What don't you have that you want?
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:30 am 

Hate to say it this way but anything I don't already own a copy of....and if it really cool another copy of the cool stuff....  "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good" :wink:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:18 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:I guess right now for me it is a toss-up between Tradervale and Jaime Bergman. I'd have a great time playing with either one.

Up for auction, an original copy of Jaime Bergman.  Other than a few stray teeth marks, Item is in near-mint condition.  The front shows a bit of rubbing, and the corners have suffered some edge-wear.  Nothing too excessive, though.  Previous owner's name stencilled on the back cover.  Fully compatible with most fantasy game systems.

Yes that is a nice item there.  I really want a Pamela Anderson 1st printing.  Much nicer that the cheap plastic 2nd and 3rd printings.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:23 pm 

Stephen, that's just downright mean. I actually got excited for a second there.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
bombadil wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:I guess right now for me it is a toss-up between Tradervale and Jaime Bergman. I'd have a great time playing with either one.

Up for auction, an original copy of Jaime Bergman.  Other than a few stray teeth marks, Item is in near-mint condition.  The front shows a bit of rubbing, and the corners have suffered some edge-wear.  Nothing too excessive, though.  Previous owner's name stencilled on the back cover.  Fully compatible with most fantasy game systems.

Yes that is a nice item there.  I really want a Pamela Anderson 1st printing.  Much nicer that the cheap plastic 2nd and 3rd printings.  :D

Oh.

Yeah...see....I just now figured out that Jaime Bergman must be a woman I've never heard of.  Totally changes the meaning....which is funnier when you didn't get the joke at first.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:47 am 

Jaime Bergman was one of the actresses on Son of the Beach. She also was the model for the St. Pauli Girl Beer label. She's my future ex-wife, so don't get any ideas.
Now that I think about it, I guess the one thing I'd really like to have is an original printing of the Tunnels and Trolls rules.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:56 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Jaime Bergman was one of the actresses on Son of the Beach. She also was the model for the St. Pauli Girl Beer label. She's my future ex-wife, so don't get any ideas.
Now that I think about it, I guess the one thing I'd really like to have is an original printing of the Tunnels and Trolls rules.

Speaking of T&T...anyone able to tell me what this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tunnels-and-Trolls- ... dZViewItem

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:40 am 

I am definitely a player first and collecter second.  I have a fair amount of collectable material.  Some shrinkwrapped and alot of NM/M modules.  I don't have all that many rare items though.  I do have a mint SW R1 that I pounced on one point that was auctioned with a mispelling.  That was quite a deal.  Got it for under $100.  :)

Other than that I would like to get R2-R4, but am very picky when it comes to the condition of the items.  This makes it tough to find one I want.  Then to try to get it for a reasonable price.  I am also very interested in getting an Aussie copy of G1, G2, or G3.  I've been looking for quite some time but never seem to land one.   :(  The G series are some of my favorites that I remember from my childhood.  Happy collecting!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:26 am 

Marlith wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:Jaime Bergman was one of the actresses on Son of the Beach. She also was the model for the St. Pauli Girl Beer label. She's my future ex-wife, so don't get any ideas.

Speaking of T&T...anyone able to tell me what this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tunnels-and-Trolls- ... dZViewItem

Very early rules printing. I do not think it is a first print, but definately an early version. It is on my watch list, too. It will probably go for around $30-40 in the end. There typically is not  much demand for them.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:55 am 

macordani wrote:I do have a mint SW R1 that I pounced on one point that was auctioned with a mispelling.  That was quite a deal.  Got it for under $100.  :)

Nice one.  Though I wonder how you spell "R1" incorrectly...it's not like there's a lot of options there.  :?

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:01 am 

I12 Egg of the Phoenix. I have the booklet from one that someone gave me a long time ago, in a town far, far away. I don't want to pay $30 bucks for it either. Of course the R series would be nice, but I haven't won lottery yet, so that must wait.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:06 am 

I forgot to answer the original question.  I want T1-4.  But I'm willing to hold out as long as it takes, because I don't think it's worth $30+ USD.  (I'm not looking for Mint here, I'm looking for complete with map book, cover-not-torn-off, preferrably no hideous gold logo).

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:11 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
bombadil wrote:

Keeping it in the same calibur of product I would prefer a first edition Jenny McCarthy over a Pam Anderson. Just a matter of personal preferences when shopping that line of products I think.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 am 

The T&T book is a 4th print.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:23 am 

This going to sound a little stupid, but I just want a few common things that I am missing - several of which are not rare in the least.

I need a AC5, AC8 (actual), mono S1 and few others to complete my basic/1st ed. module collection. Problem is, I want them in near mint to mint condition. That is the trick. I have been after that S1 for years and every time I think I have it, the thing has some sort of problem that the seller "missed."

The only "rares" I want or need to clean up my collection would be OB3 and a Woody.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Previous