Private Sales and Sellers
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:42 pm 

Badmike wrote:
    Whoa, now everyone is going to start wanting to drive over and pick up their stuff!!!! Better stock up on snacks and drinks. 8O
 Seriously, thanks guys.  I try to treat buyers like I want to be treated.  Except for DungeonDweller who got his stuff shipped late last month, sorry about that...otherwise I hope I'm doing a good job.

Mike B.

Gee, I just realized I could drive over and pick stuff up.  I'm in DFW too.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:57 pm 

Ethesis wrote:
Gee, I just realized I could drive over and pick stuff up.  I'm in DFW too.

Don't you live somewhere around Rockwall, Steve? Or is this someone else I'm thinking of?
  KingofPain and I have been mulling over a get-together of DFW based Acaeum members.  I'm going to check the local La Quinta to see how much their meeting room is for an afternoon, I'm about a mile away from the freeway and this would be a nice central meeting location.  We could set up a swap/sales meet there, I can lug over my boxes of goodies if anyone would be interested in buying or just digging through, whoever else is interested could bring their stuff over.   Generation X, the finest and best stocked game store in the DFW area, is just a block away, along with a Starbucks, Dennys, and of course a pool hall/sports bar/ drinking establishment. More and more of us seem to be from the area, it would be nice to have a meet.  I know Gus Landt has been to Gen X in the last month or so.  I'll post on this in its own thread so we can see if enough of us would show to be worthwhile.  Not a gencon, but could be fun.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:45 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Don't you live somewhere around Rockwall, Steve? Or is this someone else I'm thinking of?
  KingofPain and I have been mulling over a get-together of DFW based Acaeum members.  I'm going to check the local La Quinta to see how much their meeting room is for an afternoon, I'm about a mile away from the freeway and this would be a nice central meeting location.  We could set up a swap/sales meet there, I can lug over my boxes of goodies if anyone would be interested in buying or just digging through, whoever else is interested could bring their stuff over.   Generation X, the finest and best stocked game store in the DFW area, is just a block away, along with a Starbucks, Dennys, and of course a pool hall/sports bar/ drinking establishment. More and more of us seem to be from the area, it would be nice to have a meet.  I know Gus Landt has been to Gen X in the last month or so.  I'll post on this in its own thread so we can see if enough of us would show to be worthwhile.  Not a gencon, but could be fun.

Mike B.

You think we could dig up enough people to necessitate a meeting room Mike?  What about Fencert?  Doesnt he live nearby?  If I am not mistaken...Geoff (Inferno) Dale also lives in the DFW area.

I'll order a couple of bags of Frank's piecrust cookies, we'll auction off a couple of those Fiend Folio's you have lying around, order a few pizzas, and ask a few of those cute women down at the QT to dress up in chainmail and we'll have our own little get-together.  We'll call it DARPACon (Dallas Area Role-Playing Advocates) or NOTGAYCon (North Texas Gamers and Yachtsmen).  Ok, maybe that second one is out since probably none of us actually owns a yacht.  But you get the picture.... :wink:   And to celebrate Mike, you could sell your backstock at 25% off.  Then maybe I can afford that Court of Ardor.  :P

Seriously, it would be a lot of fun to get 6 or 7 people together in September/October for a day of reminiscing, gaming, eating, drinking, and yachting.   :mrgreen:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:53 pm 

Just received a minty 1st print Boot Hill from red_bus, with a nice little bonus surprise in the package.  

Thanks, Steven!

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:29 pm 

And speaking of red_bus I just received the Morno Dwarven Glory from him and it is very sweet.  Great deal!

Thanks Steven :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:43 am 

just wanted to offer a huge thanks to bclarkie, who bid on a code of the harpers for me and shipped it over very promptly.

it arrived this morning and am very happy.

cheers bc!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:16 pm 

Big thanks to Carl at gotyourgames (EBay tag) !!!

Picked up AD&D Deck of Encounters - Set 2 (Do NOT laugh everyone !!!)

Great, speedy service as always AND sorted postage out a treat !

:D  :D  :D  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:28 pm 

celmive wrote:Big thanks to Carl at gotyourgames (EBay tag) !!!

:D  :D  :D  :D

yeah carl's a good lad - we've dealt with each other quite a few times.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:40 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:just wanted to offer a huge thanks to bclarkie, who bid on a code of the harpers for me and shipped it over very promptly.

it arrived this morning and am very happy.

cheers bc!

Al

No probs Al. :D   I can't belive that it only took 2 days to get to you.  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:

well i think they must have been on speed that day. but they hey, i aint complaining at all! they can post em as fast as they want!!!

just waiting on a massive parcel off Rob. some amazing goodies for sale, so watch this space! actually...not this space exactly....  :P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:26 am 

bclarkie wrote:

however though BC, i was most dissappointed to note that you didnt write "please handle gently" - that alone makes it all worthwhile :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:09 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
however though BC, i was most dissappointed to note that you didnt write "please handle gently" - that alone makes it all worthwhile :D

Al

Sorry Al, I usually only save that for the big packages. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:05 pm 

Big thanks to Carl at gotyourgames (EBay tag) !!!

Ah praise indeed - Always try and be nice to Acaeum guys - I'm still building up that good D&D karma!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:52 pm 

Just received a sweet item that the burnie bros gave me a great deal on.  Thanks, guys!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:59 pm 

gyg wrote:
Ah praise indeed - Always try and be nice to Acaeum guys - I'm still building up that good D&D karma!

Consider yourself KARMA`ed  :lol:

Soon as this new house is sorted and we have moved I will be in touch about that mag... Looks like its gonna take about another 3 or 4 weeks though  :(  

Ade

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:17 am 

Thanks go to bclarkie for a very nice Metamorphosis Alpha.  I have been trying to acquire one of them for a while now.   :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:05 pm 

Big 'thank you' to Alexander1968 for the Italian X3 that arrived this morning. What a nice guy - a pleasure to do a deal with.

Only question is - do I take the shrinkwrap off? I don't speak Italian but I'm kind of intrigued to see inside! CURSE you foul shrinkwrap!!!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:51 am 

Thank you bclarkie for several private transactions and especially the last one. Items are always well described, promptly shipped and very, very well protected.  :D
It was not the first time, and it is always a pleasure!

BTW, my gratitude to Bombadil for previous transactions, great deals too  :D  I hope you great success with your SW OB3!

Merci les gars!

PreviousNext