TOTALLY OT....
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:58 pm 

I notice that you guys travel a lot...especially on business.  Grodog is always going to various American cities.  Another guy has to move to American from Italy for six months.....

...Now, Egypt for seven weeks.   8O

What do you guys do for a living?   :?

We school teachers think it's a big deal to ride a bus to tour a bakery or go swimming at the YMCA.    8O

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:42 pm 

Well, for someone who spent 112 nights last year in Marriott's, I'm a Computer geek (if you'r talking less than 5000 computers you don't really need me though).

At times I think about taking my Math degree and becoming a teacher, but getting used to a teacher's pay stub would definately take some getting used to.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:49 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:We school teachers think it's a big deal to ride a bus to tour a bakery or go swimming at the YMCA.

My wife is a teacher, and our big trip for the year was to ... Dallas. :)

No one does it for the money, though. Both she and I have quit higher-paying jobs in the past to try something that was closer to our hearts. I believe strongly that teaching is a calling that you happen to get paid for.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:50 pm 

^^^

Jesus, again?!?

I swear I'm not starting new pages on purpose ... it's like I've been struck with some freakish D&D-style curse.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:11 pm 

Disjected wrote:Well, for someone who spent 112 nights last year in Marriott's, I'm a Computer geek (if you'r talking less than 5000 computers you don't really need me though).

At times I think about taking my Math degree and becoming a teacher, but getting used to a teacher's pay stub would definately take some getting used to.

Back in 1981, I got paid $10 an hour for my summer job at the Safeway Warehouse in Clackamas Oregon.  I (seriously) stacked yogurt.

If I had stayed at Safeway Warehouse, I would have been much more wealthy...and also dead inside.

I accepted low pay as a consequence of job satisfaction...it just wrankles sometimes that my pay check reflects the disrespect society overall has for my profession.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous