List of sellers with exorbitant shipping/no combined ship
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i thought you couldnt refuse to allow ppl to pay by paypal?

Al

Al, you are not required by Ebay to accept Paypal for  payment, you just can't say that you are charging additional fees for payment that way, nor can you restrict payments from redit cards.  Those are the violations that are No-Nos according to Ebays rules.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Al, you are not required by Ebay to accept Paypal for  payment, you just can't say that you are charging additional fees for payment that way, nor can you restrict payments from redit cards.  Those are the violations that are No-Nos according to Ebays rules.

ah right! that aint so bad then is it.

hey Bri i sent you a PM by the way chummer....

go get it man!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:14 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
ah right! that aint so bad then is it.

hey Bri i sent you a PM by the way chummer....

go get it man!

Al

I just responded. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:17 pm 

I would like to see a thread on sellers who take forever to send items, to be honest. I bought a copy of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (1st edition, Hogshead reprint version) and The Restless Dead module for the game (total $7 + shipping; I thought it was a good deal) and its been nearly 5 weeks and I still have not received them. :( I don't even want to mention the copy of Mutazoids I've been waiting on for nearly 8 weeks... or the guy that took 11 months to ship out a copy of The Keep (Mayfair Role-Aids module.) I have bad luck...

The sellers I dislike are the ones who charge nearly as much for combined shipping as they do for not... or, only offer one form of shipping. That's crap. If I want my stuff media mailed, media mail it to me... its cheaper, and believe it or not, somewhat more reliable, if slower.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:19 pm 

wow! sometimes if i am snowed under with stuff to do i might take nearly a week - i will get everything together and just do one trip, normally a friday. doesnt happen much but it does sometimes.

is that bad?

i try and get stuff off sharpish most times (ala. Zhowars Ironhoof highlands package just the other day) but you know sometimes other things take precedence.

5 weeks tho is a bit much :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:12 pm 

I would like to see a thread on sellers who take forever to send items, to be honest. I bought a copy of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (1st edition, Hogshead reprint version) and The Restless Dead module for the game (total $7 + shipping; I thought it was a good deal) and its been nearly 5 weeks and I still have not received them.  I don't even want to mention the copy of Mutazoids I've been waiting on for nearly 8 weeks... or the guy that took 11 months to ship out a copy of The Keep (Mayfair Role-Aids module.) I have bad luck...

The sellers I dislike are the ones who charge nearly as much for combined shipping as they do for not... or, only offer one form of shipping. That's crap. If I want my stuff media mailed, media mail it to me... its cheaper, and believe it or not, somewhat more reliable, if slower.

Ah...the ebay experience.  You never know what you are going to get.  In you case you got horribly bad service.  Maybe you could post a link to these sellers so we know who to avoid.

Not all sellers have the advantage of living a couple minutes from the post office (like me) but some of these people hold on to your purchase for weeks before mailing.  At the same time they expect you to pay for the item ASAP.  There's just something fundamentally wrong with that thinking.

On a positive note there are plenty of good sellers on ebay and many of them are members of this forum.

Previous