Private Sales and Sellers
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Hmmm jpipes the shiller at it again huh?  :roll:   I guess because he couldn't shill anymore on Ebay with his "brothers" ID, he had to try and find some other way to screw people out of thier money.

viewtopic.php?p=58434&highlight=#58434

Sorry Axel. :(

He also tried to dramatically boost the ship price on an item I bought from him (after I paid the amount posted in the auction) and when I wouldn't cooperate he posted here blasting me. He's definantly on my short list of people I won't deal with.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:21 pm 

aia wrote:..i got it after 3 months! it was shipped via surface (exactly the half of what i paid for) and it had several pen markings inside and, what worst, even on the cover!

He's feld_grau on Ebay, right? If so, he bought a WG6 from me of Ebay and left me positive feedback but with a negative comment in it: "Arrived quick! Item didn't match description 100% but otherwise A+++". I didn't really understand what was different about it from my photo/detailed description (possibly damaged during shipping?) but I gave him a partial refund of $3. Never heard anything else from him. I think this was before his Reindeergamez-shipping rant and definitely before bclarkie found the evidence of shilling.

I'm sorry I don't have any specific help for you! But he's obviously not as concerned about the condition of the items he sells as those he buys.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:36 am 

well that whole episode last time left me cold in dealing with the guy.

i dont know him and he doesnt know me and we have never dealt, but i think you should have trust and confidence in ppl you deal with and i dont feel i have that with him, so i dont bother.

either way, it makes no difference to me, i will just go on my own merry little way :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:19 am 

Big thank you to johnhuck. Package arrived today and in excellent condition.

Also big Kudos to Mars - great to do Bz with you!
(Also arrived today).

Special mention for one of the newer members: brokasaphasia.
Excellent communicator, honest and appreciates fantastic packaging, thanks Brian. 8)

Excellent guys all - but you knew that already.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:28 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:
He also tried to dramatically boost the ship price on an item I bought from him (after I paid the amount posted in the auction) and when I wouldn't cooperate he posted here blasting me. He's definantly on my short list of people I won't deal with.

That's too bad.

Ironic, seeing as you have been so kind...and gave me such a great break on shipping.  (Thanks again, by the way.  :D )

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:09 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
That's too bad.

Ironic, seeing as you have been so kind...and gave me such a great break on shipping.  (Thanks again, by the way.  :D )

Mark   8)

Eh it worked out fine in the end.  =)

No prob on the shipping, I'd love to do it more, I just don't dip my toes in things that interest you guys too much,  (But this IS the best RPG community out there so I can't stop visiting here despite my shortage of AD&D knowledge/stock.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:28 pm 

I would like to give a very big public thanks you to Carl aka gyg for an outstanding transaction completed privately here.  Thanks a bunch Carl, you rock!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:18 pm 

Has anyone had any dealings with Dayecon?

I won an R1 and R3 from him two months ago, and they never arrived. I received a refund, and he certainly seems legitimate. I've only ever had a few items go missing in the mail though, and it seemed like really bad luck that these two were lost. They were eventually destined for resell, but I knew I wasn't going to profit on a resale. It was worth a bit of a loss to get to read the modules though :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0033638598

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:26 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Has anyone had any dealings with Dayecon?

I won an R1 and R3 from him two months ago, and they never arrived. I received a refund, and he certainly seems legitimate. I've only ever had a few items go missing in the mail though, and it seemed like really bad luck that these two were lost. They were eventually destined for resell, but I knew I wasn't going to profit on a resale. It was worth a bit of a loss to get to read the modules though :(

** expired/removed eBay auction **

He's not a member here that I am aware of, but regardless, I smell a rat.  I suspect that the seller didn't get what he was hoping to get for these items and so they suddenly got "lost in the mail".  This also happened previously if you look at his feedback at this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0025369129

Also, what appears to be a disappointing auction result and also miraculously these also "Got lost in the Mail".  I think that you got porked as a result of the fact the seller didn't get what he thought he should get. Don't be surprised if these end up being "Found!!" and resold sometime in the future.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

He's not a member here that I am aware of, but regardless, I smell a rat.  I suspect that the seller didn't get what he was hoping to get for these items and so they suddenly got "lost in the mail".  This also happened previously if you look at his feedback at this auction:

Also, what appears to be a disappointing auction result and also miraculously these also "Got lost in the Mail".  I think that you got porked as a result of the fact the seller didn't get what he thought he should get. Don't be surprised if these end up being "Found!!" and resold sometime in the future.

There's something rotten in Denmark.

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:34 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think that you got porked as a result of the fact the seller didn't get what he thought he should get.

What's funny about that is that "what you think you should get" is pretty much the exact definition of the reserve-price concept. This guy appears to be jumping through a lot of hoops that are easily avoided — even I recognize that, and I almost never use a reserve.

A seller to avoid either way, IMO. These items will be available again from a seller who does not play games.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:51 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:What's funny about that is that "what you think you should get" is pretty much the exact definition of the reserve-price concept. This guy appears to be jumping through a lot of hoops that are easily avoided — even I recognize that, and I almost never use a reserve.

A seller to avoid either way, IMO. These items will be available again from a seller who does not play games.

agreed. looks well suspect. anyone who would mail them out without insuring / tracking them with everything available needs a lobotomy.

i guarantee that these items will appear again.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:57 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I suspect that the seller didn't get what he was hoping to get for these items and so they suddenly got "lost in the mail".

Yeah, that's about what I figured as well. I'd be pretty upset if $200 dissapeared in the mail. Hadn't noticed the 'missing' supermodule lot. That pretty much confirms it.

That really sucks. I know I wasn't going to make squat reselling them, but would have been pretty cool to get a chance to read through them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:32 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Has anyone had any dealings with Dayecon?

I have got the same problem, but I am still waiting for a refund, like another people (or more).

We are all non-US residents.

Really bad luck  :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:43 pm 

le Rahib wrote:
I have got the same problem

With the same guy?  

Maybe someone should tell Hugh about this...

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:49 pm 

No links with current discussion, but I am very happy with a private trade with Mars :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:06 pm 

le Rahib wrote:
I have got the same problem, but I am still waiting for a refund, like another people (or more).
We are all non-US residents.
Really bad luck  :?

Adagary4jj is US based(Idaho). So if its the same seller, its not just a outside the US problem. Trust if its the same guy, he is porking people

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 pm 

Just completed a trade with Mars, good and great.  Thanks Mark :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext