Hmmm, more fraud.  How about a 2nd chance offer on Lost Tamo
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:17 pm 

Hey all,

Not surpisingly I just received a fraudulent 2nd chance offer on the most recent Lost Tamoachan auction.  Here is an exact copy of what I just received:

Dumb a$$ frauster wrote: Second Chance Offer -- Buy The Item You Recently Bid On  
Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid is again available for purchase at your last bid amount

Second Chance Offer  
 This message was sent after the listing closed.

Item name: AD&D Module, LOST TAMOACHAN, Ultra Rare, NM condition!!  
Item number: 6602272523  
Your Price: US $827.77  

Second Chance Offer
The seller is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection

eBay does not charge an Insertion Fee to send a Second Chance Offer. Sellers pay only the Final Value Fee when the offer is accepted.
Act Now - This Offer Ends Soon
To take advantage of this opportunity, please act quickly. This offer ends on19-Feb-06 18:02:39 EDT .

Don't let this get away!  

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/  
  Marketplace Safety Tip  

Always remember to complete your transaction on eBay - it's the safer way to buy.

Please do not offer to buy or sell this item through this form without completing the transaction on eBay. If you receive a response inviting you to transact outside of eBay, you should decline -- such transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy.  

Is this email inappropriate?
Does it violate eBay policy?
Help protect the community by
reporting it.  

This email appears in the language of the eBay site where you are registered.  

eBay sent this email to you because your Notification Preferences indicate that you want to receive Second Chance Offer Notices.If you do not wish to receive further communications, log into "My eBay" by clicking on My eBay link found at the top of the eBay home page and change your notification preferences.  

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html
The insurer of this transaction is eBay Inc., located at 2145 Hamilton
Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125, United States of America.
The account is managed by eBay's Square Trade center.

It is so flippin obvious that its fake its ridiculous as it doesn't even reference an Ebay auction link and it is clearly a cut and pasted email.  :roll:   For reference the fraudsters email address is [email protected].

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:19 pm 

Hmmm, maybe it is time to reply with an affirmative just to see how dumb this guy really is.  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:22 pm 

Here is the email I just sent:

bclarkie wrote:Wow, you mean that you really have a second copy of this module!  I have been looking for this thing forever.  How do I close out this deal as your second chance offer doesn't seem to have a link to click on.  As soon as you tell me how, I will buy it and pay right away.

Thanks so much!

Lets see if he repsonds. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:13 pm 

How sporting!

I hope your bait gets a nibble...

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:44 am 

Very strange, I got the same exact email for another auction lot that I recently bid on. The "OVER 20 YEAR COLLECTION OF D&Dand AD&D Over 130 Pieces    Item number: 8759821314" auction. Funny thing, I wasn't even the 2nd or 3rd highest bidder, not by a long shot. I think my final bid was like $700 and it sold for $1100... Messed up.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:14 am 

We all got the Tamo offer. I PMed David about it, but he hasn't gotten back yet. Personally I think we should all pool together and get this guy banned and/or arrested.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:54 am 

Hi there Frank

It is the same item that you bid on.The highest bidder failed to complete this transaction, because  of some unexpected financial problems.We will work thru ebay.If you are still interested please confirm your name and shipping address. As soon as I receive your info, I'll start the official  procedure, and ebay will notify you of this. You'll receive  important guidelines and instructions from them.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ayuh.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:51 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Hi there Frank
It is the same item that you bid on.The highest bidder failed to complete this transaction, because  of some unexpected financial problems.We will work thru ebay.If you are still interested please confirm your name and shipping address. As soon as I receive your info, I'll start the official  procedure, and ebay will notify you of this. You'll receive  important guidelines and instructions from them.
Looking forward to your reply.

Ayuh.

Amazingly enough, that is almost the exact same email I received. :lol:

Hi there Brian
It is the same item that you bid on.The highest bidder failed to complete this transaction, because  of some unexpected financial problems.In order to start the official transaction in a very protected way, I need your:
first name:
last name:
your address(shipping address):
city:
zip:
 As soon as I receive your info, I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you of this. You'll receive important guidelines and instructions from them.

Now I am trying to think of how I can procede.  I figure I have 1 of 3 options.  1) I can give him a fake address and see what he does from there  2) I can ask him for his address as to where I can send a Money order or 3) I can tell him that I have relatives that actually live in the same area that he is and I would like to set up a pickup so that they can pay in cash and just pick it up for me. Hmmm, decisions, decisions..... :twisted:

BTW Frank, I can assure that David did not fail to complete this transaction, I have already talked to him about it on Saturday, long before I got this scam email. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:28 am 

Okay, I decided to play conservative.  I sent him my address(or rather the address for the local State Police Barracks  :twisted: ) and I also asked him for his address so that I could mail him a money order.  Lets see how this goes. :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:34 am 

I was the third high bidder on that one a I did not get the Second Chance offer!

Maybe he doesn't like dealing with canadians :P

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:06 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:We all got the Tamo offer. I PMed David about it, but he hasn't gotten back yet. Personally I think we should all pool together and get this guy banned and/or arrested.

I didn't!  He does hate Canadians, obviously.  I'm suing him for discrimination!  :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:38 am 

Maybe he figures your money is worth less, and he didn't want to take a hit on his profits.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:53 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Maybe he figures your money is worth less, and he didn't want to take a hit on his profits.

The Canadian dollar is not only worth less; it's worthless.  

I've tried using it a gas stations, parking lots, etc., and aside from a couple of places in Montana and Alaska, no one will take it!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:06 am 

I was fourth highest bidder on that auction and didn't get a second chance offer.... then again it seems at least one seller thinks I don't live in the US:

Security Measure

Probably meant to cancel mdr003 for living in Australia but that's startling incompetence by the seller... I hope stormber puts insurance on this one.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:15 am 

bombadil wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:Maybe he figures your money is worth less, and he didn't want to take a hit on his profits.

I've tried using it a gas stations, parking lots, etc., and aside from a couple of places in Montana and Alaska, no one will take it!

The way the US dollar is going nowdays things are getting cheaper to us Canadians.  The canadian dollar has increased at least 25% against the US in the last 3-4 years!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:15 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
bombadil wrote:

The way the US dollar is going nowdays things are getting cheaper to us Canadians.  The canadian dollar has increased at least 25% against the US in the last 3-4 years!

Not to mention this recent Reuters article:
http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=businessNews&storyID=2006-02-09T222527Z_01_N09241163_RTRIDST_0_BUSINESS-MARKETS-FOREX-CANADA-COL.XML&archived=False

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:47 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:

Security Measure

Probably meant to cancel mdr003 for living in Australia but that's startling incompetence by the seller... I hope stormber puts insurance on this one.

A sign? I should start running these off on my plotter. Make a fortune.

SO they canceled your bid? That seems a shame.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:54 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

The US economy and dollar have been in a slow death spiral for a few years now thanks to the oil assbags running our country. With huge companies like GM and Ford having serious problems I'm getting really nervous. 8O

Next