Jolly rare D&D module for sale
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:47 pm 

Howdy All,

Scott, do you have scans of the other Lost Tamoachan's numbers? The two's are different. I have seen straight 2's (like the one for auction) and 2's with a loop. Just curious.

Clearly different writers.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:44 am 

faro wrote:Good to see those creases where expected. Not so good to see the others; and slight corner-nibbles at top and bottom left, judging by the blurry macro pics. It is apparently a nice clean copy, though :))

Dear Sir/Madam.

I have a question with which someone can perhaps help.  

What is this module's format?  The Acaeum listing says 'bagged not bound'.  So, does it have a wrap around cover, or separate cover sheets?  Are all the sheets single sheets?  How many pages etc..  

Part of the reason I asked is that the scan shows what look like spine creases - but I would expect to see spine creases more in a stapled cover than in a single card sheet (points to quoted point about creases where 'expected').

Yours, a bemused bus.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:10 am 

Bus, it is genuine. The numbers are the same as one of my old copies (227? Can't remember). And the spine creases are exactly like they should be.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:16 am 

Deadlord36 wrote: ... numbers are the same as one of my old copies (227? Can't remember)....

Thanks.  I suppose when you have a dozen or more, it must be difficult to remember the precise details.  :wink:  :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:38 am 

It's all foggy..................

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:43 am 

Just curious...how many have actually registered their copies on the site? I know I never have registered any of my copies, and although I owned #212 at one time, I never registered that one and sold it to the "next high bidder" on ebay a while back. I assume it was someone here ? would be curious to see hwo I sold it too as I have long lost the emails :)

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:02 pm 

The numbering on Tamoachans may have been done by different writers, yes.  It was certainly done with different pens... some of the numbering is in blue ink, and some in black ink.

The covers of both this and Ghost Tower are indeed not bound or stapled, but are wrap-around.  It's not a heavy cardstock cover, but rather is roughly the same paper weight as the interior pages, so it creases rather easily.

If I had to grade the current eBay copy by looking at the (new) scan, I'd grade it around "Fine" (borderline "Very Fine").

Foul

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:41 pm 

Thanks for those details, Scott.

FoulFoot wrote:If I had to grade the current eBay copy by looking at the (new) scan, I'd grade it around "Fine" (borderline "Very Fine").

Yes, rather that came from your mouth as a guideline grading based on the front cover, but was exactly what I'd've thought as a "first guess".

Hopefully any eBayers who know about the registry will also check on the forums.

Still not to be sniffed at by any means. :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:24 pm 

Update :)

"After some digging in my basement and small uneventful battles with some rather large spiders [ed.: :P], I found the original bag that the Module came in. Now don't expect much, it's basically a large glad bag, with red seal line on top. Not gonna label with a grade, not going down that road right now, lol. It's in good shape with no noticeable holes, not spectacular but it's the one they packaged it up with almost 30 years ago"

(ziploc ¬= shrink. However if anyone wants to buy a VG Tsoj ziploc for $300, please let me know. OK, special deal; $200... ;))
Definitely a "nice to have", even if the current packaging is probably better (acid free?).

With regards the grading comments above, the seller "completely agree[s] with the new revised grading, probably pretty close".
Seems to be a very honest individual with regards such matters: just unfamiliar with the new grading regime. (I can empathise with that...)

Personally, I'm still thinking that having those gradings listed on the Tamo/Inverness registry is probably not a "useful" thing to have.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:16 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... EMTFW:US:1

This better end up higher than $845.50 or I am going to be pissed at myself for not bidding more. Good luck anyway William.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:18 pm 

Great win, David!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:18 pm 

congratulations though - my bid got nowhere. :) :)

edited again to add that it is good to see it coming across the pond.  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:19 pm 

Wow, $1601.93. See now I am glad that I didn't bid any more, less frustrating. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:26 pm 

I have to ask - did you use a sniping service or do it manually?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:27 pm 

red_bus wrote:I have to ask - did you use a sniping service or do it manually?

Uh, let's try to stick to auction-related D&D discussions here, okay?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:40 pm 

red_bus wrote:congratulations though - my bid got nowhere. :) :)

edited again to add that it is good to see it coming across the pond. 8)

Amen.  A welcome change.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:41 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

8O  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:45 pm 

red_bus wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:

8O :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yeah, I have to agree with you guys:  it is kind of nice for the other side that it's headed across the Atlantic.  At least we're still able to export something of value from this country once in a while!

PreviousNext