Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:45 pm 

As I was surfing, I found these, which I thought were way out of line:

BestSellerBooksDirect

AmazoBook

Mega Media Depot

Inflatable Madnes

Inflatable Madness wasn't too bad on shipping...at least, not as bad as the others.

(yeah....I know. 3.x edition. Yet another example of greed and jumping on the bandwagon late.)

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:57 pm 

Wow.  BestSellerBooksDirect has just about the worst feedback I've ever seen with only 95.3% positive out of 5502 sales.  The feedback is very intersting, it seems like he's putting up sales on Ebay for stuff he doesn't have.  Once someone wins the auction he then orders from Amazon and elsewhere.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:16 pm 

Yep, it's a "known" practice that some folks do, they list the items on ebay for LESS than amazon, but with ridiculous shipping, then they drop ship it from Amazon.  It's become more prevelant since the advent of Amazon prime, which you can get free shipping for as many items as you want for like $70 a year or something.

(I won't say that any of these people are doing it in particular, but I do know that there are some sellers who DO do this)  =/  It pays to shop around I guess.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:19 pm 

jetret ?

(Seller is also incapable of reading emails, it would appear, so the answer might be either "yes" or "no" for all I know! :))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:22 pm 

faro wrote:jetret ?

(Seller is also incapable of reading emails, it would appear, so the answer might be either "yes" or "no" for all I know! :))

Wow, that seller certainly has some very interesting things. :o

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:23 pm 

Very interesting indeed.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:25 pm 

Nah... y'don't say...? :P

Hopefully they might engage brain and respond to any friendly comments in a non-defensive manner at some point! ;)

=
[ed.] Well, they apologised for totally ignoring the content of my previous five emails ^^

For anyone interested, please make sure about combined shipping beforehand. And if you're outside the US, you'd better find someone you know inside the US because there's zero percent chance they'll ship direct!
(You will be bitten if you ask that question... I didn't, and was still bitten because it was presumed that's what I was asking, despite not actually asking ANYTHING! :lol:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:30 am 

faro wrote:For anyone interested, please make sure about combined shipping beforehand. And if you're outside the US, you'd better find someone you know inside the US because there's zero percent chance they'll ship direct!
(You will be bitten if you ask that question... I didn't, and was still bitten because it was presumed that's what I was asking, despite not actually asking ANYTHING! :lol:)

i still never understand why ppl do that. its not like its that hard to ship outside your country....

the mind boggles.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Well, he read my emails.  Slapped me down hard.  "Begone small dog!"

:lol:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:40 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Well, he read my emails.  Slapped me down hard.  "Begone small dog!"

:lol:

not a very friendly chap is he :)

i was gonna bid on a few things and have them shipped to someone i know in the US, but from his reply i think i will forgo that. i might want the items but i wont deal with an utter ass like that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:11 am 

Has anyone been able to get an answer about the printing on the PHB?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:06 am 

still no answer even after 2 emails asking about it. :roll:

I'm sure I'll still bid on a few of his items but the "ABSOLUTELY NO SHIPPING DISCOUNTS OFFERED" is pretty ignorant.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:Has anyone been able to get an answer about the printing on the PHB?

Still no luck?

*refers back to my previous post*
faro wrote:(You will be bitten if you ask that question... I didn't, and was still bitten because it was presumed that's what I was asking, despite not actually asking ANYTHING! :lol:)

I actually spent about 20 minutes going through their listings, pointing out the various bits-and-pieces that could do with clarification. What's that: nearly 2 1/2 days ago, now...?

Their reply:

"Thank you for your interest. Sorry I do not sell over seas."

My response:

"Good evening. PLEASE read my messages properly!!

I was NOT asking to be able to bid, merely trying to help you get the most from your auctions.

Do trust that was worth my time... "

Their reply (within 30 minutes):

"Thank you. I have been doing this since before Thanksgiving and I am sorry if I seemed short. Every week I have been getting people asking me about shipping out of the country even though I say in every sale that I do not. I will be glad when this whole thing is over. Thanks again."

But no added information on the various items highlighted....

(I don't think they could care less, to be honest :?)

So, if they do have the cover card, but end up selling to a reseller for $10 rather than "Hope to find them a good home" that's not a problem, I guess :D

Good luck! :P (They still have 100% +ve feedback, tho'...)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:41 pm 

faro wrote:

So, if they do have the cover card, but end up selling to a reseller for $10 rather than "Hope to find them a good home" that's not a problem, I guess :D

Good luck! :P (They still have 100% +ve feedback, tho'...)

Does not have the title card..response: 'No Title card. Just loose cards.'

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:55 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Has anyone been able to get an answer about the printing on the PHB?

Still no luck?

No, I haven't bothered to ask him any questions yet for fear that if treats me like sh*t, I might be tempted to drive to Wisonson and put my foot up his ass.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:
faro wrote:

Still no luck?

No, I haven't bothered to ask him any questions yet for fear that if treats me like sh*t, I might be tempted to drive to Wisonson and put my foot up his ass.

Hey, Bri, it's WISCONSIN, an old Ojibway name for "Where the big waters meet", or something like that, and you pronounce both "i"s as "i"s, not "e"s!  :lol:

And by the way, if you're driving up there, can you swing over here and pick me up first?  I haven't been home in a while, and am seriously starting to miss the smell of the northern pines.

Anyway, the PHB is not a T1st, if that's what you guys were interested in.  Seller has been quite thorough and cordial in their responses to my inquiries.

That whitey certainly does look interesting, doesn't it?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:51 pm 

bombadil wrote:That whitey certainly does look interesting, doesn't it?

re. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8765557021 (at $128).

Depends on whether you like taped corners, perhaps.

Price is already getting close to the previous one (sans tape); viewtopic.php?p=45313&highlight=#45313

=

Was that a bid from Frank I saw there?

(*g*. Guess that's the Italian MERP monies being recycled pdq, if so? :D)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:32 pm 

Can any list of shipping rip-off artists be complete without Tonya, our favorite starving college student? **

How about $5.65 for media mail shipping on a standard-sized module, plus an extra 65 cents for delivery confirmation? How does that grab you?

My loathing for this sort of shameless thievery is utter and complete. But I am a big believer in karma, so I think a falling anvil is headed her way sometime soon ...

+++++

** who somehow manages to actually employ other people despite being so close to starvation herself.

Next