Private Sales and Sellers
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:17 pm 

Count me as another victim of dayecon

I unfortunately went on a business trip for 2 months, and fell out of the eBay window for a complaint when I realized I did not get anything, and negative feedback started popping up on his account.

His excuses are so blatantly false - claims that his mailbox was being robbed. Is it even possible to have USPS pick up an item that was supposedly insured?

Also refuses to provide proof of shipping and/or proof that he has made claim to USPS of lost insured mail. Tells me he is a bit busy to go through all of his files. So I asked him how he made the claim to USPS without taking out the record of his transaction and he has not answered since.

I unfortunately have to go through the "authorities" route suggested by eBay, because I noticed the problem after 64 days - 4 days too late.

Avoid the guy.

Also, le_rahib, you may need to contact the authorities on dayecon too.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:07 pm 

pherreroca wrote:Count me as another victim of dayecon

I unfortunately went on a business trip for 2 months, and fell out of the eBay window for a complaint when I realized I did not get anything, and negative feedback started popping up on his account.

His excuses are so blatantly false - claims that his mailbox was being robbed. Is it even possible to have USPS pick up an item that was supposedly insured?

Also refuses to provide proof of shipping and/or proof that he has made claim to USPS of lost insured mail. Tells me he is a bit busy to go through all of his files. So I asked him how he made the claim to USPS without taking out the record of his transaction and he has not answered since.

I unfortunately have to go through the "authorities" route suggested by eBay, because I noticed the problem after 64 days - 4 days too late.

Avoid the guy.

Also, le_rahib, you may need to contact the authorities on dayecon too.

After 30 days Ebay/Paypal are going to be useless.  However if you paid for it by Credit Card through Paypal(or some other means), you can dispute it directly through your Card company. in which case you should have at least 90 days from the purchase date(and in some circumstances more) to dispute the transaction and charge it back to Paypal.   This will then force Paypal to go after the seller themselves and it will be pretty be much out of your hands(assuming that the seller dayecon can't prove that they delivered the items in question to you.  If dayecon can prove it, then PP will just recharge your credit card).   If you paid by an existing Paypal balance or directly through your bank account, you are pretty much screwed because as noted ablve after 30 days they will not help you at all.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
After 30 days Ebay/Paypal are going to be useless.  However if you paid for it by Credit Card through Paypal(or some other means), you can dispute it directly through them  in which case you should have at least 90 days from the purchase date(and in some circumstances more) to dispute the transaction and charge it back to Paypal. This will force Paypal togo after the seller themselves and it will be pretty much out of your hands(assuming that the seller dayecon can't prove that they delivered the items in question to you).   If you paid by an existing Paypal balance or directly through your bank account, you are pretty much screwed because as noted ablve after 30 days they will not help you at all.

How I love Paypal ... Not!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:26 am 

yeah quite. they are nothing short of sh1t.

i dont even bother to contact them anymore, i just tell me credit card to sort it out for me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:10 am 

A big public thank you to Grodog for trading items! It arrived safely and the packaging was near bulletproof!

You sir are indeed a man of honor!

Thanks for remembering me even though you were going through difficult personal times.

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:52 am 

just ended happily (form both parts) an extremely nice deal with shane!

great comunication and moreover a great person: i got a huge help in having order in a mess of JG maps!!! :D

tnx shane!!! :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:52 am 

pherreroca wrote:Also, le_rahib, you may need to contact the authorities on dayecon too.

Nail the guy to the wall. Whoever the US victim of his is, I'd really suggest you talk to a lawyer. The fact that he uses the USPS to do this crap makes it a federal crime, due to it being mail fraud. The USPS doesn't screw around with that kind of thing either.

I'm kicking myself for leaving him positive feedback, wish I'd noticed that he'd already screwed someone over :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:04 am 

Just received an awesome item from Badmike.  Great deal on a great item.  Thanks, Mike!

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:25 pm 

Got a cool piece from badmike today.  All went well yet again :D

Thanks Mike

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:08 pm 

Thanks Bom and Black...sorry it took awhile to mail them out, glad you got everything ok....I love when my goodies go to good homes!!!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:59 am 

A huge thank-you to Frank (Deadlord39) for the help in onforwarding some items from an EBay seller andfor the great other item).

Went above and beyond even though he was moving at the time.

Thanks again Frank 8)

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:32 pm 

Always glad to help. Thanks for being patient. And thanks for the kudos!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:45 pm 

Just wanted to say thanks to Blackmoor for the cool stuff.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:31 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to Blackmoor for the cool stuff.  :D

Enjoy the stuff!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 am 

Got a load of goddies from Beyondthebreach last week.  Thanks for the great deal Paul!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:05 pm 

It wasn't private, but I just got a sweet looking MFA from Paul (BTB)!  Holy crap, it's in NICE condition.  MINTY SWEET GLORIOUS LIKE NEW!!!

Now I finally have one to go along with the mother-fricken manuscript I bought off of Frank Mentzer a while back!  Wooooooo-hooooooo!

:D  :D  :D  :D

(It's the little things in life that count.)

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:15 pm 

aia wrote:hey guys, is there anyone who knows jpipes?

well, here's my story:

...i bought from himhere at the acaeum a copy of "en garde" and paid 20 USD (i was told it was in fine conditions) and 10 USD (airmail letter post rate)...

...i got it after 3 months! it was shipped via surface (exactly the half of what i paid for) and it had several pen markings inside and, what worst, even on the cover!

...what should i do? any suggestion?

just a very short update: i got what i asked as a refund from jpipes!
i didnt read the recent flame in the other forum (nor i will), but i'd like to highlight that the guy had been honest with me (maybe solw in react to my mails, but definitely honest!)

ciaooo

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:27 pm 

Kudos to Mars for a very professional sale and packaging of some magazines I'd ordered from him.

He was very responsive and courteous ...  I highly recommend doing business with him.

Keith

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

PreviousNext