Private Sales and Sellers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 67 of 78123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 767778
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:10 am 

Hi Throwi

Would be happy to do so if no one else has offered, let me know. Cheers Chris

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:19 am 

chrisdeputron wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Hi Throwi

Chris,

Thanks for the offer but I found out that my location locked me out of the bidding process so it's an item I didn't and couldn't have won.

Thanks,

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:05 pm 

throwi wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:
chrisdeputron wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Hi Throwi

Chris,

Thanks for the offer but I found out that my location locked me out of the bidding process so it's an item I didn't and couldn't have won.

Thanks,

~throwi

Easy way to get around this is to use the shipping address of the person that is actually going to recieve the items.  What you do is go into the ebay settings and set up an alternate address (for Chris for example); change your default shipping address to the receiver of the item for the duration of the bidding process and presto you can bid on the item.  I do this all the time and it works very nice.  :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:15 pm 

throwi wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Easy way to get around this is to use the shipping address of the person that is actually going to recieve the items.  What you do is go into the ebay settings and set up an alternate address (for Chris for example); change your default shipping address to the receiver of the item for the duration of the bidding process and presto you can bid on the item.  I do this all the time and it works very nice.  

Agreed, I was also going to suggest this. Let me know if you can still proceed or if this comes up again please let me know, more than happy to help out. Chris

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:50 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Easy way to get around this is to use the shipping address of the person that is actually going to recieve the items.  What you do is go into the ebay settings and set up an alternate address (for Chris for example); change your default shipping address to the receiver of the item for the duration of the bidding process and presto you can bid on the item.  I do this all the time and it works very nice.  :)

Hmm, I've always just had the receiver do the bidding and then pay them.  I'll have to look into this - much easier!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm 

As always, dealing with Mars has been out of this world. Universally great guy.

And that'll end the galaxy for tonight, eclipsed by some fruit puns to come later.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:
Easy way to get around this is to use the shipping address of the person that is actually going to recieve the items.  What you do is go into the ebay settings and set up an alternate address (for Chris for example); change your default shipping address to the receiver of the item for the duration of the bidding process and presto you can bid on the item.  I do this all the time and it works very nice.  :)

Ingenious, thanks for the tip.  I will definitely do that next time.  Sometimes, I still feel like the rookie.   :oops:

~throwi

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:A hearty shout out to Simpering Toad!!  :D

Some recent gold pieces were sent to me very nicely packed and shipped promtly :)

:thumleft:

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 pm 

i think i might have missed thanking both Invincible Overlord and a2jeff for great transactions. Thank you gentlemen.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:00 pm 

Simpering Toad helped me complete a FR boxed set.  Incredible packaging, I think it could have withstood anything the USPS could have thrown at it!

Much thanks again!

~throwi

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 pm 

throwi wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Simpering Toad helped me complete a FR boxed set.  Incredible packaging, I think it could have withstood anything the USPS could have thrown at it!

Much thanks again!

~throwi

And I repeat,  :thumleft:

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:17 pm 

This is a shout out to any US based Acaeum member: there are a couple of items on eBay that I am after but which only ship to the US. Would anyone be willing to let me use their address or shipping and then to onward post the two books to me, I will of course pay all shipping costs and would be happy to return the favour if ever needed. Thanks!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 am 

an excellent trade with mrmanowar. thanks Cory!

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:48 am 

stratochamp wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:an excellent trade with mrmanowar. thanks Cory!

Likewise, very happy with our trade!  Thanks much Bill!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm 

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say a Huge Thank You to kingofpain.

Bought some items from John off of Ebay and he mailed it out to the hotel I would be staying at in Nebraska.

I arrived there today and the box was waiting at reception.

A really Huge Thank You John, you saved me a lot of money on overseas shipping! :)

Best regards,
Ronald

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:11 pm 

Thank you to Aia for a very fun trade, glad my stuff could find a nice home, and I'm very happy with your items in return - Thank you!

And, thank you to Kingofpain for some T&T solos.... excellent deal, well-packed, and exactly what I was looking for :)

Thanks fellas!

Some T&T eye candy to share:
Attachment:
DSCN3439.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 pm 

A shout-out to Blackmoor, for helping fill a few holes in the old collection.  Picking them up was a great way to start NTRPGCon.   PDT_Armataz_01_34

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:53 pm 

Glad you guys got your items and there weren't any problems.  Especially with yours Ronald.  I don't know what would have been worse:  Your package getting routed all over the Asian continent before finally getting to Hong Kong six months later and all beat to hell, or worrying about shipping to a flyspeck of a town in Nebraska with only a day and a half window of opportunity for you to pick it up.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 67 of 78123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 767778