Sellers: be careful with any BidPay references
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:31 pm 

This is the first I'm hearing of this, but it sounds like eBay will soon begin pulling listings with references to the BidPay payment system. My understanding is that using the BidPay logo, using a phrase such as "pay me with BidPay," etc., can get a listing removed with no warning.

Apparently, BidPay went tits-up on Dec. 31, so I guess the eBay folks have a point: it really isn't a payment option any longer.

More details:

http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m02/i02/s01

+++++

Read to the end for a good laugh: thousands of people still use "Billpoint" in their listings ... and Billpoint shut down two years ago.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:40 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:This is the first I'm hearing of this, but it sounds like eBay will soon begin pulling listings with references to the BidPay payment system. My understanding is that using the BidPay logo, using a phrase such as "pay me with BidPay," etc., can get a listing removed with no warning.

Apparently, BidPay went tits-up on Dec. 31, so I guess the eBay folks have a point: it really isn't a payment option any longer.

More details:

http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m02/i02/s01

+++++

Read to the end for a good laugh: thousands of people still use "Billpoint" in their listings ... and Billpoint shut down two years ago.

Was bidpay the Western Union Money orders that cost $5.00 US each?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:57 pm 

That stinks!  I had a semi-regular buyer who could pretty much only pay me by bidpay (They are from some country that can't use their credit card to pay through paypal)

It was a bit of a ripoff for the buyer, but still do-able especially when there are no other options.