Out of Control Shipping Charges!
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:21 pm 

Try scrolling down a little and read the text right above the picture.   He is selling copies of the missing mythos for free (Just add the small $10.00 shipping and handling charge.)

:roll:

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:19 pm 

I e-mailed the guy and told him he had been reported. Doubt it will stop him, but........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:48 pm 

Excellent job Frank!

You are fine spokesman for all honest collectors. :lol:  :roll:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:50 pm 

Thank you! Even with sarcastic overtones, to know my efforts are appreciated warms my heart.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:58 pm 

Keep up the good detective work Frank and be sure to post fraudulant and illegal ebay use here for all to see.

[[pats ass]]

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:03 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:I've also asked him why he leaves his feedback only when I left my feedback on him and received a lengthy blah-blah mail on how some other guy threatened to take him to court etc.

The Eastern Treasure Chest was famously bad for that - the guy WOULD NOT leave feedback til you had left it for them and then would retaliate for negative/neutral feedback - you can respond and the best way to do so is simply by stating "Seller uses Negatives/Neutrals in retaliation" - that is a big red flag to me on a seller.

Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:51 pm 

Does anyone recall about 3 weeks to 1 month ago a seller appeared that had the same type of auctions and descriptions The_Eastern_Treasure_Chest!! used??? I emailed that person and he kept saying he was not ETC, did not know who he was, etc. However the auctions he ran were the same. Exact same descriptions like SUPER RARE, ULTRA Rare, etc. Also the location were the seller was from was the same.

My thought was, wow what a coincidence, someone in the same town selling the same items and same type of auctions.  It was obvious he was trying to hide himself. A week later, the userid was unregistered. Anyone remember that??

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:01 pm 

I tried e-mailing ETC about a week ago to see if the guy (Robert) was still in business, but my e-mail got returned undeliverable.

I actually bid on a bunch of his stuff and was very pleased... (As long as I wasn't in any kind of a rush to get the item!)    8O

I did see some similar auctions to his which was what prompted the e-mail.  No info though...

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:04 pm 

Foster, I have tried to get in contact with Robert but to no avail. I do know after he was unregistered as ETC, he made a new userid called Smurfs_r_us!!. I am sure many of you here noticed that userid since it was using the same description and auction types Robert uses on his auction. That userid was unregistered for some reason I do not know. Then recently another userid popped up (the one I am talking about) and it looked like Roberts auction. I emailed the seller to see if it was him and got the response

"Whose is Eastern Treasure Chest? My name is XXXXXX. These items are my mom's. I am selling them for her"

If that indeed is not ETC, then the seller sure knows how to describe auctions and knows rpgs. :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:10 pm 

Mkman

I'll keep an eye out...

Robert actually had some pretty good items... when he eventually got around to shipping them!

I can't believe he would just stop selling.  He told me that was his business and sole source of income.

I dunno...?  If you get any more info, let me know!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:15 pm 

Hey Foster, reselling indeed is Roberts main source of income. I believe perhaps he has changed emails that is why your email is being bounced. I have not been in contact with him for months now. Perhaps he is on ebay selling other things besides rpgs. If you remember, he has sold NFL mugs, Christmas ornaments, SMURFS (hence that name Smurfs_r_us!!), and many other misc things.

He probably is on ebay right now selling other things besides rpgs.

Indeed he does have some good items but what led to his userid being unreg was all those negatives he received about slow shipping, no emailing, etc.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:22 pm 

Yeah, I got caught up in that whole fiasco...

To his credit though, he did finally ship the items.    :D

I haven't done much shopping for Smurfs... but I'll check for familiar looking YELLOW auctions!

Thanks for the info!

Matt

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:37 pm 

foster1969 wrote:Yeah, I got caught up in that whole fiasco...

To his credit though, he did finally ship the items.    :D

I haven't done much shopping for Smurfs... but I'll check for familiar looking YELLOW auctions!

Thanks for the info!

Matt

That is still no excuse for his retalitory feedback practices tho.  I waited about 2 months for an item which eventually did arrive - left a neutral feedback (which was generous IMO from the extended ship time and general uncommunicativeness of his emails) and got a neutral in return when I paid the day I won the damn auction!

A slimey eBayer IMO.

Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:42 pm 

It is scary to be the first one to post a feedback... You never know when someone is going to go postal over the littlest thing and Blam!  Negative!!!   8O

It is pretty crappy to retaliate...  My first negative was a retaliation from someone called Disneymom...   I think she lost her happy thoughts...

:D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:47 pm 

foster1969 wrote:It is scary to be the first one to post a feedback... You never know when someone is going to go postal over the littlest thing and Blam!  Negative!!!   8O

It is pretty crappy to retaliate...  My first negative was a retaliation from someone called Disneymom...   I think she lost her happy thoughts...

:D

When I sell, I post feedback as soon as I receive payment - If a buyer pays promptly, they have upheld their end of the contract and deserve positive feedback - almost all reputable sellers operate this way.

Paul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:56 pm 

That is still no excuse for his retalitory feedback practices tho. I waited about 2 months for an item which eventually did arrive - left a neutral feedback (which was generous IMO from the extended ship time and general uncommunicativeness of his emails) and got a neutral in return when I paid the day I won the damn auction!

I agree with you Tec9-7 about his retalitory feedback. In my numerous email contacts with him before he seemingly dissappeared from ebay, I always told him not to retaliate as that looks bad for him. Plus, he stands to lose a few buyers.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:03 pm 

The only Negative I ever got was from someone who bought the Gord the Rogue series from me. After a month of no response and no payment I left him Negative Feedback. The next day I received the payment(via Paypal) but I had allready re-listed them so I refunded his money. He then left me Negative and stated that I never contacted him even though I sent at least 5 emails :evil: .  What an ASS! It seems like alot of the people I buy from never leave feedback until I do. Feedback should be left as soon as you meet your end of the bargain. That is why I have never left feedback on the DG from eyeamgawd/Deadlords/etc.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:18 pm 

burntwire wrote:It seems like alot of the people I buy from never leave feedback until I do.

I guess I've been fortunate in my purchasing, in that w/ the exception of ETC, I think I've gotten feedback (positive) from all my sellers just about as soon as I paid (usually about 2 minutes after I win).

Paul

PreviousNext