighted that :D

wish i had time to do some deals :(

*stomps off muttering about feckin marathons*

:D Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:53 pm 

Just got a package from Beyondthebreach, arrived same sound and a good deal.

THanks Paul

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:05 am 

And another great one with Badmike. This time he went beyond himself. Upon my request, he purchased for me an item from an US seller who wouldn't ship overseas, and included it in the items I bought from him. Of course I covered the cost he paid for the item shipping to him, too, but such services are to be commended.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:24 am 

Which is exactly what Faro did for me. He's another rock-solid guy.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:31 pm 

guerret wrote:And another great one with Badmike. This time he went beyond himself. Upon my request, he purchased for me an item from an US seller who wouldn't ship overseas, and included it in the items I bought from him. Of course I covered the cost he paid for the item shipping to him, too, but such services are to be commended.

Thanks Cesare, it's a pleasure to deal with such a knowledgable and patient Italian buyer.  Between the French and Italians, Europe has been wiping out my stock lately  8O

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:24 pm 

Badmike wrote:
guerret wrote:And another great one with Badmike. This time he went beyond himself. Upon my request, he purchased for me an item from an US seller who wouldn't ship overseas, and included it in the items I bought from him. Of course I covered the cost he paid for the item shipping to him, too, but such services are to be commended.

Thanks Cesare, it's a pleasure to deal with such a knowledgable and patient Italian buyer.  Between the French and Italians, Europe has been wiping out my stock lately  8O

Mike B.

Wait...I didn't know you sold condoms and wine!

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:42 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Wait...I didn't know you sold condoms and wine!

Mark   8)

I hope you're not saying we're drunkards.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:35 pm 

Generally Europeans do drink alot of alcohol I think. However whilst I'd happily take other half out for a nice dinner on Saturday night and walk back to a hotel room without worrying in Paris, Rome, Copenhagen, Rome etc. I'd be more worried doing so in my home town in England.

The English do not deal with drunkeness well at all. They get violent.
The Polish seem immune to alcohol.
The French just get even more depressed and philosophical.
The Germans appear to want to sing badly and crash glasses together when drunk.
The Irish have a symbiotic relationship with alcohol. You can find sober Irishmen, but only at their own funerals.
The Swedes think drunkeness is funny. The prices in Sweden means it takes most Europeans a months wages to get drunk there so no wonder they're laughing.
The Danes enjoy their beer. And who can blame they have damn good beer.
The Italians argue alot whilst drunk. This is not unusual they argue alot when sober.
The Russians drink alot because, well, let's be honest there's not much else to do there.
The Scots drink alot. They're entire accent is based on slurring and no-one understands them when they're sober so why not get drunk because you sound it anyway?
The Spanish do get drunk from time to time. Mostly they're too busy selling bad drinks at cheap prices to northern Europeans with more money than sense. It's impossible to buy anything decent to drink from Spain. It's not that don't produce it they've just got more sense than to sell it to anyone who isn't Spanish.
The Welsh do drink but only for short periods of time. There's only so much conversation you can have in the pub about sheep and how much it rains.
The Turks drink a fair bit. Well, when Allah's not looking they do.
The Greeks like a good celebration. More people would join their celebrations with them if they actually ever got the hang of producing decent alcoholic drinks.

Apologies to any who's offended. And apologies to those who aren't. I'll try and include you next time :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:43 pm 

Truly, that was quite accurate.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:16 am 

Actually, it never occured to me that wine can make one drunk...which means either I don't drink enough wine or I don't know how much Italians can drink.   8O

I was just trying to think of a product that the French and Italians would buy up.     :lol:

Mark   8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 am 

[quote="Lewisexi"]The Irish have a symbiotic relationship with alcohol. You can find sober Irishmen, but only at their own funerals.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
How true! - Whats the difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding? One less drunk at an Irish funeral!!(Though I'm not necesarilly convinced regarding the sobriety of the deceased!)
BUT FWIW you cannot have better company to drink with than the Irish - a fine race to a man!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:00 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Actually, it never occured to me that wine can make one drunk...which means either I don't drink enough wine or I don't know how much Italians can drink.   8O

I was just trying to think of a product that the French and Italians would buy up.     :lol:

Mark   8)

Oh well, I was beginning to think that we Italians have the very nice fame of being frequent condom-users. Too bad.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:13 pm 

guerret wrote:Oh well, I was beginning to think that we Italians have the very nice fame of being frequent condom-users. Too bad.

:)  :)  :)

... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:28 pm 

I'm not sure that the French and Italians would be the world's most frequent condom-users.

Rather, I picture them more as collecting condoms for use, just in case.   :lol:

Mark   8)

PreviousNext