Was: bad ebay sale... now resolved 100% & info on shippi
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:23 pm 

(...to those just reading this posting this "issue" has been resolved as of 2/6/06 with the buyer and everyone is now pleased.)

Just a warning about a really, really sour deal on ebay with seller "reindeergamez" and "thedingoismybaby" (they are the same person). This person recently won a huge lot of AD&D materials that I was selling. He paid $11 USD for media mail shipping. The package was 50 pounds and ended up costing me $40 USD to ship to his location. I sent it anyway in good faith assuming this person would be honest and upfront and help me with shipping costs. They never responded to 5 emails I sent about it. I opened a complaint with ebay about it and the finally responded and refused to pay and said "tough luck" and that it was my own fault.

To add insult to injury, this person left NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for me before the package even arrived as a result of me asking for postage!!!!!!!! It is scheduled to arrive via Fedex tomorrow, yet they left negative feedback for me TODAY in a simple and pure personal attack, all because I request they pay for the shipping on their lot.

Really, really upsetting and frustrating. I hope if others have dealings with this buyer/seller your transactions go better than mine. What an insult to the collecting community.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:33 pm 

jpipes wrote:Just a warning about a really, really sour deal on ebay with seller "reindeergamez" and "thedingoismybaby" (they are the same person). This person recently won a huge lot of AD&D materials that I was selling. He paid $11 USD for media mail shipping. The package was 50 pounds and ended up costing me $40 USD to ship to his location. I sent it anyway in good faith assuming this person would be honest and upfront and help me with shipping costs. They never responded to 5 emails I sent about it. I opened a complaint with ebay about it and the finally responded and refused to pay and said "tough luck" and that it was my own fault.

To add insult to injury, this person left NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for me before the package even arrived as a result of me asking for postage!!!!!!!! It is scheduled to arrive via Fedex tomorrow, yet they left negative feedback for me TODAY in a simple and pure personal attack, all because I request they pay for the shipping on their lot.

Really, really upsetting and frustrating. I hope if others have dealings with this buyer/seller your transactions go better than mine. What an insult to the collecting community.

Umm, I am not really sure how opening a thread on the forum flaming another member of the forum is a good idea. If that in itself wans't bad enough your story doesn't make any sense.  Did you ship it USPS Media Mail or did you send it FED EX.  Secondly, did you quote the shipping coast of $11.00 in your auction or not, becuase if you quoted that cost, then why would you expect someone to live up to something other then you quoted.  3rd and most important if you realized that you made a mistake and you shipped it anyway, I am not sure how you can complain.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:34 pm 

Never should have shipped it until actually talking to the buyer about it.  Need to here the pther side of the story.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:38 pm 

Well, here is the auction for reference:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8753668795

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:41 pm 

Just my .02, but if the shipping is stated in an auction listing and then the seller turns around and asks for more money because they made an error, then it is the sellers responsibility to pay for the extra shipping difference, not the buyer.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:45 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well, here is the auction for reference:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8753668795

(Incidentally, that's me "fishing" on the Fazzlewood question. Just a coverless O1.) :twisted:

[edit]Oops, forgot the main point.  That sounds nothing like reindeer, and that's the first I've heard that dingo is the same individual.  :?  Can't wait to hear the other side of this.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:00 pm 

jpipes wrote:This person recently won a huge lot of AD&D materials that I was selling. He paid $11 USD for media mail shipping.

I have never bought anything from Reindeergamez but I hear nothing but praise from others on this forum.  And their feedback is immaculate from over 1000 other ebayers.  Also, thinking back to another thread, isn't Reindeergamez a she, not a he?  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:03 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:I have never bought anything from Reindeergamez but I hear nothing but praise from others on this forum. And their feedback is immaculate from over 1000 other ebayers. Also, thinking back to another thread, isn't Reindeergamez a she, not a he? :?

I agree 100%, and yes Reindeergamez is a she. :wink:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:05 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:Just my .02, but if the shipping is stated in an auction listing and then the seller turns around and asks for more money because they made an error, then it is the sellers responsibility to pay for the extra shipping difference, not the buyer.

That's 100-percent correct. I've had to suck it up more than once, either due to using an old auction template with incorrect shipping info., or else not taking the time to double-check an item's weight. Either way, how can I reasonably expect a buyer to make good on my error?

And intra-forum attacks are never the way to go ... I'd consider switching to PMs at the earliest opportunity.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:05 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Did you ship it USPS Media Mail or did you send it FED EX. Secondly, did you quote the shipping coast of $11.00 in your auction or not

Was actually quoted as $10, as noted on the link (thanks, Brian).

