Melting In The Sun     from The Swing  by INXS

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:31 am 

or

Canned Heat     from Synkronized  by Jamiroquai

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:37 am 

walking on sunshine - katrina & the waves cos it feckin feels like that lemme tell you :)

rain - the cult - cos you bloody wish it most of the day :)

hot hot hot - buster poindexter - man isnt it just :)

Al :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:07 am 

Bandages by Hot Hot Heat.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:39 pm 

All this talk of heat is starting to make me nervous.  We Northwesterners consider 70 degrees to be a hot day.  We think anything below 40 degrees (Farenheit, for all you metri-barbarians out there) is frackin' cold.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:52 am 

MShipley88 wrote:All this talk of heat is starting to make me nervous.  We Northwesterners consider 70 degrees to be a hot day.  We think anything below 40 degrees (Farenheit, for all you metri-barbarians out there) is frackin' cold.

Mark   8)

thing is though - northern england is pretty much the same most times.

when you are in the sahara for a specific purpose tho, you dont really mind being hot, as you are dressed and prepared to accept it.

on top of that, you dont really get to clean yourself properly for a week either so each sandstorm that comes along just sticks another nice layer of sand on you :D

all good fun :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:53 pm 

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/05/15 ... ws-report/

Water power..now this is freaky.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:03 pm 

Try Death Valley Nights by Blue Oyster Cult. Perfect.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:55 pm 

hey guys...currently editing a DVD of the marathon des sables TV footage - pain in the arse  :twisted:

anyway just to make y'all smile, here is a pic of my food that i took for a week. now bear in mind, this is ALL that i had for a week.

check it out :D

now could YOU survive on that? :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:20 pm 

Survive? Yes.

Run a marathon? No.

Yous crazy, chummers.

"Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies just because you had a hand in bringing them about?" J.R.R. Tolkien

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:43 pm 

TigerKing wrote:Survive? Yes.

Run a marathon? No.

Yous crazy, chummers.

well you gotta go for it :)

this isnt just a marathon...its like 5.5 in a week :)

i've got my 14 mile walk up to 3 hrs 6 mins now - nice and fast...so quite promising!

i checked the UK site to log my registration in for 2008 and i see its already full!!! AND there is over 100 on the waiting list already!!!!! feck that is amazingly fast!

so looks like i will be an aussie for a further year of applying :)

ho hum :)

just think. they payment i am making for this, you could almost buy jeff's woodgrain :)

:D :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:52 pm 

Are those Standard or Iron rations?

Iron-man rations, perhaps?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:03 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:this isnt just a marathon...its like 5.5 in a week :)

Yeah, there's the rub - or is that the sand in the trainers? ... and the 100+ degree temps....

*g*. sry, the answer's still no, Al!

killjoy32 wrote:i've got my 14 mile walk up to 3 hrs 6 mins now - nice and fast...so quite promising!

A decent walking speed over distance would appear to be key for MdS, no? (Even if not /that/ fast, since it would be more energy-efficient to jog when putting that much effort in).

8 2/3 mile jog-walk was ~1hr 15 earlier in the week and 3km under 13 minutes tonight.
Wearing hill-walking boots probably doesn't help, though! :P

killjoy32 wrote:i checked the UK site to log my registration in for 2008 and i see its already full!!! AND there is over 100 on the waiting list already!!!!! feck that is amazingly fast!

If you started a waiting list for people willing to strap a rocket on their back to jump the Grand Canyon you'd prolly get 100 people in no time.

Some people are crazy, either way! :)

killjoy32 wrote:so looks like i will be an aussie for a further year of applying :)

Heh, heh... or even do that! ;)

*jk*

Keep on enjoying!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:05 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:just think. they payment i am making for this, you could almost buy jeff's woodgrain :)
Al

AAck!! 8O

Not for sale!

Turns out I am going to Egypt for a 7 week stint!  Any body know of any cool game stores in Cairo or Alexandria  :D

Later
Jeff

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:13 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Turns out I am going to Egypt for a 7 week stint!  Any body know of any cool game stores in Cairo or Alexandria  :D

Would have to be cool otherwise those woodies are likely to have caught mummy rot in that climate, I'd think.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:18 pm 

faro wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:Turns out I am going to Egypt for a 7 week stint!  Any body know of any cool game stores in Cairo or Alexandria  :D

Would have to be cool otherwise those woodies are likely to have caught mummy rot in that climate, I'd think.

I am told it is hot and dry (just like a desert  8) )  if one exists there it may be in OK shape.  

Somehow I do not think there are many players in Egypt, I don't know why I think that just a hunch :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:26 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I am told it is hot and dry (just like a desert  8) )  if one exists there it may be in OK shape.  

Somehow I do not think there are many players in Egypt, I don't know why I think that just a hunch :)

hot and dry huh...lemme tell you mate, you will be sweating like nothing you would believe in about 2 mins flat, so have fun :D

i highly doubt you will find a gaming shop in egypt! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:35 pm 

david: i learnt a lot of things this time round, some pretty much the hard way, but a lesson nonetheless.

O/T: i am doing the great langdale marathon in september if you fancy having a bash at that? thats kinda up your way slightly :)

back on topic: your distances are getting pretty good now, keep it up. times n stuff are pretty irrelevant really. its putting in a good distance and feeling good about it that matters - more respect for you doing that tbh.

i found this year, that i simply couldnt run. the climate was WAY too hot for me to run in. some could, but i simply couldnt - well not for more than a few hundred metres anyway. what i found was that although i knew my body would heat up a lot, i found it did that a LOT and eventually i would start feeling light-headed and see little white spots, so that was a sign to gooooo slower and hey you cant do that.

so this time round, i am gonna powerwalk, which is what i have been doing pretty much at the moment and to sort my training out some so that i cross-train and not just do the same stuff all the time. gonna do walk up snowdon in a few weeks and go do some hill walking down in the brecon beacons in august. quick walking can be just as hard as jogging, specially if youre not used to it, believe me! but i am feeling somewhat better now about things - my hip is lots better now, tho not totally right, but good enough that i can deal with it now and i find that i cant run a lot now - my left knee is in a really bad way from all the abuse over the last year, so i am gonna jog sparingly, 7 miles max on a running session which takes about 55 mins. i have also been cycling 15 miles too and as i say my walks are up to 13-14 miles now. my next walk this weekend will be appx 17 miles. i hope to steadily build that each week, as long as my legs are ok with it - who knows! i have also learnt to rest a little more too and slowly build things and have a good solid final 6 months instead of killing myself too much :D

anyway....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext