What don't you have that you want?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:15 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'd love to have complete, legal cd roms of everything published by TSR.  For ease of use and research purposes.  I hate having to dig through boxes all the time to find something.  I'd also like cd roms of all MERP, Companions, Midkemia, Thieve's Guild, fill in the blank.  
  It would be nice to have a collection like the Dragon magazine cds for Dungeon and Polyhedron mags...again for ease of use while I'm at my computer.

Mike B.

Dungeon, at least, could be done as a compilation.  Everything was purchased as "work for hire" and so belongs to TSR.  They could re-print it at will.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:15 pm 

faro wrote:
dbartman wrote:Everything in NM+ and SW (if it was of course). :D

Dreamer! :P

*SWs PotVQ and offers to Doug*

I'll take it! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:18 pm 

I guess right now for me it is a toss-up between Tradervale and Jaime Bergman. I'd have a great time playing with either one.
Actually, I can't think of anything on my "gotta have it" list. There are plenty of things I'd LIKE to have, but they will come up eventually. They always do.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:21 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:I guess right now for me it is a toss-up between Tradervale and Jaime Bergman. I'd have a great time playing with either one.

Up for auction, an original copy of Jaime Bergman.  Other than a few stray teeth marks, Item is in near-mint condition.  The front shows a bit of rubbing, and the corners have suffered some edge-wear.  Nothing too excessive, though.  Previous owner's name stencilled on the back cover.  Fully compatible with most fantasy game systems.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:30 am 

Hate to say it this way but anything I don't already own a copy of....and if it really cool another copy of the cool stuff....  "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good" :wink:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:18 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:I guess right now for me it is a toss-up between Tradervale and Jaime Bergman. I'd have a great time playing with either one.

Up for auction, an original copy of Jaime Bergman.  Other than a few stray teeth marks, Item is in near-mint condition.  The front shows a bit of rubbing, and the corners have suffered some edge-wear.  Nothing too excessive, though.  Previous owner's name stencilled on the back cover.  Fully compatible with most fantasy game systems.

Yes that is a nice item there.  I really want a Pamela Anderson 1st printing.  Much nicer that the cheap plastic 2nd and 3rd printings.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:23 pm 

Stephen, that's just downright mean. I actually got excited for a second there.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
bombadil wrote:

Yes that is a nice item there.  I really want a Pamela Anderson 1st printing.  Much nicer that the cheap plastic 2nd and 3rd printings.  :D

Oh.

Yeah...see....I just now figured out that Jaime Bergman must be a woman I've never heard of.  Totally changes the meaning....which is funnier when you didn't get the joke at first.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:47 am 

Jaime Bergman was one of the actresses on Son of the Beach. She also was the model for the St. Pauli Girl Beer label. She's my future ex-wife, so don't get any ideas.
Now that I think about it, I guess the one thing I'd really like to have is an original printing of the Tunnels and Trolls rules.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:56 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Jaime Bergman was one of the actresses on Son of the Beach. She also was the model for the St. Pauli Girl Beer label. She's my future ex-wife, so don't get any ideas.
Now that I think about it, I guess the one thing I'd really like to have is an original printing of the Tunnels and Trolls rules.

Speaking of T&T...anyone able to tell me what this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tunnels-and-Trolls- ... dZViewItem

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:40 am 

I am definitely a player first and collecter second.  I have a fair amount of collectable material.  Some shrinkwrapped and alot of NM/M modules.  I don't have all that many rare items though.  I do have a mint SW R1 that I pounced on one point that was auctioned with a mispelling.  That was quite a deal.  Got it for under $100.  :)

Other than that I would like to get R2-R4, but am very picky when it comes to the condition of the items.  This makes it tough to find one I want.  Then to try to get it for a reasonable price.  I am also very interested in getting an Aussie copy of G1, G2, or G3.  I've been looking for quite some time but never seem to land one.   :(  The G series are some of my favorites that I remember from my childhood.  Happy collecting!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:26 am 

Marlith wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:Jaime Bergman was one of the actresses on Son of the Beach. She also was the model for the St. Pauli Girl Beer label. She's my future ex-wife, so don't get any ideas.

Speaking of T&T...anyone able to tell me what this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tunnels-and-Trolls- ... dZViewItem

Very early rules printing. I do not think it is a first print, but definately an early version. It is on my watch list, too. It will probably go for around $30-40 in the end. There typically is not  much demand for them.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:55 am 

macordani wrote:I do have a mint SW R1 that I pounced on one point that was auctioned with a mispelling.  That was quite a deal.  Got it for under $100.  :)

Nice one.  Though I wonder how you spell "R1" incorrectly...it's not like there's a lot of options there.  :?

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:01 am 

I12 Egg of the Phoenix. I have the booklet from one that someone gave me a long time ago, in a town far, far away. I don't want to pay $30 bucks for it either. Of course the R series would be nice, but I haven't won lottery yet, so that must wait.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:06 am 

I forgot to answer the original question.  I want T1-4.  But I'm willing to hold out as long as it takes, because I don't think it's worth $30+ USD.  (I'm not looking for Mint here, I'm looking for complete with map book, cover-not-torn-off, preferrably no hideous gold logo).

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:11 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
bombadil wrote:

Keeping it in the same calibur of product I would prefer a first edition Jenny McCarthy over a Pam Anderson. Just a matter of personal preferences when shopping that line of products I think.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 am 

The T&T book is a 4th print.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:23 am 

This going to sound a little stupid, but I just want a few common things that I am missing - several of which are not rare in the least.

I need a AC5, AC8 (actual), mono S1 and few others to complete my basic/1st ed. module collection. Problem is, I want them in near mint to mint condition. That is the trick. I have been after that S1 for years and every time I think I have it, the thing has some sort of problem that the seller "missed."

The only "rares" I want or need to clean up my collection would be OB3 and a Woody.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Previous