Poll:  What condition is your collection in?
Poll: What is your collection's average condition?

NM (or better) 17%       17%  [ 8 ]
Fine/Very Fine 45%       45%  [ 21 ]
Good/Very Good 28%       28%  [ 13 ]
Fair 9%       9%  [ 4 ]
VGC! 2%       2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 47

Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:10 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:Yeah right....and maybe WotC will convert Dark Sun to 3rd edition. :roll:

To late, it has already been done 8)

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:23 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Games of WWII seem to be underappreciated and not catalogued.

i really like these and pick the odd one up from time to time. i play them with me mum n dads next door neighbour, who used to be in the army and is an avid collector of allsorts of WWII stuff. funnily tho, i always tend to beat him :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:30 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
ExTSR wrote:Games of WWII seem to be underappreciated and not catalogued.

i really like these and pick the odd one up from time to time. i play them with me mum n dads next door neighbour, who used to be in the army and is an avid collector of allsorts of WWII stuff. funnily tho, i always tend to beat him :D

Al

Is he German? :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:17 pm 

I put middle of the road...everything I own is in very good condition, well cared for, but opened, read, and loved. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:42 pm 

We only keep items in FINE or better shape. Some of our 1st edition collection and most of our 2nd edition collection is still in shrink. We sold most of our rare and uncommon stuff and kept the stuff that was generally available to the public. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:25 pm 

The really rare stuff in my collection is in stellar condition...near-mint to mint, I'd say.

The more common items vary in condition from good to very good.  Some of the most interesting stuff, though, isn't in the best condition because it's been owned and used by people who've been prominent in the history of the game.  I think David has made mention of the same thing regarding some of his really cool items.

My other collection - football cards - varies in condition from mint (not many cards) to good (most of them).  Unless you were a knowledgeable collector when the old cards were being released, you probably shuffled through them with your buddies countless times on your bedroom floor over the years.  Hence, most of them tend to be a little scuffed, bumped, etc., that is, well-loved.  :D

Previous