Crown jewel of your collection...
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:01 pm 

TigerKing wrote:And thanks for sharing the picture of the chalice! I'd love to get one of those!

Well, Frank has two so maybe he'll be open to auctioning one in the near future with his new eBay selling account.   :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:02 pm 

Heh...indeed.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:28 pm 

Original cover art to C2 Ghost tower. Keep it at my desk and look at her often.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:22 pm 

For me, it would have to be my original DM's screen. I DM'ed the same group of guys through junior high and high school, through a ton of adventures over countless weekends and I used same screens for it all.

About a year ago, a couple of these old friends and I played again for the first time in about a decade. They lugged their books to my place and we stared setting up at the dinner table. I put the screens up and they gave me this odd look. "Dude, the screens are backward - that one has to be facing me."

I dug that.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:12 am 

Went through the closet for spring cleaing and donations to Purple Heart. And in the back with my old Gencon T-shirts (that my wife begs me to throw away every year) is the T-Shirt I got for first place in the 1984 Zef (Fez) Deathstorm AD&D Tournament. It is a size small - all they had left by the time I got to the winners announcement. If I ever figure out how to use photobucket, I will post a picture.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:01 am 

I suppose my "crown jewels" are the things left over from the days when I used to play.  The items in questions are the modules that I designed and wrote myself.

On the commercial side, the most memorable piece is the book that started the collecting frenzy (and the money sink)- a first print D&D from e-bay, for about $20.

Gary H. Kramer

Previous