If there's an error on the shipping, that needed to be sorted out before sending the package, I'd've thought.
The "FRAUD seller - AVOID at all costs. Blackmails for more $$$ after end of auction" feedback isn't on either, IMHO :(

Would've been easier to have pulled on the basis of E&OE re. the shipping quote and taken the neg without shipping, but for the fact that "As can be seen, this lot will be heavy to ship so shipping prices are listed accordingly" is stated explicitly (implying that those were double-checked and correct).

Sorry to hear 'bout that.

JM-02c anyhow...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:15 pm 

fwiw: i have sent many packages to guys in the US from here and the shipping is generally more. but cos its the guys on here, i dont tend to bother, cos i didnt have time to check accurately on the cost, i just guessed. the one instance it was massively more, brian reimbursed half the difference, which was damn charitable of him, but thats prb cos i boxed the item up better than fort knox :D

anyway, the fact is, if you quote the shipping, then really thats all you have to pay, you are not obligated to pay more and thats that.

but then, neither is it on, for someone to shell out a neg just like that. maybe there was a reason for it that we dont know about?

i dont think you can judge really until the other side of the story is heard properly and even then, its nothing really to do with others here - surely PMs would have sufficed?

i have dealt with reiny a few times and each transaction has been spot on a very swift with no problem whatsoever.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:16 pm 

Are you concerned now that thedingoismybaby reads these forums and knows how much you intend to bid on this auction or is now going to out bid you on it and any other :?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8759821314

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:58 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:Just my .02, but if the shipping is stated in an auction listing and then the seller turns around and asks for more money because they made an error, then it is the sellers responsibility to pay for the extra shipping difference, not the buyer.

I ditto these two coppers.  I've goofed up on shipping and shortchanged myself quite a few times in the past.  You just gotta eat up those costs.  And if one overcharges by more than a dollar then the buyer should be reimbursed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:04 pm 

Adding to the consensus. You quoted the shipping, he paid the shipping. You're first claiming Media Mail, then Fed Ex? Maybe that's why your shipping cost ended up being so much more?

In any case, I've done this to myself plenty of times - quoted someone low shipping, then ended up paying higher out of my own pocket. The person at fault here is you.

I've got no idea where the reindeer = dingo thing came from, but I don't see that it matters here.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:18 pm 

Hi there.  I figured this would wind up here.  =)

Yes, I did purchase this set from my other ebay account.  I paid quickly for the amount quoted in the listing.

Several days later I recieve an email demanding I pay him $25 because of him having to pay extra.  At the time I decided to wait for the package to arrive and if all was well I was going to offer to split the difference in the extra shipping he had to pay.  I start getting increasingly angry emails demanding I pay him, and then he filse a fraudulant non-paying bidder report.  He also repeatedly threatens to blast me with negative feedback and "out me" on a message board if I don't pay.  At this point I decide that this guy does NOT deserve an extra $25. I left him a negative feedback because I want the bidders in his other auctions to know what kind of guy they are dealing with I have not posted anything dishonest in regards to feedback, and in fact have been dealing with ebay customer (no)service in regards to the situation and have been assured that I should NOT submit this guy any more money.  I accepted my negative feedback back, I expected it when I posted mine.

I hate having to get into this kind of flame-war over this, I'm a pretty laid back person and it's really not about the money (I probably give away $25 in free shipping to my repeat customers and APO addresses every week)  I just don't like how he handled the situation.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:19 pm 

Plaag wrote:Are you concerned now that thedingoismybaby reads these forums and knows how much you intend to bid on this auction or is now going to out bid you on it and any other :?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8759821314

ShaneG.

For what it's worth that was immature on my part.  I originally had that as a last minute snipe (which I know will not be the winning bid) but I just wanted to be the one to outbid him.  :oops:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:25 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:
Plaag wrote:Are you concerned now that thedingoismybaby reads these forums and knows how much you intend to bid on this auction or is now going to out bid you on it and any other :?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8759821314

ShaneG.

For what it's worth that was immature on my part. I originally had that as a last minute snipe (which I know will not be the winning bid) but I just wanted to be the one to outbid him. :oops:

As long as you're comfortable bidding that much, we've all been there.  (Ok, I've been there, at least).  Though I don't get what everyone thinks is so special about that auction.  Must be something I don't collect.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:34 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Reindeergamez wrote:

ShaneG.

For what it's worth that was immature on my part. I originally had that as a last minute snipe (which I know will not be the winning bid) but I just wanted to be the one to outbid him. :oops:

As long as you're comfortable bidding that much, we've all been there. (Ok, I've been there, at least). Though I don't get what everyone thinks is so special about that auction. Must be something I don't collect.

The blasted lands is probably worth $200, $90 for the Beastmaker Mountain, throw in an H1 and over 100 other nice pieces, should go for more I would say

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Next